DeMarcus Cousins
MANU GINOBILI
Tony Parker
TIM DUNCAN
Kyle Lowry
Al Jefferson
Paul Millsap
John Wall

Obviously a whole bunch more.. but holy crap at some of those names.. are you kidding me?

GPx
10-31-2012, 12:47 PM
You sound bitter as fuk brah.

There's been way worse contracts in the league.

jross2021
10-31-2012, 12:52 PM

A 3rd option getting 16M/Year? Sure, Rashard Lewis and Joe Johnson might have worse contracts, but I can't think of many more. At least Melo and Stoudemire have proven they can be the man on the team. And, not bitter.. very happy they don't have this greedy guy on the team. Let the Kevin Martin/Jeremy Lamb era begin. Just think it's funny that an unproven player is getting 16M a year lol. I guess the positive is.. Houston won't even sniff the finals, so they don't have to worry about Harden disappearing there.

kyleTX
10-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Let the Kevin Martin/Jeremy Lamb era begin.

http://savemisc.com/threads/images/3738180455f785eb1c21f555b49a2ad0.gif

GPx
10-31-2012, 12:55 PM
A 3rd option getting 16M/Year? Sure, Rashard Lewis and Joe Johnson might have worse contracts, but I can't think of many more. At least Melo and Stoudemire have proven they can be the man on the team. And, not bitter.. very happy they don't have this greedy guy on the team. Let the Kevin Martin/Jeremy Lamb era begin. Just think it's funny that an unproven player is getting 16M a year lol. I guess the positive is.. Houston won't even sniff the finals, so they don't have to worry about Harden disappearing there.

Teams take risks. Not sure if you've noticed but they just took two other big money risks with Lin and Asik. Harden was the closest to a sure bet they've gotten their hands on in a while.

Cannonsex
10-31-2012, 01:00 PM

If you're the 3rd option but still manage to get 17ppg/4apg then you'll probably be a damn good 1st option. And lmao at your list some of those names seemed like random ass hell. Mike Conley? Aaron Aflalo?? Marcus Thorton??! You seriously think guys like that should be paid more than Harden?

jross2021
10-31-2012, 01:05 PM
If you're the 3rd option but still manage to get 17ppg/4apg then you'll probably be a damn good 1st option. And lmao at your list some of those names seemed like random ass hell. Mike Conley? Aaron Aflalo?? Marcus Thorton??! You seriously think guys like that should be paid more than Harden?

Conley is a starter and a damn good PG. Afflalo is Harden quality. Some I just listed because they're role players **Like Harden**

jross2021
10-31-2012, 01:06 PM

How much does it suck knowing the Rockets send their star to be the Thunder's role player? How much does it suck knowing the Rockets took the Thunder's role player to be their star?

Josh32Selby
10-31-2012, 01:07 PM
5 years/ $80 million ($16M/Year)

Kevin Love
Andre Iguodala
Tyson Chandler
MANU GINOBILI
Tony Parker
Paul Millsap

Players on OP's list that are better than James Harden.

HoustonMiscer
10-31-2012, 01:11 PM
Fuks given equal zero srs. What were rockets gonna do give him what he is worth only to have him leave next year fuk that chit.

HoustonMiscer
10-31-2012, 01:13 PM
How much does it suck knowing the Rockets send their star to be the Thunder's role player? How much does it suck knowing the Rockets took the Thunder's role player to be their star?

Fukin lold at Kevin Martin star

jross2021
10-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Players on OP's list that are better than James Harden.

Tim Duncan doesn't deserve more? And lol @ thinking Harden is better than Russell Westbrook. Do you even basketball? How do you not include LaMarcus Aldridge? Kyrie Irving? (Not sure if he's on rookie contract) Rajon Rondo? Those ones are obvious.. a serious case can be made for at least 50% of the others.

Lugie
10-31-2012, 01:20 PM

http://menace2themedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Rashard-Lewis-In-Heat-Jersey.jpg

Ivan7x
10-31-2012, 01:20 PM
Conley is a starter and a damn good PG. Afflalo is Harden quality. Some I just listed because they're role players **Like Harden**

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

jross2021
10-31-2012, 01:21 PM
Fukin lold at Kevin Martin star

Oh, he wasn't your top player? Maybe I look at star differently, but if the Rockets didn't market him the most, they're pretty stupid. Lowry is a great player, but Martin was obviously the "star" of the team.

