PDA

View Full Version : Is Vicks career over?

waytoodeep03
11-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Sad to say but this guy just doesnt have it anymore. No more speed, juke moves, He still has spiral on the ball but the accuracy is terrible. What is is he good for anymore as the eagles qb?

dRose37
11-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Sad to say but this guy just doesnt have it anymore. No more speed, juke moves, He still has spiral on the ball but the accuracy is terrible. What is is he good for anymore as the eagles qb?

Lol, Vick certainly still has his speed. And its tough to throw the ball when your o-line is literally scrub phaggots. Just saiyin'

Bears fan feeling your feels philly fans

TTexasTT
11-05-2012, 08:34 PM
You forgot the part about him having no blocking either.

Impurityz
11-05-2012, 08:35 PM
lol.... of course people will blame the lose on vick
not celek who caused two turnovers
not the o-line
not the defense

but vick...

kk put foles back there, lets try to get the sack record

gotrice33
11-05-2012, 08:43 PM
lol vick is still an elite player as said by steve young himself. i still believe this. he can't do this by himself.

waytoodeep03
11-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Yes the OLINE is terrible however on other plays where the oline does manage to block, Vick doesnt make good decisions. A qb is supposed to know when a blitz is coming. That means get rid of the ball ASAP. Vick holds onto the ball way too long trying to make a play.

Last night wasnt his fault however alot of the eagles faults are because he doesnt know how to be a qb

BullStampede
11-06-2012, 06:40 AM
lol.... of course people will blame the lose on vick
not celek who caused two turnovers
not the o-line
not the defense

but vick...

kk put foles back there, lets try to get the sack record

this. wtf is Vick supposed to do when you have 2 extremely large DL pounding your ass literally 2 seconds after the snap? He gets blindsided every other snap how can he not fumble it? I turned the game off after the first but I remember seeing the Saints got 3 sacks on three straight plays. wtf is that ****?

RogerSterling
11-06-2012, 06:52 AM
eagles fans now understanding why bears fans have defended cutler the past 4 years

TranceOfPeace
11-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Trade him to SF. Watch what Harbaugh does with Vick. Goodnight sweet NFL.

PINGi20
11-06-2012, 07:36 AM
i'm no football expert, nor do i like vick very much, but it looked to me like his offensive line sucks ass

businesslawbrah
11-06-2012, 07:40 AM
You forgot the part about him having no blocking either.

Same can be said for Romo. They expect Tony to be amazing and accurate when he has multiple defenders penetrating his raw angus

phillyfreak7
11-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Sad to say but this guy just doesnt have it anymore. No more speed, juke moves, He still has spiral on the ball but the accuracy is terrible. What is is he good for anymore as the eagles qb?lol

Have you even watched a game? Completely wrong analysis of Vick.

ajn
11-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Yes the OLINE is terrible however on other plays where the oline does manage to block, Vick doesnt make good decisions. A qb is supposed to know when a blitz is coming. That means get rid of the ball ASAP. Vick holds onto the ball way too long trying to make a play.

Last night wasnt his fault however alot of the eagles faults are because he doesnt know how to be a qb
can't expect a qb to be effective when they're constantly paranoid about getting sacked. i agree that as a qb his decision making could be better, but he wouldn't look nearly this bad if he had a proper o-line.

regGQ
11-06-2012, 08:03 AM
I think we draft a guard in the first round and cut Watkins loose.

Roster will remain mostly unchanged Vick will stick around but Reid is as good as gone if this team doesn't win a playoff game

Maybe the only people who keep their jobs on the staff is Howard Mudd assuming he still wants to coach. Bowles, Marty and Washburn are gone too.

ShweezyBTFO
11-06-2012, 08:06 AM

IDK, I think after the first series where he got DEMOLISHED he finally wisened up and started handing the rock off to shady, who then gashed the saints for a couple of huge runs. Can't say he didn't adjust.

peteyyytran
11-06-2012, 08:29 AM
brb, barely having 1.5 seconds in the pocket to do anything.

