PDA

View Full Version : Food and College

chicagofire55
11-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Basically Im in college and lifting more and more regularly, and its getting harder and harder to eat healthy without getting pretty repetitive, and I'm just wondering what foods i should be consuming regular to gain muscle and weight, as right now I'm about 5'9 160. I've started supplement a lot of vitamins and minerals, as well as fish oil to make up for some inconsistencies, but what foods should i look for on the college menu? Ive been avoiding chicken tenders and burgers and such but I'm running out of options.

AlwaysTryin
11-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Why are you avoiding chicken tenders?

emersonkelly
11-29-2012, 01:07 AM
Have protein shakes regularly to gain muscle strength!!

DarylAng1996
11-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Basically Im in college and lifting more and more regularly, and its getting harder and harder to eat healthy without getting pretty repetitive, and I'm just wondering what foods i should be consuming regular to gain muscle and weight, as right now I'm about 5'9 160. I've started supplement a lot of vitamins and minerals, as well as fish oil to make up for some inconsistencies, but what foods should i look for on the college menu? Ive been avoiding chicken tenders and burgers and such but I'm running out of options.

It is alright to eat those as long it fits your macros. http://youtu.be/BC7qX3qr5Yc

librazebra
11-29-2012, 02:12 AM
Go for chicken breast instead of chicken tenders, snack on almonds, pine nuts, etc. I buy avocados from town and have a stash in my room that I eat whenever, as well as a stash of brown rice and quinoa that my mother sent me. I also find that buying pasta from the supermarket and keeping boxes of it in your room is and cooking up a bunch of it and then keeping it in the fridge for whenever you need it is helpful, it's much cheaper than the cafeteria food.

Philippeboissar
11-29-2012, 02:18 AM
Haha, brah !
Just eat the **** out of the college !
Seriusly, at some point u will be so massive, so that the kcal you get isent enough, then you will get shredded :P
1. get mass
2. let the heavy mass rip u !

I eat lots of stuff i shouldent, but my 85 kg's (190 lb) and 175 cm (5,7 feet) gives me such a high cal burn, so i dont get fat :P

Philippeboissar
11-29-2012, 02:19 AM
Go for chicken breast instead of chicken tenders, snack on almonds, pine nuts, etc. I buy avocados from town and have a stash in my room that I eat whenever, as well as a stash of brown rice and quinoa that my mother sent me. I also find that buying pasta from the supermarket and keeping boxes of it in your room is and cooking up a bunch of it and then keeping it in the fridge for whenever you need it is helpful, it's much cheaper than the cafeteria food.

But if you wanna stay in good shape all the way, follow this guys advice!

AlwaysTryin
11-29-2012, 10:43 AM
But if you wanna stay in good shape all the way, follow this guys advice!

Brown rice tastes ****. Basmati FTW