Josh32Selby
10-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Tim Duncan doesn't deserve more? And lol @ thinking Harden is better than Russell Westbrook. Do you even basketball? How do you not include LaMarcus Aldridge? Kyrie Irving? (Not sure if he's on rookie contract) Rajon Rondo? Those ones are obvious.. a serious case can be made for at least 50% of the others.
Russell Westbrick is a 2 playing a 1. He does not make his teammates better at all. There is a serious problem when the 3rd best player on the team has the highest usage. Same problem the Lakers have with Kobe or Knicks last year with Carmelo (albeit I wouldn't put Melo anywhere near the top 3 of the knicks).

Harden is one of the most efficient players in the league and has excellent court vision. He can run the point if need be. Put Westbrook on the Rockets and they will not make the playoffs. Put Harden in there and they will be the 8 seed (srs). Same reasoning I use when idiots say Rondo is a top PG in the league. Put him on the Bobcats and they might have won 10 games instead of 7 last year. Put CP3 on that team and they win 25-30 games.

A serious case cannot be made for anyone I excluded.

jross2021
10-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Russell Westbrick is a 2 playing a 1. He does not make his teammates better at all. There is a serious problem when the 3rd best player on the team has the highest usage. Same problem the Lakers have with Kobe or Knicks last year with Carmelo (albeit I wouldn't put Melo anywhere near the top 3 of the knicks).

Harden is one of the most efficient players in the league and has excellent court vision. He can run the point if need be. Put Westbrook on the Rockets and they will not make the playoffs. Put Harden in there and they will be the 8 seed (srs). Same reasoning I use when idiots say Rondo is a top PG in the league. Put him on the Bobcats and they might have won 10 games instead of 7 last year. Put CP3 on that team and they win 25-30 games.

lol. I made a thread the other day about Anderson Varejao being a Point Guard because he had 9 assists.. i'm guessing you think so as well. Can't stand the logic.. if you play point guard, you're a point guard. Rondo is OBVIOUSLY better than Harden. If you don't think so, then you're an idiot, and I can't help you.

Josh32Selby
10-31-2012, 01:33 PM
lol. I made a thread the other day about Anderson Varejao being a Point Guard because he had 9 assists.. i'm guessing you think so as well. Can't stand the logic.. if you play point guard, you're a point guard. Rondo is OBVIOUSLY better than Harden. If you don't think so, then you're an idiot, and I can't help you.
Difference between the two of us is that I watch the games. Varejao yesterday was simply making excellent passes from the post. He reminded me of Pau Gasol out there.

And Rondo is not better than Harden. Rondo is a system PG. Put him on the Bobcats and he will not be good. Put Harden on the Bobcats and they will win 20 games. Lol at Rondo being considered a top PG. Give me a list of top PGs who aren't guarded at the top of the key. What a joke.

jantelo
10-31-2012, 01:33 PM

calm down bro.

jross2021
10-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Difference between the two of us is that I watch the games. Varejao yesterday was simply making excellent passes from the post. He reminded me of Pau Gasol out there.

And Rondo is not better than Harden. Rondo is a system PG. Put him on the Bobcats and he will not be good. Put Harden on the Bobcats and they will win 20 games. Lol at Rondo being considered a top PG. Give me a list of top PGs who aren't guarded at the top of the key. What a joke.

i hate arguing with you because you have IT in your sig.. but... HARDEN is unproven. Generally has the 3rd best defender from the other team on him. What's he going to do when the best defender on the team is guarding him? And lol @ saying The Rockets will be an 8th seed, will bump when they're in 12th place.

jkeithc82
10-31-2012, 01:55 PM

Why are you so mad? The Rockets made the best move they could for their team and it happened to be taking one of your team's key pieces. The Rockets aren't expected to compete for anything anytime soon and they're trying to just build a foundation for the next few years. They aren't at the level the Thunder are but they're trying to make moves in that direction.

What would you rather us do, continue to sit in mediocrity getting the 14th draft pick year after year?

jross2021
10-31-2012, 01:56 PM
Why are you so mad? The Rockets made the best move they could for their team and it happened to be taking one of your team's key pieces. The Rockets aren't expected to compete for anything anytime soon and they're trying to just build a foundation for the next few years. They aren't at the level the Thunder are but they're trying to make moves in that direction.

What would you rather us do, continue to sit in mediocrity getting the 14th draft pick year after year?