SpiritFighter
11-06-2012, 08:40 AM
His decision making isnt even that bad, its hard to progress through your reads when you are being planted/running for your life before you even complete your drop back.

All the heat that is on vick should be on the offensive line coach. But of course, most watch the ignoramuses at sportscenter.

SpermWhale
11-06-2012, 08:40 AM
his career isn't over, but it may be over here after this year.

Clide Whit
11-06-2012, 08:42 AM
He will easily find a team next year, would lol if he ended up on the Jets

Sjas
11-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Blame the offensive line? Colts have a crappy oline too, but Andrew Luck seems to be doing just fine. He rolls out, moves around with very little time to do so. Why can't Vick play and throw the ball like him? They both have really bad olines. And Luck's playing with a lot of rookies too? Why can't Vick perform like Luck?

x-trainer ben
11-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Living in the DC area and watching what happens to QB's over the last decade that have no O line, you really cant tell. He looks like he is running for his life, i'll report back after the game on the 18th, i am going to.

theACEofSPADES
11-06-2012, 08:46 AM
No QB in this league can operate with the o line we have right now. Putting all the offensive woes on Vick is retarded, you all do it just because you don't like him and you're narrow minded. Is Vick the best passing QB? No. Playing at a high level? No. Does he call plays? No.

He does get a fraction of the blame but defiantly not 100%, not even close. When almost your entire offensive line is out and you're starting second and third stringers in positions they're unfamiliar along with picking guys up off the street, how can you expect a QB to perform behind that shiit? Vick can't even finish his drop backs before mother fukers are in his face, and on top of that you want him replaced with a rookie?

GetBigyo
11-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Blame the offensive line? Colts have a crappy oline too, but Andrew Luck seems to be doing just fine. He rolls out, moves around with very little time to do so. Why can't Vick play and throw the ball like him? They both have really bad olines. And Luck's playing with a lot of rookies too? Why can't Vick perform like Luck?
This.

But let the Eagles fans make excuses. They say the line sucks as if Vick would actually be a good pocket passer if he had a good line. He's just not smart enough to read defenses and make good decisions like a Luck who as a rookie is winning games with a pathetic line and rushing game.

Masstastic
11-06-2012, 08:51 AM
No.

Vick is likely going to play until he is 39 or 40, so thats another 8 more seasons.

Can't get hurt holding a clipboard nomsayin.

But thats mainly because he actually has the humbleness/lack of ego (due to prison) to accept being a backup who pushes for a starting job every day in practice, much like another former starter who fizzled out in Mark Brunnell. He carved out a backup QB job for maybe 8 more years after he got benched.

Masstastic
11-06-2012, 08:57 AM
This.

But let the Eagles fans make excuses. They say the line sucks as if Vick would actually be a good pocket passer if he had a good line. He's just not smart enough to read defenses and make good decisions like a Luck who as a rookie is winning games with a pathetic line and rushing game.

That same statement can be said about Eli Manning as well.

I mean thats if you really want to go there.

But I'm not on the Andrew Luck/RGIII bandwagons so I really dont have any reason to start making comparisons for a guy who has a sample size of maybe 7 games now vs proven starters for at least 7 seasons.

gsxtreme1987
11-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Texans are gonna need Vick .. after bears are done with Schaub this week.

bn7
11-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Lol, Vick certainly still has his speed. And its tough to throw the ball when your o-line is literally scrub phaggots. Just saiyin'

Bears fan feeling your feels philly fansEh he's lost quite a bit of speed, before this year I can't remember him ever getting run down from behind by defensive ends. He's still faster than 90% of quarterbacks, but he doesn't have that elite breakaway speed anymore.

I get blaming the pathetic offensive line for some of it, but at the same point teams load up showing they're bringing 7 men at the 5 man line with nobody in the backfield. Rather than reading this and making adjustments he still goes with the same **** plays and stands in the pocket to get destroyed. It's not hard to see some of these blitzes and check out of the play. Try that on Brees, Manning, Brady etc and they'll tear you apart.

