PDA

View Full Version : Everyday Nutrtion + Supplementation

jfrost2083
11-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Hey guys! I just recently ordered whey protein and creatine as supplements for my everyday workout. This is my first time ever putting whey protein and creatine to use and I'm a bit unsure about the usage, so some advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm around 5''8 and weigh around 130 lbs. Assuming that I consume a proper amount of protein and other nutrients through real nutrition and supplementation every day through 4-6 meals, when should I take my daily dosage(s) of whey protein and/or creatine? Please note that I workout every morning at around 5:30 AM. I've seen a few "guides" on meals eaten throughout the day but they all had the pre-workout and post-workout 'meals' placed somewhere in the afternoon. I'm confused because I'm not sure if I should just drink a pre-workout shake (whey protein+creatine) at 5 AM, workout at 5:30, finish working out around 6:40, drink a post-workout drink (whey protein?), and then eat breakfast right after? Or should I wait 2-3 hours after taking my post-workout shake to eat breakfast and then continue to have mini-meals every 2-3 hours from then on? Sorry that was a lot of information but I had to ask!

nofear24pr
11-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Just wait 15-30 minutes after taking post workout for your breakfast, then wait 2-3 hrs for next meal.

Im assuming your goal is mass gain? If it is you should not worry about waiting exactly 2-3 hrs or 30 minutes to eat, just eat if you are hungry.
Dont be like: "Im really hungry but I still have to wait 10 more minutes before I can eat" lol.

AlwaysTryin
11-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Just wait 15-30 minutes after taking post workout for your breakfast, then wait 2-3 hrs for next meal.

What? Why does he need to do that

rand18m
11-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Hey guys! I just recently ordered whey protein and creatine as supplements for my everyday workout. This is my first time ever putting whey protein and creatine to use and I'm a bit unsure about the usage, so some advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm around 5''8 and weigh around 130 lbs. Assuming that I consume a proper amount of protein and other nutrients through real nutrition and supplementation every day through 4-6 meals, when should I take my daily dosage(s) of whey protein and/or creatine? Please note that I workout every morning at around 5:30 AM. I've seen a few "guides" on meals eaten throughout the day but they all had the pre-workout and post-workout 'meals' placed somewhere in the afternoon. I'm confused because I'm not sure if I should just drink a pre-workout shake (whey protein+creatine) at 5 AM, workout at 5:30, finish working out around 6:40, drink a post-workout drink (whey protein?), and then eat breakfast right after? Or should I wait 2-3 hours after taking my post-workout shake to eat breakfast and then continue to have mini-meals every 2-3 hours from then on? Sorry that was a lot of information but I had to ask!

Well I can see you have quite a lot to learn, so I'm going to try and help you out.

First off, if you get adequate protein from whole foods then you don't need a whey supplement. Protein supplements are just what the word says, they are there to supplement if you have problems getting adequate protein in your daily diet.

As far as eating pre or post workout, if you like having food before you workout, by all means find what works for you, and that could certainly be a protein shake or any type of whole food. If not that's fine as well, you'll find many on this forum that have been training for years and prefer to do so fasted.

As far as after your workouts, you could simply eat your breakfast.

Now with regards to creatine, that is an ergogenic aid that certainly has ample evidence to show that it works for many people, maybe even most people. You can do two things with creatine, you can either load or simply start taking 3-5 grams a day.

If you load, you would want to take up to 20 grams a day, in 5 gram increments throughout the day. In other words 5 grams 4 times a day. Do that for a week to get yourself saturated then 3-5 grams a day from then on. If you just start taking creatine it might take up to 3 weeks to become saturated.

Now I caution you that if you are new to training, creatine is not something you are going to see any difference from using. Simply because you are a beginner. So I think it's prudent to start training and worry about creatine after you become more advanced and possibly have hit a plateau, but it's certainly not going to hurt you to use it.

In the meantime please start with this link and learn the basics of composing a diet that will assist you in reaching your goals. Post back with your TEE and your macro determinations if you want feedback. Good luck!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

jfrost2083
12-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Sorry for the late reply. I'm a total amateur when it comes to planning out my own meal plans. I just don't get how to calculate how many grams of proteins/carbohydrates/etc are in all the things i consume and as a result, I have absolutely no idea of how to make my meal plan. I tried reading the link you posted but it was really just too confusing and I'm currently so busy with school work. This is so overwhelming! I don't know what to do.

AlwaysTryin
12-02-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm currently so busy with school work. This is so overwhelming! I don't know what to do.
We all have busy lives dude

If you actually want it, you'll take the time to read over it slowly a few times

Menschie
12-02-2012, 06:24 PM
We all have busy lives dude

If you actually want it, you'll take the time to read over it slowly a few times

That's the difference between people who excel and make things happen and those who don't.