PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Sports Fans Cities

tmc.
10-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Here are the Top 10 cities with the best fans overall as ranked by the GOAT.

Cities that didn't make the cut:

Miami + all Florida cities - fairweather (with good reason), teams pretty much all suck, their fans don't even show up to watch one of the best NBA teams in a long time
Philadelphia - dumbest fans per capita in the US
Boston - annoying fans, overhype and overreact to everything
Houston - nondescript fans, but not their fault their teams have been mediocre or worse forever
LA - bandwagon fans, the celebrity element at Lakers games is cool, but that's about it
Atlanta - nobody cares about pro sports there
Detroit - pretty close to making the list
St. Louis - a strong baseball fanbase, but that's about it
Portland - great support, but some of the most irrational fans when it comes to judging their team
Denver - pretty good support, but nothing special
Kansas City - the fans movement to get rid of everyone that plays for or works for the Chiefs is good

10. Chicago - pretty good support for every team they have which is a lot
9. Toronto - intelligent fans
8. San Francisco - passionate fans who turn it up a notch when their teams are good
7. Dallas - similar to Chicago except a step above + Cowboys support is national even though the team has been overrated and terrible for a long time now, plus TexasHeat
6. New Orleans - best drunken support for both LSU and Saints
5. Wisconsin (Milwaukee + Green Bay) - Green Bay speaks for itself, great college support too
4. Pittsburgh - Steelers fans travel better than any other, fans support the Steelers franchise no matter what, even against their star players and they actually care about their image
3. Cleveland - personally I can't stand fans from Ohio, but give them credit, they support a lot of awful teams and even laugh at themselves for it
2. New York - both funny and passionate, although can be bandwagon, but they make up for it with the best crowd in sports when the Knicks are interesting
1. Seattle - crowds are like European soccer crowds for all their sports, intelligent, best fans bar none

Discuss.

problemz
10-24-2012, 05:54 PM
No DC/Md sports..soniam..

tmc.
10-24-2012, 05:55 PM
No DC/Md sports..soniam..

I meant to put them in cities that didn't make the cut, but I forgot. They were 11 or 12.

GooBaaa
10-24-2012, 05:55 PM
No Buffalo? Pls go phaggot

tmc.
10-24-2012, 05:57 PM
No Buffalo? Pls go phaggot

I forgot Buffalo had sports teams srs

BenadrylBandit
10-24-2012, 05:57 PM
lol.

relaxigotthis
10-24-2012, 05:59 PM
this phaggot thinks his opinion matters. Look he used the arrow in the title too..how cute. lol

Yank11
10-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Buffalo should be top 10 IMO, literally everyone in Buffalo is a Bills/Sabres fan and watches every game, even girls. Stores on a sunday mornings, almost everyone in the store is in a bills jersey/shirt/hat. Even with how bad the Bills have been and the rumors of them wanting out of Buffalo, they're fans have been loyal.
Same goes for the Sabres

tmc.
10-24-2012, 06:01 PM
this phaggot thinks his opinion matters. Look he used the arrow in the title too..how cute. lol

BenadrylBandit
10-24-2012, 06:03 PM
brb excluding 2 of the biggest markets across all sports. (PHI, BOS)

retarded list is retarded

AhDo
10-24-2012, 06:04 PM
hate all you want, boston has had the most success in sports since the 2000s

tmc.
10-24-2012, 06:04 PM
brb excluding 2 of the biggest markets across all sports. (PHI, BOS)

retarded list is retarded

Says the guy who thinks Cabrera is the MVP over Trout. Lmao.

Biggest market =/= best fans

tmc.
10-24-2012, 06:06 PM
hate all you want, boston has had the most success in sports since the 2000s

can you read ?

Impurityz

lol philly has a great fan base

passion gonna passion

PhiGreens
New York should not be there

BenadrylBandit
10-24-2012, 06:09 PM

Good fans sellout games.

Eagles 3rd in attendance last season selling out 102.3% of games
Phillies 1st in attendance this season 2nd in sellouts. 100.8% of games
Flyers 1st in attendance last season selling out 107.4% of games
Sixers 18th in attendance last season selling out 86.1% of games (first season on bake)

lol @ a Dallas fan juding other fan bases. One of the most fake fan bases in the country.

And Cabrera will win the MVP.

GooBaaa
10-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Good fans sellout games.