Just think it's a bad move to pay a role player $16 million a year. Y u get rid of Kyle Lowry?

jkeithc82
10-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Just think it's a bad move to pay a role player $16 million a year. Y u get rid of Kyle Lowry?

He's a 23 year old role player who's been in the league 3 years. Really? There's no more upside to this guy? He's maxed out his abilities?

I mean, we could sit and wait for the next big superstar to come to Houston, but you know how that's been.

I OuTsiDeR I
10-31-2012, 02:31 PM

There's been way worse contracts in the league. This Joe Johnson, Arenas, Turkolu etc.

Harden is a Ginobili in the making and in his prime EVERYONE would be willing to pay Ginobili a max contract. Just so happened he wasn't greedy and wanted to stay with Parker and Duncan.

@OP IMO he is proven, without him Thunder do not even make it to the finals. Everyone talks about him disappearing in finals (which was true) but they don't get past Spurs without him and he played lights out in that series and made huge plays. I think he adjust easily in a starter role and he will put up good numbers. He is really young and already this good, he has a lot more room to grow. At worst he will be Ginobili, at his best he would be scary. One of the better pick and roll players in this league.

Fuji400
10-31-2012, 02:41 PM
You jelly brah?????

pFpxm0CEgo8

jross2021
10-31-2012, 02:42 PM
You jelly brah?????

pFpxm0CEgo8

will be interesting to watch, i'll give you that. 2 overrated players. I hope it pans out for Harden though.. I still like the guy.. just doing like him $16M much.

lohkee
10-31-2012, 02:57 PM
lol, is this a joke? he's better than 90% of those players.

evansanity
10-31-2012, 03:04 PM
Not a max deal type of guy imo. Huston is Lin's team, rockets fans should hope james harden knows this.

I OuTsiDeR I
10-31-2012, 03:06 PM
I agree with OP that he is probably not worth a Max contract. But When you look at the list you put, beside legit #1 options, there aren't alot to choose from. For a team that doesn't have a lot to look forward to and work with, if you can land someone of his caliber you go for it. Lin's contract is worse than his, especially for Lin's production. You putting them in the same category is just plane wrong IMO at least Harden can really ball.

I OuTsiDeR I
10-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Not a max deal type of guy imo. Huston is Lin's team, rockets fans should hope james harden knows this.You don't give up a lot and pay someone the max, to play second fiddle to Lin, its the other way around.

Hardens team Lin should know his place and rocket fans know it too.

Josh32Selby
10-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Lol at InsaneButtPain11 negging me for saying Westbrook (a.k.a. John Starks v. 2) doesn't make his teammates better. Do you even watch the Thunder? Westbrook doesn't pass the ball to Durant, who is one of the better offensive players in the league the past 10 years. It's amazing what Durant can do with the little amount of ball he sees game after game.

jross2021
10-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Lol at InsaneButtPain11 negging me for saying Westbrook (a.k.a. John Starks v. 2) doesn't make his teammates better. Do you even watch the Thunder? Westbrook doesn't pass the ball to Durant, who is one of the better offensive players in the league the past 10 years. It's amazing what Durant can do with the little amount of ball he sees game after game.

Do you actually watch the games? Durant doesn't try to get open half the time. Brooks and Durant have both stated that they want Westbrook to take more shots and drive to the basket more. He averaged 22 and 8 his (2nd?) year in the league. He can dish, but his team tells him to shoot more. When you have someone as physically gifted as Westbrook, you don't waste it.

gotrice33
10-31-2012, 03:24 PM
wait wat he makes more than russell westbrook? wats going on here

I OuTsiDeR I
10-31-2012, 03:50 PM
Do you actually watch the games? Durant doesn't try to get open half the time. Brooks and Durant have both stated that they want Westbrook to take more shots and drive to the basket more. He averaged 22 and 8 his (2nd?) year in the league. He can dish, but his team tells him to shoot more. When you have someone as physically gifted as Westbrook, you don't waste it. I watch the games and you are partially right.

Durant does let Westbrook and Harden run the offense through them a lot of times, and he needs to demand the ball more. He is not like Kobe fighting in the post and calling for the ball a lot of the time.