Masstastic
11-06-2012, 09:05 AM
No QB in this league can operate with the o line we have right now. Putting all the offensive woes on Vick is retarded, you all do it just because you don't like him and you're narrow minded. Is Vick the best passing QB? No. Playing at a high level? No. Does he call plays? No.

He does get a fraction of the blame but defiantly not 100%, not even close. When almost your entire offensive line is out and you're starting second and third stringers in positions they're unfamiliar along with picking guys up off the street, how can you expect a QB to perform behind that shiit? Vick can't even finish his drop backs before mother fukers are in his face, and on top of that you want him replaced with a rookie?

What happened to Vick making adjustments with the O-Line's protection?

I remember he was doing it last season, but last night it seemed like he knows a blitz is coming and just is peppering his angus for it.

I had made a thread almost 3 weeks ago wondering why it seemed like he(+ Tony Romo) was so rattled.

Masstastic
11-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Eh he's lost quite a bit of speed, before this year I can't remember him ever getting run down from behind by defensive ends. He's still faster than 90% of quarterbacks, but he doesn't have that elite breakaway speed anymore.

I have not seen him try to cut upfield 1 time this season on any run, something he used to do quite frequently.

You dont need breakaway speed when you're running full speed to the sideline trying to avoid any hit.

In the open field I'd take Vick outrunning over 90% of DB's in the league right now, let alone LB's or D-Linemen.

I get blaming the pathetic offensive line for some of it, but at the same point teams load up showing they're bringing 7 men at the 5 man line with nobody in the backfield. Rather than reading this and making adjustments he still goes with the same **** plays and stands in the pocket to get destroyed. It's not hard to see some of these blitzes and check out of the play. Try that on Brees, Manning, Brady etc and they'll tear you apart.

This.

But who is calling the plays and does he have total control over the offense like Brees, Manning, & Brady have?

He's out there looking like he is a backup QB unfamiliar with the playbook or his teammates.

jkeithc82
11-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Texans are gonna need Vick .. after bears are done with Schaub this week.

The opposite could also be said. Watt is coming for you Cutler. :D

NoS_oUtLaSt
11-06-2012, 09:37 AM
lol

Have you even watched a game? Completely wrong analysis of Vick.

I'll agree with the speed and moves but you can't be serious about thinking he's accurate. Throwing under 60% and even when he has hit a receiver its rarely been in stride.

phillyfreak7
11-06-2012, 10:46 AM
I'll agree with the speed and moves but you can't be serious about thinking he's accurate. Throwing under 60% and even when he has hit a receiver its rarely been in stride.He actually does make a lot of very nice throws. The problem is though he is getting hit or making a dumbass throw way too often.

gsxtreme1987
11-06-2012, 11:17 AM
The opposite could also be said. Watt is coming for you Cutler. :D

We dont need cutler anyway. Briggs, tillman and urlacher score more TDs than him.

roadtrippin
11-06-2012, 12:09 PM
lol @ mass bringing up eli

fcking noob

orderoutofchaos
11-06-2012, 12:15 PM
dude sucks, when was the last time he did shyt? 2002?

I OuTsiDeR I
11-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Vick was never a good passer and he won't ever be one. He had that one break out year when he came back and thats it. He was always in the low 50's for completion percentage.

I think Steve YOung hit it on the nail with the problem. He has been trying so hard to get better watching film studying, that its like he is thinking too much and not playing off instinct.

Yes his O line sucks, but at the same time he also holds the ball way too long even if they block well. He cannot adjust protection like the other elite quarterbacks. His reads are horrible IMO, especially when he gets blitzed. He is the worst red zone quarter back because all teams have to do is blitz and he will usually make a mistake especially with Philly play calling.

