PDA

View Full Version : change in my diet to make life easier???

PPLL
11-14-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm thinkin of making some changes in my diet to make life a little easier. I have 2 small children and cooking for 2 hours every night is a real task. I'm very strict with my diet and don't miss meals but am trying to think of ways to make life a little smoother. What do you guys think? I want to make sure I'm not losing anything by making these changes. help me out..

Here is what I eat now:

Meal 1 8:00am:
3 eggs, 1 cup egg whites, 1 cup yogurt with fruit or 1 cup oatmeal

Meal 2 10:30am:
1.5 chicken breasts (or equivalent), 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup veggies

Meal 3 1:00pm:

Meal 4 3:30pm:

Meal 5 6:00pm:

Meal 6 8:30pm:
2 egg sandwiches or yogurt with fruit and toast.

Here is what Im thinking about doing:

Meal 1 8:00am:
3 eggs, 1 cup egg whites, 1 cup yogurt with fruit

Meal 2 10:30am:
1 scoop protein, 1 cup of oats

Meal 3 1:00pm:

Meal 4 3:30pm:
Can tuna, 1 sweet potato

Meal 5 6:00pm:
1 scoop protein + 1 scoop carbs or 1 cup oats

Meal 6 8:30pm:

The last 2 meals times would switch depending on if I work out at night or in the morning.

WonderPug
11-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Why don't you simply eat three meals per day, for example, rather than six? After all, meal timing and frequency are largely irrelevant in terms of their direct impact on bodyweight and composition.

Also, your diet looks astonishingly deficient in dietary fat and it contains a potentially unhealthy amount of tuna.

chameleonism
11-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Wow, that is one brorific diet. You do not to eat that many times per day. Meal timing is mostly a function of preference. As long as you are meeting your macro/micro needs at the end of the day, everything will work out.

Check out the stickies in this section for more information.

Also, one can of tuna per day would put you past the RDA for mercury. Your dietary fat may be too low but its hard to say b/c I dont know whats in the egg sandwiches, yogurt, or how you prepare your other meals.

deadenemy
11-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Wow, that is one brorific diet.

Lol at this.

Dujin77
11-14-2012, 09:21 AM
It would make your life easier to simply eat less often. the whole six meals a day thing is a myth.

Also I suggest you read the stickies to get a better understanding of proper nutrition.