PDA

View Full Version : Question on Oats

renegadecz
02-16-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm thinking of buying a blender cuz im sick of eatin oatmeal every morning but anyways my question is when you blend oats is it as hard to down as oatmeal? Would make things alot easier for me because i don't have that much time in the morning anyways .. so just tossing 1/2 a cup of oats in a blender would be so much easier than boiling milk and then stirring oats and etc.

-TC-
02-16-2007, 04:28 PM
if you have a pretty good blender you can do it until its a powder. you might have to shake it up a few times while you drink it because it can sit on the bottom and taste pretty gross, but if you cant stand oats, thats the way to do it

jk21
02-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Grind the oats and keep them in a container or something (oat powder) and then mix in a scoop or 2 with your shakes. Keep mixing it in the shake though so you arent left with a tone of it at the bottom - it also increases the GI of them incase your worried about that.

renegadecz
02-16-2007, 05:00 PM
thx ... yea oats isn't my thing i could take it 3 days a week but not every morning. Also any suggestions with what you could mix it with .. i was thinking about just milk oats and a cup of vanilla whey for the protein and some flavor .... i was thinkin bout adding a banana but ill just eat that lol that would be stupid. From what i remember alot of people add splenda.. i think.

renegadecz
02-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Grind the oats and keep them in a container or something (oat powder) and then mix in a scoop or 2 with your shakes. Keep mixing it in the shake though so you arent left with a tone of it at the bottom - it also increases the GI of them incase your worried about that.

that would be kinda better for my situtation anyways because im not hungry for a long time after breakfeast so i gotta mostly force myself to eat ... hopefully with GI being higher then i could eat sooner. Do you know how much the difference is?

ceilos456
02-16-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm thinking of buying a blender cuz im sick of eatin oatmeal every morning but anyways my question is when you blend oats is it as hard to down as oatmeal? Would make things alot easier for me because i don't have that much time in the morning anyways .. so just tossing 1/2 a cup of oats in a blender would be so much easier than boiling milk and then stirring oats and etc.

get a coffee grinder bro

SpeedDemon9
02-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Coffee grinder will work wonders for the oats!!!

Kevie Kev
02-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Hot Oatmeal is the best thing ever in the morning. I dont see why not many people like it :(

renegadecz
02-16-2007, 08:37 PM
it's just too heavy and hard to down ... plus at the end before you swallow you start to taste the oats and i just don't perfer the taste... i usually eat stuff i like so it's a change for me to eat something that im not really enjoying .. and when i have to do that 7 days a week it becomes a pain.

rocketfuel76
02-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Just buy a coffee grinder. It grinds the oats up really fine and it only costs like $13 bucks.

curb_pks
02-17-2007, 11:00 AM

Put them in a blender, and assuming its a good blender, just let it go till they turn into powder. Then add a scoop of whey, some milk, and a banana. Tastes awesome to me. Just keep a spoon nearby and stir it every now and again so the oats dont sit at the bottom. Its tasty, and I dont really like oats all that much.