PDA

View Full Version : Texas might swing to the left in future elections

Procrustes
11-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Second largest electoral votes after CA

Non-Hispanic Whites composed 45.3%.

Minorities are growing fast: Hispanics, Asians, Blacks

Do the math.

CA 55 + TX 38 + NY 29 + IL 20 + FL 29 (Latino stronghold states)

Dem control of White House for generations.

reelop19
11-07-2012, 02:24 PM
You sir have just summarized up why even the Republicans move left. Minorities have been made a culture dependents. Now that its, "whoever gives me the most gets my vote," every politician will be posturing to take those votes. Its a very sad day we live in when during a single lifetime I can watch the worlds only hope sink with everybody else.

JUSA
11-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Can't wait. Then, when some libtard jackass buffoon posts an IQ of red/blue states, Texas will jump from 75 to 115. Think how much smarter we will all be

PzMyers
11-07-2012, 02:26 PM
I want to believe.

Any explanation why texas is deep red despite a stronghold for latino's ?

TommyStarwind
11-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Didn't Bush get a huge latino push?

Rexy
11-07-2012, 02:27 PM
strong racism assuming that Latinos will vote democrat no matter what.

Renegade83
11-07-2012, 02:28 PM
You sir have just summarized up why even the Republicans move left. Minorities have been made a culture dependents. Now that its, "whoever gives me the most gets my vote," every politician will be posturing to take those votes. Its a very sad day we live in when during a single lifetime I can watch the worlds only hope sink with everybody else.

Yes, because every minority is a welfare leech. Go **** yourself.

Procrustes
11-07-2012, 02:35 PM
its, "whoever gives me the most gets my vote," every politician will be posturing to take those votes.

Was this ever different?

Procrustes
11-07-2012, 02:37 PM

Once a habit forms, its tough to alter.

waytoodeep03
11-07-2012, 02:38 PM
I want to believe.

Dallas, Houston, Austin , San Antonio , West Texas and the Mexico Border are blue and Obama won those cites. Its the suburbs and exburbs and farmland where this rich man stay that are republican

TheBiG_Z
11-07-2012, 02:40 PM

True, Latino here. I didnt vote democrat.

PzMyers
11-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Dallas, Houston, Austin , San Antonio , West Texas and the Mexico Border are blue and Obama won those cites. Its the suburbs and exburbs and farmland where this rich man stay that are republican

But are there enough people in these suburbs and exburbs to counteract the blue vote ? (well obviously it's a yes, but its shocking)

PzMyers
11-07-2012, 02:42 PM

Why do you vote against your interest ?

badbart
11-07-2012, 02:44 PM
I want to believe.

Maybe no legal voters.

badbart
11-07-2012, 02:48 PM

Thank God, I think the counting the Latino vote as always being democrat is a mistake. Bush got 45% Latino vote.

ZenBowman
11-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Latinos won't always vote Dem OP.

Once the GOP stops alienating and being hostile to Latinos I reckon a lot of them will find common ground with the Republican Party.

Procrustes
11-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Latinos won't always vote Dem OP.

Once the GOP stops alienating and being hostile to Latinos I reckon a lot of them will find common ground with the Republican Party.

But exact moment GOP does that it'll lose its base of angry white men. Lose-Lose.

Jesse_l_g
11-07-2012, 02:52 PM
But exact moment GOP does that it'll lose its base of angry white men. Lose-Lose.

Not if they are dead and younger less bigoted people take their place.

ZenBowman
11-07-2012, 02:52 PM

Angry white men will not vote Dem any time soon.

Like I said, GOP will come around and start treating the reactionaries like filth, in the same way Dems treat the Occupy folks.

Procrustes
11-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Angry white men will not vote Dem any time soon.

Like I said, GOP will come around and start treating the reactionaries like filth, in the same way Dems treat the Occupy folks.

The grave GOP dug for themselves in front of Latinos is deep. GOP can only fill this grave by digging another one for themselves in front of teaparty/neocons/religious nuts.

Will be fun to watch.

Procrustes
11-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Not if they are dead and younger less bigoted people take their place.

Yes forward looking, innovative young GOP might end up saving the party.

The_Zodiac
11-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Not so fast. I think the GOP might reform itself here and in doing so could start appealing to more minorities and women.

Mulyark
11-07-2012, 03:01 PM
OP must be smokin crack again...

AlphaAlbert
11-07-2012, 03:06 PM
cliffs: stop illegal immigration

Binders
11-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Georgia will also swing to the left.

Georgia had the second fastest growing Asian population growth in the U.S. from 1990 to 2000, more than doubling in size during the ten-year period.[32] In addition, according to census estimates, Georgia ranks third among the states in terms of the percent of the total population that is African American (after Mississippi and Louisiana) and third in numerical Black population after New York and Florida. Georgia was the state with the largest numerical increase in the black population from 2006 to 2007 with 84,000.

