PDA

View Full Version : Which 5 Knicks to end games when amare and shump comes back?

NiR
11-29-2012, 12:55 PM
and how will the lineup look? right now i think the lineup should be this.

starting:

Chandler- he seems soft so far. get more agressive on the boards and block more shots.
Melo - more intensity and needs to keep being agressive to hoop. and needs to stop complaining at the refs. it is not helping. just get back on d
Felton - more penetrating and dishing or lay ups all the time!
Brewer- defense! (instead of shump only because knicks might need a bit more size)
Kidd - nuff said!

2nd string: I honestly cant decide which of these 5 should have more minutes. I guess keep novak if he is on fire but otherwise get him out for the rest. pick and rolls with prig and amare might do well, and possibly kidd might be added a bit more with amare to see if that can work.

Amare - needs to be more agressive and less jump shots. needs to work with prig and kidd for pick and rolls and should be backing melo or chandler.
shump - needs to continue working on his penetrating and jump shots. he can be a beast !
prigioni-more penetration and should take it to the hoop more if he is allowed to. he isnt a bad shooter either so needs to develop that more.
Jr smith- i like it when he penetrates and is agressive and dishes. but still should shoot if he is free.
Sheed - needs to focus more on the post game. i know he is shooting 3's well, but i rather have the other 50 knicks shoot 3's then him
novak- lights out!

3rd string:

copeland - disspointment so far but i think he is just nervous, but still his defense /rebounding sucks and thats why he doesnt fit with the knicks
james white - everytime he is in the game, i feel like he is just trying to shoot. even though he has hit some 3's
kurt thomas- he is just so damn slow
camby - he really needs to start seeing more minutes in games we need a bit more rebounds

Finishing the games:
Melo
chandler
amare
felton
shumpert/kidd depending on what knicks need more. defense or offense.

these are some of my analysis of everyone in the knicks and what they need to do so list yours. And whats everyones opinions on how the lineup should be and why?

NiR
11-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Anyone?

DukeJohnsonfan
11-30-2012, 11:12 AM
don't care. Amare is a still a good player and will get his points regardless.

SpartacusNYC
11-30-2012, 11:26 AM
It will depend on the game, the matchups, and the situation.

The only guys who are locks to finish the game are Melo and Tyson.

Novak will end some games for his shooting threat even (I'm talking last possession here.)

I think we have a ton of guys who Woodson is comfortable with finishing the game, so it will depend on the situation.

Starting? Felton, Shumpert, Brewer, Carmelo, Tyson. No doubt about it. Shump might come off the bench to get him back into the flow, but he is a starter.

Bench? Mix and match. Novak, JR, Amar'e, Kidd will all get significant minutes. Sheed, Camby, and Kurt will all pick up minutes here and there to fill in the big man roles.

I really hope Camby can pick it up. We gave him a big contract, and we need rebounding.

btlifter
11-30-2012, 12:27 PM
It will depend on the game, the matchups, and the situation.

The only guys who are locks to finish the game are Melo and Tyson.

Novak will end some games for his shooting threat even (I'm talking last possession here.)

I think we have a ton of guys who Woodson is comfortable with finishing the game, so it will depend on the situation.

Starting? Felton, Shumpert, Brewer, Carmelo, Tyson. No doubt about it. Shump might come off the bench to get him back into the flow, but he is a starter.

Bench? Mix and match. Novak, JR, Amar'e, Kidd will all get significant minutes. Sheed, Camby, and Kurt will all pick up minutes here and there to fill in the big man roles.

I really hope Camby can pick it up. We gave him a big contract, and we need rebounding.

First of all, I disagree about ONE point you made, I don't think Chandler is a lock to be on the floor at the end of games, i'd say Melo and maybe Felton for locks... Amare at the 5 if they are behind late in games is not improbable...

beyond that.... gotdamn @ that bench

jkidd
jr
novak
amare
camby

...Sheed could be the benches 6th man

...that depth, their bench would make the playoffs in the east

SpartacusNYC
11-30-2012, 12:33 PM
First of all, I disagree about ONE point you made, I don't think Chandler is a lock to be on the floor at the end of games, i'd say Melo and maybe Felton for locks... Amare at the 5 if they are behind late in games is not improbable...

beyond that.... gotdamn @ that bench

jkidd
jr
novak
amare
camby

...Sheed could be the benches 6th man

...that depth, their bench would make the playoffs in the east

Fair point.

regGQ
11-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Felton
shump
melo
amare
tyson

your best players finish off games, maybe we go smaller (meaning Tyson sits unless defense is a huge concern, we've seen Chandler sit the 4th quarter many times due to mismatches)

anyways we'll see if Amare/Shump return to form after their injuries.

Im still in the belief that Melo & Amare will play significant minutes together with Felton/Kidd/Prigs running the point they are echelons above Toney Douglas, Jeremy Lin & Mike Bibby (at that point in his career) at being floor generals.

They did look pretty good with Billups for a stretch but that was w/o Chandler and they did look good under Woodson with Baren Davids so jury is still out on that

SpartacusNYC
11-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Felton
shump
melo
amare
tyson

your best players finish off games, maybe we go smaller (meaning Tyson sits unless defense is a huge concern, we've seen Chandler sit the 4th quarter many times due to mismatches)

anyways we'll see if Amare/Shump return to form after their injuries.

Im still in the belief that Melo & Amare will play significant minutes together with Felton/Kidd/Prigs running the point they are echelons above Toney Douglas, Jeremy Lin & Mike Bibby (at that point in his career) at being floor generals.