You need to stop bringing up stats for Westbrook because just numbers don't tell the whole story. Its his shot selection and instincts as a playmaker distributor that is lacking. A Tony Parker 22-8 is VERY different from a Westbrook 22-8. He is super talented and athletic but when he drives he has extreme tunnel vision, and will still try to take it over 2 or 3 guys in the paint. He is still young and needs to grow but if he doesn't correct his bad habits early he will never break from them.

It's not just about the numbers but the efficiency. Even if Westbrook doesn't get the assist the play can still start with him. I see his impact potential like Parker on the Spurs. Parker never gets enough assist because while he may not get the stat it starts with him. He drives creates Havoc, breaks the defense, then with ball movement they get wide open quality shots (think Hockey assist). Now imagine Parker with Westbrooks athleticism, that would be freaky scary. This is how I want to see Westbrook. Again he is young and still needs to grow so I hope he can reach his potential.

GPx
10-31-2012, 03:52 PM
Bitter status confirmed.

OP also thinks Kevin Martin is a star. It's saying something when every Rocket fan is lol'ing at that statement.

jross2021
10-31-2012, 04:02 PM
Bitter status confirmed.

OP also thinks Kevin Martin is a star. It's saying something when every Rocket fan is lol'ing at that statement.

NO. I said he was the star in Houston. AKA Houston's best player.

Love Pirate
10-31-2012, 04:13 PM
Harden is a little better and/or has way more potential than most of those guys except for Rondo and maybe Westbrook

Jax019
10-31-2012, 04:14 PM
Harden crossed over by Nigerian

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1273576/hardenow.gif

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs7/3647637_o.gif

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1084917/flops.gif

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8023/7188374507_25ce9668a0_o.gif

Josh32Selby
10-31-2012, 04:26 PM
Do you actually watch the games? Durant doesn't try to get open half the time. Brooks and Durant have both stated that they want Westbrook to take more shots and drive to the basket more. He averaged 22 and 8 his (2nd?) year in the league. He can dish, but his team tells him to shoot more. When you have someone as physically gifted as Westbrook, you don't waste it.

8I3izzQDG3o
At 2:55 Coach Nick explains why Westbrook got yanked. Right after that Harden comes in and plays terrifically at the point.

This is Coach Nick's response to Magic Johnson saying Westbrook was the worst PG ever in the Finals
PXtXXWpI1BU
_Bjyrkl_uAM

Coach Nick on why Maynor is a better PG after Westbrook got benched in the 4th quarter against the Mavs last year
SSsrTs0vWHA

And don't get me started on the 2nd round series against the Grizzlies. It was one of the worst point guard performances I'd ever seen. Boxscorewatchers will say he averaged 24/7.6/5.3 (41% shooting) but he had a usage of 35% (!!!) while KD had a usage of 28%.

Josh32Selby
10-31-2012, 04:30 PM
I watch the games and you are partially right.

Durant does let Westbrook and Harden run the offense through them a lot of times, and he needs to demand the ball more. He is not like Kobe fighting in the post and calling for the ball a lot of the time.

You need to stop bringing up stats for Westbrook because just numbers don't tell the whole story. Its his shot selection and instincts as a playmaker distributor that is lacking. A Tony Parker 22-8 is VERY different from a Westbrook 22-8. He is super talented and athletic but when he drives he has extreme tunnel vision, and will still try to take it over 2 or 3 guys in the paint. He is still young and needs to grow but if he doesn't correct his bad habits early he will never break from them.

It's not just about the numbers but the efficiency. Even if Westbrook doesn't get the assist the play can still start with him. I see his impact potential like Parker on the Spurs. Parker never gets enough assist because while he may not get the stat it starts with him. He drives creates Havoc, breaks the defense, then with ball movement they get wide open quality shots (think Hockey assist). Now imagine Parker with Westbrooks athleticism, that would be freaky scary. This is how I want to see Westbrook. Again he is young and still needs to grow so I hope he can reach his potential.

This. Westbrick fans should watch a Clippers game or two and see what a true PG looks like. CP3's 20/9 average is worth so much more than Westbrook's 22/8 (his average 2 years ago)

MurkinSeason
10-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Let me just clear up a few things in this thread.

Harden aint nuffin.
Houston wont do a damn thing with all these super teams around.
Afflalo is a good player.
I like Rashard Lewis

Gymboree
10-31-2012, 05:11 PM
Is harden worth that much at face value? No

Is he worth that much in order for Houston to land him? Yes, because if they didn't pay him that then someone else would. They can afford to do this and they need better players.