Georgia is the state with the third-lowest percentage of older people (65 or older), at 10.1 percent

30.5% Black or African American and growing rapidly

9% Hispanic and growing rapidly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(U.S._state)#Race.2C_language_and_age

Mulyark
11-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Black vote will decline in future elections.

Procrustes
11-07-2012, 03:13 PM
cliffs: stop illegal immigration

FYI, Obama deported more illegals than Bush by monthly average.

Even then Latino growth is strong.

JUSA
11-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Didn't Bush get a huge latino push? About 40% voted for him, which is huge. I don't know off hand but I'm guessing Romney got less than half of that or somewhere in that ballpark.

IMO, Romney ****ed up. He should have sought the Latino vote and didn't. They almost begrudgingly vote for Obama/Democrats, simply b/c the GOP Party line is, "We HATE 'em! Took er jerbs!". The Hispanic news weren't very happy with Obama, he sold them a lot of empty promises in 2008 that they didn't forget about. It's like all Obama needed to do was go out there and say, "At least I'm not one of those guys!" and that sewed up their vote nice and tiddy.

Meanwhile, the GOP seems almost desperate to cling onto these social values, but won't seek out socially conservative Hispanics. Here you have a hard-working, family values, largely Religious group of people. Why the **** wouldn't you throw them a ****ing bone or two to get them to vote for you? It's not even that, they won't even stop throwing stones at them. It's like they go out of their way to keep them from voting their way. Very odd behavior.

ZenBowman
11-08-2012, 08:44 AM
About 40% voted for him, which is huge. I don't know off hand but I'm guessing Romney got less than half of that or somewhere in that ballpark.

IMO, Romney ****ed up. He should have sought the Latino vote and didn't. They almost begrudgingly vote for Obama/Democrats, simply b/c the GOP Party line is, "We HATE 'em! Took er jerbs!". The Hispanic news weren't very happy with Obama, he sold them a lot of empty promises in 2008 that they didn't forget about. It's like all Obama needed to do was go out there and say, "At least I'm not one of those guys!" and that sewed up their vote nice and tiddy.

Meanwhile, the GOP seems almost desperate to cling onto these social values, but won't seek out socially conservative Hispanics. Here you have a hard-working, family values, largely Religious group of people. Why the **** wouldn't you throw them a ****ing bone or two to get them to vote for you? It's not even that, they won't even stop throwing stones at them. It's like they go out of their way to keep them from voting their way. Very odd behavior.

They are pandering to nativists who would vote for them anyway, instead of going after undecided Hispanics. Makes no sense.

socrates07
11-08-2012, 08:44 AM
yup i can't wait to be more latino so we can be prosperous like all those other latino countries... wait

Even the greatest of those countries, Brazil, is made up of slums.

anonymousceleb
11-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Second largest electoral votes after CA

Non-Hispanic Whites composed 45.3%.

Minorities are growing fast: Hispanics, Asians, Blacks

Do the math.

CA 55 + TX 38 + NY 29 + IL 20 + FL 29 (Latino stronghold states)

Dem control of White House for generations.

Glad I don't live in Texas.

MrRIP
11-08-2012, 08:48 AM
I want to believe....

Won't happen. Republicans will buckle to the electorate. They banked on the white vote this year and lost. Expect pandering to Latinos in the next decade. Fckn mittens v2016 will probably come out to merengue and salsa in TX, FL and PR (potential 51st state). These phaggots have no shame

jaybeedee
11-08-2012, 08:48 AM
About 40% voted for him, which is huge. I don't know off hand but I'm guessing Romney got less than half of that or somewhere in that ballpark.

It's basically the same story with Asians. Asians being generally socially conservative, hardworking, family values. Maybe not so much religious, but the general idea is there. And yet they voted more Democrat than Republican. It's not even that Republicans are trying to cling onto social values, it's just that the party comes across as being ass-backwards socially. The GOP needs to toss out the Tea Party morons, if they want to have a chance at the next election.

anonymousceleb
11-08-2012, 08:52 AM
I want to believe....

Won't happen. Republicans will buckle to the electorate. They banked on the white vote this year and lost. Expect pandering to Latinos in the next decade. Fckn mittens v2016 will probably come out to merengue and salsa in TX, FL and PR (potential 51st state). These phaggots have no shame

Nah, they just need a true social liberal. Minorities hate white people and they are social conservatives, albeit fiscal liberals, and trying to appeal to them logically isn't going to work. However a charismatic social liberal/fiscal conservative is going to lock down the white vote enough to win and make people less interested or able to keep coming here and turning the country into the third world's latrine.

BoneSkinny
11-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Demographics are shifting toward a liberal future. It's undeniable that unless GOP starts extreme pandering to minorities, it will lose everything in the coming decades (based on current racial voting trends).

However, the GOP has most money from outside interest groups thanks to Super PACs -- which can have HUGE effects on smaller government elections.

So, the questions are 1) Can they change their rhetoric without losing their religious/white vote and 2) Are their deep pockets enough to sustain them in the coming elections?

