PDA

View Full Version : Non biased answers wanted about Alabama...

AlwayzBulkin
11-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Is it still possible for #4 Alabama to play in the national championship? What happened against Texas A&M?

dougefresh93
11-13-2012, 10:32 AM
yes, they lost.

Backus21
11-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Yes it is. Idc what people are saying, if Bama wins out and beats Georgia (or UF if they win the SEC East) in the SEC championship game, I think they will jump teams. Will it rustle a lot of jimmies? Yes but its the SEC and the human elements to deciding the BCS will favor the SEC champion over an undefeated team from the Pac12, Big12, or Independent.

BullStampede
11-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Yes it is. Idc what people are saying, if Bama wins out and beats Georgia (or UF if they win the SEC East) in the SEC championship game, I think they will jump teams. Will it rustle a lot of jimmies? Yes but its the SEC and the human elements to deciding the BCS will favor the SEC champion over an undefeated team from the Pac12, Big12, or Independent.

Georgia already won the SEC East.

Sorry but I just dont see them jumping an undefeated KSU or Oregon. ND maybe, but only because they are #3. Oregon has to play the conference championship game. That gives them 13 wins. They will be #1 or #2 no matter what imo. KSU is #1 right now, which is why I think they wont drop to Bama. They dont have to play in a conference championship game, so that is one less quality win as opposed to Oregon. Same goes for ND. A 12-1 Bama/Georgia with one loss to a top10 SEC team can jump a 12-0 KSU or ND due to SOS and the human vote. KSU and ND need to win their last 2 games in very convincing fashion just to keep that human vote.

Regardless, the next 3 weeks will be very interesting in CFB.

monsterBEN
11-13-2012, 10:51 AM

Sorry but I just dont see them jumping an undefeated KSU or Oregon. ND maybe, but only because they are #3. Oregon has to play the conference championship game. That gives them 13 wins. They will be #1 or #2 no matter what imo. KSU is #1 right now, which is why I think they wont drop to Bama. They dont have to play in a conference championship game, so that is one less quality win as opposed to Oregon. Same goes for ND. A 12-1 Bama/Georgia with one loss to a top10 SEC team can jump a 12-0 KSU or ND due to SOS and the human vote. KSU and ND need to win their last 2 games in very convincing fashion just to keep that human vote.

Agree with everything here.

As for the game. Alabamas secondary is not as good as everyone thought. It's shocking to say but they were also out coached. The whole substitution thing was a debacle. They're also struggling on 3rd down on both sides of the ball.

Backus21
11-13-2012, 10:56 AM

Your argument is completely fine and I agree with it. I do not support a 12-1 SEC champion jumping 2 undefeated teams (potentially). But looking at it from a business standpoint, the human element will want the SEC in the championship from recent history and tv ratings. The whole South would want to boycott the National Title if the SEC gets snubbed from the game. KSU not playing in a conference championship hurts them, and Oregon will be playing USC or UCLA which are outside the top 15.

Again I do agree with you and I believe the game should be between two of the three unbeaten teams (if they stay that way). I just cant see the voters not putting an SEC team in the game when the whole nation slobs on the SEC's dick. I do hope you are right though brah

BullStampede
11-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Your argument is completely fine and I agree with it. I do not support a 12-1 SEC champion jumping 2 undefeated teams (potentially). But looking at it from a business standpoint, the human element will want the SEC in the championship from recent history and tv ratings. The whole South would want to boycott the National Title if the SEC gets snubbed from the game. KSU not playing in a conference championship hurts them, and Oregon will be playing USC or UCLA which are outside the top 15.

Again I do agree with you and I believe the game should be between two of the three unbeaten teams (if they stay that way). I just cant see the voters not putting an SEC team in the game when the whole nation slobs on the SEC's dick. I do hope you are right though brah

Believe me, I want to see a non-SEC matchup more than anything. I dont hate the SEC or anything, I just like changing things up. Not a fan of teams or conferences(other than my own of course) owning for long periods of time.

If the NCAA wants ratings, they will vote ND in the NCG. That will bring in more people than anything else. I dont support an SEC team jumping any of the top 3 right now either, Im just saying I wouldnt be surprised if the human vote influenced it that way.

scotyg
11-13-2012, 11:34 AM
if the top 4 win out, the only way ND or Alabama get in the NC game is if the human voters cook the books

even though KSU doesn't have that 13th game, we still play a likely top 15 Texas team on the same weekend as the conference champ games. That is very important since voters focus so much on what happened in the last weekend

roadtrippin
11-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Yes it is. Idc what people are saying, if Bama wins out and beats Georgia (or UF if they win the SEC East) in the SEC championship game, I think they will jump teams. Will it rustle a lot of jimmies? Yes but its the SEC and the human elements to deciding the BCS will favor the SEC champion over an undefeated team from the Pac12, Big12, or Independent.sry, a one loss SEC team isn't going to jump 3 undefeated fcking teams.

goddamn are you retarded?

scotyg
11-13-2012, 11:47 AM
sry, a one loss SEC team isn't going to jump 3 undefeated fcking teams.

goddamn are you retarded?

the fact that he doesn't know UGA already clinched the East answers your question