PDA

View Full Version : Jimmer Stats - why doesn't he get more pt ??

mustang
11-23-2012, 04:56 AM
Points per 36 minutes in NBA
1. Kobe
2. Jamal Crawford
3. Carmelo
t4. Jimmer
t4. LeBron

Kings Shooting %
1. Jimmer 51%
2. Thomas 41%
3. Brooks 40%

Kings Assists per 36 minutes
1. Jimmer 4
2. Thomas 3.5
2. Brooks 3.5

Kings Minutes per game
1. Thomas 22
2. Brooks 20
?. Jimmer 9

I don't watch Kings games so I don't know if he even really deserves more PT, but his stats would make me assume so. Why is he sitting the bench so much?

Snakethejake83
11-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Can't Play D worth a crap.

yungbreezy
11-23-2012, 06:21 AM
It wouldn't translate, big jump from 9 minutes to 36 minutes. Plus I'm assuming the majority of his P/T is coming against second units or in garbage time. Also like dude said above me, he can't play a lick of defense.

Tony_S
11-23-2012, 07:11 AM
waste of a draft pick

Masstastic
11-23-2012, 07:25 AM
He has 3 problems that go against him:

- MOST IMPORTANT: Jimmer is not a natural NBA PG. He just doesn't see the game the way others do, he sees it like a "scorer" would. A lot of passes he could've made, he just doesn't see coming. This is mainly why Zeke 2.0 takes his minutes. Jimmer isn't good enough defensively to get out there either.

- Jimmer has terrible shot selection. It's not on the level of Nick Young, but it's the same issue. For guys who are good "perimeter scorers" you would think they would spend more time focusing on spot shooting but they don't. Most of the shots he takes he can make some nights and drop 20-30 points if given the green light but he can also go 3-13 from the field and do nothing else to compensate by getting to the line.

- He won't get the green light on the Kings when Marcus Thornton comes off the bench and has the green light. If Thornton were to be traded then I think Jimmer would get a chance to replace him, but Thornton is solid. On another team some coach may let Jimmer come off the bench and get up shots.

GetBigyo
11-23-2012, 07:34 AM
It wouldn't translate, big jump from 9 minutes to 36 minutes. Plus I'm assuming the majority of his P/T is coming against second units or in garbage time. Also like dude said above me, he can't play a lick of defense.
This.

LOL @ using per 36 to gauge a player's ability, when that player is playing 9mpg.

Masstastic
11-23-2012, 07:36 AM
waste of a draft pick
Agreed.

That was purely an ownership decision.

They were hoping Jimmer, fresh off of his college hype, would prove doubters wrong and go ham.

brb white PG scoring 25 PPG on 38% from the field
brb his name is JIMMER!
brb he's a mormon Mac Miller
brb tickets sales thru the roof to see him
brb fans will forget about that new arena
brb move team

Future24
11-23-2012, 08:22 AM
Honestly one if the worst nba players I've watched this year.