PDA

View Full Version : My diet and potential issues

Hoad92
11-15-2012, 04:44 AM
Hi guys, Im trying to lean down atm, about 99 kilos, thought id post my diet and see if you guys can tweak it to speed up fat loss. Im around 14 % BF and trying to get to 8 %,

Meal 1: 1cup egg whites, 2 egg yolks, 1 cup spinach, 30 grams mixed nuts

Train: Weights / 20 - 30 minutes cardio

Meal 2: Protein shake, 1 cup oats

Meal 3: 150 - 200 gram steak, 1 cup oats, 1 cup brocolli

Cardio Session 30 - 1 hour

Meal 4: Chicken breast, 1 cup spinach

Meal 5: chicken breast, 1 cup brocolli / spinach.

Had a previous post about the fact that oats are hte only carb out of hte main ones ( brown rice, sweet potato etc ) that settles with my stomach. Any positive feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

layarph
11-15-2012, 04:58 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129523333

bagge677
11-15-2012, 05:00 AM
your 99 kilos with 14% bf ? hard to believe.. cant imagine someone could get so big with so little knowledge about nutrition

calories look like a joke for someone ur weight despite activity factor

count your calories, and be in a deficit that the best way to loose fat. if you want to enhance it in terms of maintaining as much lean mass as possible, ensure you are having all the micros you need and have a perfect balance for your macros when cutting.. supplements may help, heard some good things about yohimbine however i cant give you any advice on it.

for the speeding up thing: if you are natty, you shouldnt speed up fat loss if you arent competing for a competition in a few weeks. Your just sacrificing more lean mass when trying to speed it up, going into a bigger deficit etc

also dont try to force your body to go 8%, if you see that youre loosing too much lean mass while cutting go back on a bulk and repeat the circles. its a marathon not a sprint

Hoad92
11-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Oh, really sorry. Feel dumb now after reading that post haha. Just did a quick calorie intake and it ends up at 2156 and in a day ( according to a treadmill ) i lose roughly 400 - 500 calories. As for ratio between fat / protein / carbs, i have no idea sorry.

layarph
11-15-2012, 05:47 AM
Oh, really sorry. Feel dumb now after reading that post haha. Just did a quick calorie intake and it ends up at 2156 and in a day ( according to a treadmill ) i lose roughly 400 - 500 calories. As for ratio between fat / protein / carbs, i have no idea sorry.

You need to understand nutrition a lot more.

You have to hit your minimum protein and fat macros, and you need to hit your cals also; you can't just eat foods with "healthy" names and hope for the best unfortunately.

Calculate your TDEE, and then your macro and caloric needs here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

You can't just eat certain "healthy" foods and expect to lose weight. How "healthy" a food is has nothing to do with whether you can lose or gain weight off it. 3000 cals of "healthy" foods will get you fatter than 2800 cals of mcdonalds.

Also, have a look at this thread, because I think you're confused about what dictates your body composition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149661773

AlwaysTryin
11-15-2012, 10:16 AM

Huh? You added up your calorie intake but can't tell how many grams of each macro??

layarph
11-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Huh? You added up your calorie intake but can't tell how many grams of each macro??

Remember before we cared about nutrition? The idea of looking at anything other than calories was almost intimating.

I think when people are new to it, they only look at the calories because they don't understand the importance of protein and fats (which even more experienced lifters disregard or misunderstand the importance of) to body composition.