Classic case of supply and demand.

FawkinJuicy
10-31-2012, 05:21 PM
I think Gilbert Arenas is still making more than all of those guys you listed... and he ain't even in the league right now.

I OuTsiDeR I
10-31-2012, 08:43 PM
37 pts 12 assist 6 reb 4 stls 1 blk

Not bad for overrated

Lakersrbake
10-31-2012, 08:45 PM

And if you listen closely you can hear the jimmies rustle softly . jpeg

strongvirgin
10-31-2012, 08:53 PM

lmao

MusicalHam
10-31-2012, 08:54 PM
From Houston.. Martin a star player?
Lol.

Ive hated him ever since he got on the team.
Everyone in Houston I know has always hated him.

He sucks.
He's always sucked.

Would take harden over martin any day.

strongvirgin
10-31-2012, 09:08 PM
From Houston.. Martin a star player?
Lol.

Ive hated him ever since he got on the team.
Everyone in Houston I know has always hated him.

He sucks.
He's always sucked.

Would take harden over martin any day.

Wait are people trying to turn this into a Martin v Harden thread?

Michaeljordanlaughing.gif

Cannonsex
10-31-2012, 11:05 PM
"Role player" James Harden with 37/6/12/4/1. I wanna see "Harden quality" Aaron Afflalo do that....

wifestealer
11-01-2012, 05:39 AM
lol @ OP. phaggot.

arian11
11-01-2012, 05:58 AM

I present to you Eddy Curry...or how about Stephon Marbury. Now that was some EASY money.

In other news, OP is irate a certain someone put up 37 6 12.

waytoodeep03
11-01-2012, 06:25 AM
Harden crossed over by Nigerian

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1273576/hardenow.gif

5 years 80 mill brah

edit: damn he gets up holding his junk

DPharrell
11-01-2012, 06:31 AM
So many factors with player contracts... Timing, league needs/wants, age, injuries, agent etc...

Would love to be Rondo when his next contract negotiation comes up.

gbkxbb
11-01-2012, 08:09 AM
He's better than most of those players and he's young...so he's well worth the money if he keeps getting better.

Sawcats
11-01-2012, 08:15 AM

Rondo is not better than Harden?

jross2021
11-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Rondo is not better than Harden?

read this multiple times lololol. Hopefully is was just by Selby, I don't keep tabs on who posts the stupid **** though.

Virus4762
11-01-2012, 07:13 PM
It's OK OP. I'd be bitter too if the guy my team just traded away had 37 points, 12 assists, 5 rebounds, and 4 steals in his first game with the team I traded him to.

Harden was your third option because Durant is on your team and Westbrick is a ball hog. Harden is better than Westbrick. Almost all OKC fans admit that Presti overreacted to Harden not wanting to extend and made an ill-advised trade. Harden's only 23 and has the potential to be the best SG in the NBA someday.

The question isn't "Why are you giving $80M to a bench player, Houston?" - it's, "What the hell was he doing on your bench, OKC?""

And almost no player on your list is as good as Harden. You also have Duncan's and Ginobili's names capitalized as if to say it's super unbelievable that Harden's getting paid more than those two. THEY'RE BOTH ALMOST 37 YEARS OLD. You accuse other people ITT of knowing nothing about basketball but you're flabbergasted by the fact 37 year olds are getting paid less than 23 year olds with all star stat lines? Just the fact that you had Ginobili's and Duncan's names capitalized means that you think those two 37 year olds warrant a higher paycheck than anyone else on your list does. And you accuse other people ITT of knowing nothing about basketball?

Hardcore_D00d
11-01-2012, 07:36 PM
okc missing him right about now

jross2021
02-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Conley is a starter and a damn good PG. Afflalo is Harden quality.

reading back on my old posts, even I impress myself.. fuk I'm like a bball guru.

OutWorkedByNo1
02-06-2014, 10:33 PM
i hate arguing with you because you have IT in your sig.. but... HARDEN is unproven. Generally has the 3rd best defender from the other team on him. What's he going to do when the best defender on the team is guarding him? And lol @ saying The Rockets will be an 8th seed, will bump when they're in 12th place.

you should've bumped this OP.

jross2021
02-06-2014, 10:35 PM
you should've bumped this OP.

dwight gonna dwight.. jones gonna jones.

ArmchairMoles
04-25-2017, 08:16 PM
huehuehue