Darknightbegins
11-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Latinos are a swing vote. Bush got a good percentage, Susana Martinez is a VERY conservative Hispanic woman (no driver's ID for illegals, one example) and is the govenor of NM, a state that voted for bush in 04 and Obama in 08 and 12.

So I wouldn't say Latinos are hooked into the Democratic party they way say, blacks are. But Republicans can continue to push them into that party and if they do, Republicans cease to be a national party of significance. Republicans lost the black vote and aren't ever getting it back, they still have a shot with Latino and Asian, groups that should naturally drift toward Republicans. Especially Asians, high education, high income, tend to be fiscally conservative, most are pretty tight with money (no racist).

Rockchalk0420
11-08-2012, 09:22 AM
I think if Marco Rubio were to run for POTUS; he would lock up 50+% of the Hispanic vote. There is no doubt that the Republican party needs to reform itself. The funny thing is, they were talking about this after the 2008 election. Four years later, and its still much of the same...

anonymousceleb
11-08-2012, 09:53 AM
I think if Marco Rubio were to run for POTUS; he would lock up 50+% of the Hispanic vote. There is no doubt that the Republican party needs to reform itself. The funny thing is, they were talking about this after the 2008 election. Four years later, and its still much of the same...

Not necessarily. Hispanics/Latinos aren't a a race and don't vote like one. Yes, you can call him Hispanic, but he's essentially a white guy, just like the Central and South Americans you see on TV that usually don't leave their countries. Our immigrant caste isn't like them or Rubio. He's also Cuban and Cubans are pretty conservative already up to a point. Thing is, he can do speeches in Spanish and all that, but it's like saying someone from the UK, Canada or Australia is going to like any native English speaker who is running for POTUS.

Rockchalk0420
11-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Not necessarily. Hispanics/Latinos aren't a a race and don't vote like one. Yes, you can call him Hispanic, but he's essentially a white guy, just like the Central and South Americans you see on TV that usually don't leave their countries. Our immigrant caste isn't like them or Rubio. He's also Cuban and Cubans are pretty conservative already up to a point. Thing is, he can do speeches in Spanish and all that, but it's like saying someone from the UK, Canada or Australia is going to like any native English speaker who is running for POTUS.

I think Rubio is someone Hispanics can relate to. Also, Hispanics in general tend to lean more conservatively politically speaking. So it is not as obtuse as you might think it is. Clearly someone who can speak Spanish fluently in a nation where that demographic is growing by leaps and bounds, is another big plus. .002

AcesUp23
11-08-2012, 11:15 AM

Hard working religious and free market ppl I concur... It's a natural fit.. Not sure why the party turned on them like that (possibly tea party folks pushed them in that direction) Bush was def more Latino friendly from what I remember.

I also heard of a lot of whispers of Latinos being pretty pissed at the party for putting up the token L in Rubio from Florida and the Cruz senator from Texas.

JUSA
11-08-2012, 01:36 PM
They are pandering to nativists who would vote for them anyway, instead of going after undecided Hispanics. Makes no sense. Nope. And, as I recall, back in 2008 people were saying pretty much the same **** as they are now about how the GOP needed to reach out. Instead, they turtled up and got their ass kicked twice in a row, which is a nice silver-lining to this whole thing. The GOP as it stands today deserves to lose and have it's ass kicked.

JUSA
11-08-2012, 01:38 PM
However, the GOP has most money from outside interest groups thanks to Super PACs -- which can have HUGE effects on smaller government elections. Please name the last Presidential election where the GOP outspent the Democrats. I'd love to hear you back up your opinion with facts, but I won't hold my breath.

Darkwatcher759
11-08-2012, 01:46 PM
I think it is obvious that race is an unfair advantage in an election. both parties should be required to pick a candidate of the same race, and the race should alternate.

2016 - asian, pacific islander
2020 - hispanic, non-white
2024 - kalahari bushman

Trapstar4.4
11-08-2012, 01:50 PM
I want to believe....

iLold. i guaranDAMNtee that somebody is going to come out with the fact that they have been taking salsa classes, as their new hobby. citing that they have always wanted to learn. it makes me giggle

anonymousceleb
11-08-2012, 05:12 PM
I think Rubio is someone Hispanics can relate to. Also, Hispanics in general tend to lean more conservatively politically speaking. So it is not as obtuse as you might think it is. Clearly someone who can speak Spanish fluently in a nation where that demographic is growing by leaps and bounds, is another big plus. .002

He might, but if they relate to him, that might hurt him with other demographics too. I doubt he'd be so favored if he was something other than Cuban. Who knows? I think he's a viable candidate either way, but not necessarily a game changer. I still think there's a divide between Cubans and most other immigrants from Latin America. As a group, they pretty much formally rejected Cuba for political reasons so they are here to be American not just because they're looking for yobs and would rather be back home. Different kind of views on immigration.