They did look pretty good with Billups for a stretch but that was w/o Chandler and they did look good under Woodson with Baren Davids so jury is still out on that

Baren Davids. LMAO

sdballer5588
11-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Better question, who will they resign when you;re out in the first round again.

SpartacusNYC
11-30-2012, 01:36 PM
This message is hidden because sdballer5588 is on your ignore list.

Masstastic
11-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Better question, who will they resign when you;re out in the first round again.

Everybody is signed for a few years except Brewer, a stop-gap for Shump.

Your Celtics missing Jesus Shuttlesworth right about now. I used to love when he would come off those screens.

NewYorkMets
11-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Everybody is signed for a few years except Brewer, a stop-gap for Shump.

Your Celtics missing Jesus Shuttlesworth right about now. I used to love when he would come off those screens.

Celtic fans told me jason terry and courtney lee would easily replace ray.

As for the op, i want to have Tyson on the floor to end the game. Even on offense, he had that huge tap out in the bulls game when melo hit the game winner last season.

Masstastic
11-30-2012, 01:56 PM
The lineup you go with:

Kidd
Shump
Brewer
Melo
Amare

JR Smith shouldn't even be in the discussion to end a game.

Tyson Chandler contributes nothing defensively at the end of games that Amare can't manage for 3-5 minutes. The only concern is foul trouble for Amare but since the Knicks have adjusted without him.....let him get fouls and bring Tyson back in if you go to OT.

I OuTsiDeR I
11-30-2012, 02:04 PM
The lineup you go with:

Kidd
Shump
Brewer
Melo
Amare

JR Smith shouldn't even be in the discussion to end a game.

Tyson Chandler contributes nothing defensively at the end of games that Amare can't manage for 3-5 minutes. The only concern is foul trouble for Amare but since the Knicks have adjusted without him.....let him get fouls and bring Tyson back in if you go to OT. If you need a stop Amare normally doesn't get it for you. His rebounding is suspect also. But this would be a good lineup offensively. I guess its up to you if you want to gamble but for me I'd rather have defense over offense, since I have Melo anyway. I don't like Brewer because I don't trust his perimeter game at all. I know I sound contradicting cause I said I'd rather have defense, but if Shump is there on the perimeter on D, I think its ok not to have Brewer.

Masstastic
11-30-2012, 02:20 PM
If you need a stop Amare normally doesn't get it for you. His rebounding is suspect also. But this would be a good lineup offensively. I guess its up to you if you want to gamble but for me I'd rather have defense over offense, since I have Melo anyway. I don't like Brewer because I don't trust his perimeter game at all. I know I sound contradicting cause I said I'd rather have defense, but if Shump is there on the perimeter on D, I think its ok not to have Brewer.

I guess it depends on who you're matched up with. Chandler is necessary if you're dealing with teams like OKC or Miami who will get to the rim hoping to get to the line. I do know that if you leave just Melo out there it will become obvious who is going to take the shot each possession for the final 3-5 minutes.

My idea is if you're going to have Kidd out there to simply control the pace, Amare could be equally a factor as Melo with the pick & roll. Then Amare is supposed to debut that post game he had been focused on during the offseason.

Last minute I want the ball in Melo's hands tho.

sdballer5588
11-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Not Amare. Problem solved. Get Melo the ball anywhere, novak and JR in the corners, Kidd for ballhandling, Camby/Tyson for rebounding. Tyson is a better tipper.

sups31
11-30-2012, 02:31 PM
woodson has always been a "go with the flow" guy. he'll go with who's hot and he's not afraid to bench anyone but melo and stat will both probably be locks regardless.

sdballer5588
11-30-2012, 02:36 PM
woodson has always been a "go with the flow" guy. he'll go with who's hot and he's not afraid to bench anyone but melo and stat will both probably be locks regardless.

Amare isnt really the guy I'd want on the floor. Supreme offense intended here, the dude will NOT go out of his way to win. Melo will. Tyson will. Kidd will. Hell even smith will.

I OuTsiDeR I
11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
I guess it depends on who you're matched up with. Chandler is necessary if you're dealing with teams like OKC or Miami who will get to the rim hoping to get to the line. I do know that if you leave just Melo out there it will become obvious who is going to take the shot each possession for the final 3-5 minutes.

My idea is if you're going to have Kidd out there to simply control the pace, Amare could be equally a factor as Melo with the pick & roll. Then Amare is supposed to debut that post game he had been focused on during the offseason.

Last minute I want the ball in Melo's hands tho. I don't disagree with what you said, the lineup you put up is great offensively and Amare can be successful in it with Melo at the 4. I'm just a defense kind of guy. You need to get stops and can't be trading baskets no matter how good you think your offense is IMO. I just always think of the suns Nash/Amare, putting up mad points but in the playoffs when stops were needed they couldn't get any. I just really don't trust Amare on D.

They really don't need him and I wish they could trade him for some quality players but with that contract good luck. Hopefully Woodson can find a way, I would hate to see them go backwards with Amare coming back.

NiR
12-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Another thing to point out is that amare has never had a defensive minded coach. So perhaps his defense can improve enough. But 1 thing for sure is that when amare is on floor, we need 2 good passing point guards on floor with him. So Kidd and Felton or even prig possibly. Prig is decent with pick and rolls. So amare,Felton,melo,Kidd, and shump. Chandler would clog the mid too much. However it would be good if they all could make it work. But if amare doesn't improve his defense then all bets are of.