He needs to stop trying to be molded into a pocket passer because he isn't one. He needs to go back to playing off instincts. They need to make running a priority and not rely on Vicks passing to win. Then they can play action, bootleg or whatever the hell after.

He was and still is one of my favorite players, he needs to go back to his old self, because he is trying to pretend to be a pocket passer but still has the same passing ability as he had in Atlanta, he hasn't fooled me.

WRXbrah
11-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Vick will hopefully go to a team where they dont blame all their offensive, defensive and coaching problems on him. I love my boy Smitty but Id trade him for Vick in a heartbeat. I wish the Raiders or Niners would've picked him up when he came out of jail for that sweet 1m a year deal. So much potential lost in Philly.

Masstastic
11-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Vick was never a good passer and he won't ever be one. He had that one break out year when he came back and thats it. He was always in the low 50's for completion percentage.

I think Steve YOung hit it on the nail with the problem. He has been trying so hard to get better watching film studying, that its like he is thinking too much and not playing off instinct.

Yes his O line sucks, but at the same time he also holds the ball way too long even if they block well. He cannot adjust protection like the other elite quarterbacks. His reads are horrible IMO, especially when he gets blitzed. He is the worst red zone quarter back because all teams have to do is blitz and he will usually make a mistake especially with Philly play calling.

He needs to stop trying to be molded into a pocket passer because he isn't one. He needs to go back to playing off instincts. They need to make running a priority and not rely on Vicks passing to win. Then they can play action, bootleg or whatever the hell after.

He was and still is one of my favorite players, he needs to go back to his old self, because he is trying to pretend to be a pocket passer but still has the same passing ability as he had in Atlanta, he hasn't fooled me.

Vick still makes plays off of instincts, but physically he just can't do it every play anymore.

He's still one of the best playmakers in the league and he hurts himself & the team at times when he tries to do too much.

I just dont think Vick can devolve back into that kind of player he was in Atlanta nor would any coach put him in the position to do so.

Masstastic
11-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Vick will hopefully go to a team where they dont blame all their offensive, defensive and coaching problems on him. I love my boy Smitty but Id trade him for Vick in a heartbeat. I wish the Raiders or Niners would've picked him up when he came out of jail for that sweet 1m a year deal. So much potential lost in Philly.

Wherever he goes, it will be his fault for the problems of the team as a starter.

Winning literally cures all "problems".

hundieMachine
11-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Dude is too small to have the offensive line of a D15 football program. Give him a quality o-line and a lot of this thread wouldn't exist.

cbad7676
11-06-2012, 05:37 PM
jason peters injury was devastating.

during that entire game their O-line looked like a highschool team

I OuTsiDeR I
11-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Vick still makes plays off of instincts, but physically he just can't do it every play anymore.

He's still one of the best playmakers in the league and he hurts himself & the team at times when he tries to do too much.

I just dont think Vick can devolve back into that kind of player he was in Atlanta nor would any coach put him in the position to do so. He may not be as fast as he used to be but he is still faster than 99.9% of the qb's in the league.

He doesn't have to go back to how he was in Atlanta but he needs to stop trying to be a traditional pocket passer at the same time. His reads and qb awareness has never been great, and I can agree he does try to do too much at times.

Again this teams isn't suffering just because of him, that O line sucks bad. He doesn't have good qb awareness to operate without a good O line so you need to call plays to get him on the move or add extra protection. The season is a bust because everyone is doing a horrible job. Vick needs to use his legs more, may not be for 70 yd scrambles but just to extend plays or to take off. His strength was never to make reads and go through his progressions. Everyone knows the trick to beating him is blitzing because he can never make the right read.

roadtrippin
11-06-2012, 07:42 PM
this is what happens when you try to build/buy a team from the outside-in. everything goes wrong. building a team from the inside-out clearly works better and its been proven by the pats, steelers, colts (1998-2011), giants, etc.

NFL isn't like the MLB where you can buy talent and win. you have to build. apparently, a ton of teams don't realize that.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2i8fxow.jpg