PDA

View Full Version : My Eating Routine

Swartys
10-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Weight: 178
Height: 6'0
Desired Weight Lost: Just trying to lose fat, and gain some visible abdominal's
I lift weights 5 Days a week.

Eating Routine: *I drink water with everything besides breakfest, around a gallon a day.
Breakfest - Bowl of Honey Wheats w/ 2% Milk, and a glass of orange juice
Lunch - Two slices of chicken lunch meat on whole wheat bread with a slice of american cheese
Lunch 2 (about 3 hours later before working out) - Same as above
Dinner - Four Egg Whites, A whole cucumber, and an apple.
Snack - Peanut Butter and Raspeberry Jelly Sandwich *whole wheat bread*

Well that about sums it up. Haven't started it but I was wondering how solid this sounds? Give me some advice/ constructive criticism please :-).

Serpentarius
10-24-2012, 06:09 PM
you really need to read the stickies, look on this section "macronutrient" and the fat loss for noobs sticky, it has EVERYTHING you need to know in a couple mins of reading. The only thing we can see is food, but what about the energy content of the food?

wickedclown
10-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Weight: 178
Height: 6'0
Desired Weight Lost: Just trying to lose fat, and gain some visible abdominal's
I lift weights 5 Days a week.

Eating Routine: *I drink water with everything besides breakfest, around a gallon a day.
Breakfest - Bowl of Honey Wheats w/ 2% Milk, and a glass of orange juice
Lunch - Two slices of chicken lunch meat on whole wheat bread with a slice of american cheese
Lunch 2 (about 3 hours later before working out) - Same as above
Dinner - Four Egg Whites, A whole cucumber, and an apple.
Snack - Peanut Butter and Raspeberry Jelly Sandwich *whole wheat bread*

Well that about sums it up. Haven't started it but I was wondering how solid this sounds? Give me some advice/ constructive criticism please :-).

You need more protein and less fat or dairy. You also need more good carbs. There are several articles that will help you on here and like the other guy suggested read that article.

Tupperwolf
10-24-2012, 08:14 PM
You need more protein and less fat or dairy. You also need more good carbs. There are several articles that will help you on here and like the other guy suggested read that article.

Strong join date to post ratio, also there are no good or bad carbs.

OP: Read the stickies!

wickedclown
10-24-2012, 08:28 PM
When you are cutting weight there are carbs that help you and carbs that will hinder you . That is what i meant by good and bad carbs. Guess i should have clarified that.

earthshieldlol
10-24-2012, 08:32 PM
When you are cutting weight there are carbs that help you and carbs that will hinder you . That is what i meant by good and bad carbs. Guess i should have clarified that.

Good attempt, but still wrong. Carbohydrates are all starches or sugars, and they all get broken down into the same thing in the same manner in the mouth and stomach. I'm available for Biology 101 tutoring at an hourly rate, pst for more info.

Edit: Also there's nothing wrong with dairy while cutting. Somewhere around half of my protein intake daily is from dairy.

wickedclown
10-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Good attempt, but still wrong. Carbohydrates are all starches or sugars, and they all get broken down into the same thing in the same manner in the mouth and stomach. I'm available for Biology 101 tutoring at an hourly rate, pst for more info.

Edit: Also there's nothing wrong with dairy while cutting. Somewhere around half of my protein intake daily is from dairy.

So all carbs metoblis in your stomach the same? Aren't vegetables carbs and don't they metoblis differently then say bread?

If your cutting why would you ingest more fat such as dairy? There is nothing wrong with dairy but if your cutting it helps to cut it out.

SteveFromNY
10-24-2012, 08:53 PM
fat is most DEFINITELY needed in any diet, even during cutting.
So all carbs metoblis in your stomach the same? Aren't vegetables carbs and don't they metoblis differently then say bread?

If your cutting why would you ingest more fat such as dairy? There is nothing wrong with dairy but if your cutting it helps to cut it out.

wickedclown
10-24-2012, 08:56 PM
fat is most DEFINITELY needed in any diet, even during cutting.

I agree but you need to cut the fat intake down duri g cutting.

Serpentarius
10-24-2012, 08:58 PM

fat does not make you fat, excess calories do. Dietary fat from nuts, dairy, etc... is not the same as adipose tissue in your body.

earthshieldlol
10-24-2012, 08:59 PM

Yes, in fact, they do. Vegetables (I'm talking strictly vegetables, not fruit) contain extremely small amounts of carbohydrates compared to bread, but they metabolize in exactly the same way. And I don't know why you think dairy = fat. Have you heard of skim milk, fat free cheese, Greek yogurt, etc?

sharpieblet
10-24-2012, 09:19 PM

do some research man, cal intake dictates weight gain/loss, not macros. excess quantities of ANY macros will cause fat gain. a low cal diet naturally has less fat and carbs than a diet suited towards gaining mass, but that's b/c during a cut your protein intake should remain high and usually uses the bulk of the cals, leaving less behind to fill in with fats and carbs.