PDA

View Full Version : Do you like players talking s--t during games?

chlaxman
11-05-2012, 05:46 PM
I've always been a fan of players talking s--t during games, especially in the NBA. I think it takes away from the game when it isn't allowed. I also think most Sports Miscers are totally against it (seems like it for the most part).

So, what say you?

NoS_oUtLaSt
11-05-2012, 05:50 PM
think its pointless. Nobody made it into the pros being weak minded enough to where trash talk will intimidate them and if they are then they are out of the league quick.

Otaman
11-05-2012, 05:52 PM
I like it, although it kinda looks stupid when a scrub is talking shiit to a star

but it gets everyone fired up

chlaxman
11-05-2012, 05:52 PM
think its pointless. Nobody made it into the pros being weak minded enough to where trash talk will intimidate them and if they are then they are out of the league quick.

Jordan was notorious for breaking guys (Drexler especially) with his trash talk.

While I was pissed about losing, I liked seeing Matt Ryan yelling "Not on my ****ing field" after the Panthers game.Stuff like that just makes the game more human to me.

chlaxman
11-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I like it, although it kinda looks stupid when a scrub is talking shiit to a star

but it gets everyone fired up

And I want to see the star come back and phuck that guy up and talk **** back. Granted it can easily go too far but the NBA and NFL have pushed back way too far IMO.

NoS_oUtLaSt
11-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Jordan was notorious for breaking guys (Drexler especially) with his trash talk.

While I was pissed about losing, I liked seeing Matt Ryan yelling "Not on my ****ing field" after the Panthers game.Stuff like that just makes the game more human to me.

I mean yeah I like stuff like what Ryan was doing. Just saying and doing stuff that comes to you naturally during the emotion and adderline of a game I think is awesome.

I was more considering the premeditated unnatural kind of talk. Pretty much thinking what players like Kevin Garnett do

chlaxman
11-05-2012, 05:57 PM
I mean yeah I like stuff like what Ryan was doing. Just saying and doing stuff that comes to you naturally during the emotion and adderline of a game I think is awesome.

I was more considering the premeditated unnatural kind of talk. Pretty much thinking what players like Kevin Garnett do

I agree there.

cor030
11-05-2012, 05:59 PM
it's why Smitty is my favorite athlete of all time

...and why Josh Norman is quickly becoming one of my favorite defensive players.

chlaxman
11-05-2012, 06:01 PM
it's why Smitty is my favorite athlete of all time

...and why Josh Norman is quickly becoming one of my favorite defensive players.

Loved him pointing at the scoreboard with RGIII.

Also love how he's improving and what a great tackler he is. I think he's absolutely gonna be good.

Otaman
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM
And I want to see the star come back and phuck that guy up and talk **** back. Granted it can easily go too far but the NBA and NFL have pushed back way too far IMO.

yeah, it is becoming less and less physical, more family friendly I guess