Sixers 18th in attendance last season selling out 86.1% of games (first season on bake)

lol @ a Dallas fan juding other fan bases. One of the most fake fan bases in the country.

This Dallas fans are a joke

Yank11
10-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Good fans sellout games.

This, too. That MNF game vs the Bears it was basically Soldier Field South down in Arlington

TheOneArmedMan
10-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Toronto has intelligent fans? lol most of their teams suck and the people still go to the games..... especially the leafs.

GooBaaa
10-24-2012, 06:23 PM
8. San Francisco - passionate fans who turn it up a notch when their teams are good

lmao

HeeeyYouGuuuys
10-24-2012, 06:28 PM
3. Cleveland - personally I can't stand fans from Ohio, but give them credit, they support a lot of awful teams and even laugh at themselves for it
lol!

The article below is from May, when the Indians had one of the best records in MLB.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/05/chris-perez-rips-indians-fans/

Chris Perez Rips Cleveland Fans, Says Free Agents Don’t Want To Sign Because Of Lack Of Support

As is his wont, Chris Perez shot off in the locker room after the Indians 2-0 win over the Marlins on Saturday. Only this time he wasn’t getting into tussles on Twitter or with the opponents. Perez ripped the Cleveland fans, saying they don’t show up and the lack of support has hurt the organization’s pursuit of free agents. He specifically cited the club’s attempt to sign Carlos Beltran this offseason, saying the low attendance and support were a factor in Beltran choosing the Cardinals over the Tribe.\

Briisk
10-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Holy ****.

I didnt read the list and was gonna mention if seattle is not there than this list is bunk, theyre number one!

I dont think Seattle should be number one, and chicago should move up on the list, every sport sells out.

HeeeyYouGuuuys
10-24-2012, 06:33 PM
lol!

The article below is from May, when the Indians had one of the best records in MLB.

Chris Perez Rips Cleveland Fans, Says Free Agents Don’t Want To Sign Because Of Lack Of Support

As is his wont, Chris Perez shot off in the locker room after the Indians 2-0 win over the Marlins on Saturday. Only this time he wasn’t getting into tussles on Twitter or with the opponents. Perez ripped the Cleveland fans, saying they don’t show up and the lack of support has hurt the organization’s pursuit of free agents. He specifically cited the club’s attempt to sign Carlos Beltran this offseason, saying the low attendance and support were a factor in Beltran choosing the Cardinals over the Tribe.\
In fairness, I forgot that he got mega-cheered for his comments the next time he pitched, which was pretty freaking awesome. Cleveland at #3 is still way too high, but at least the few fans who show up to the baseball games are cool.

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2012/05/chris_perez_gets_cheers_save_a.html

Doober4
10-24-2012, 06:50 PM
In fairness, I forgot that he got mega-cheered for his comments the next time he pitched, which was pretty freaking awesome. Cleveland at #3 is still way too high, but at least the few fans who show up to the baseball games are cool.

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2012/05/chris_perez_gets_cheers_save_a.html

He also then went on to rip the front office later in the season blaming them for being stingy and not showing they are serious in building a contender, citing that as a reason free agents don't want to come here.

Then at the end of the year he ripped Acta after he got fired saying he was the main reason they have collapsed in the second half two years in a row.

The fans here love the Indians but are sick and tired of the owner and FO refusing to spend money and fielding a sub par lineup year in and year out. All this while the owner sits back and rakes in a $30 MILLION PROFIT, the highest in the MLB I believe it was according to Forbes. For comparison the Tigers owner saw a mere $1 million profit but they are in the WS.

Rant over.

hiimnotcool
10-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Came in expecting Seattle in top 10. Left satisfied after number 1. Fans here are loyal as fukk. I'm not a fan of any of the teams here but going to games is always a really fun experience.

taxe91
10-24-2012, 07:41 PM
He also then went on to rip the front office later in the season blaming them for being stingy and not showing they are serious in building a contender, citing that as a reason free agents don't want to come here.

Then at the end of the year he ripped Acta after he got fired saying he was the main reason they have collapsed in the second half two years in a row.

The fans here love the Indians but are sick and tired of the owner and FO refusing to spend money and fielding a sub par lineup year in and year out. All this while the owner sits back and rakes in a $30 MILLION PROFIT, the highest in the MLB I believe it was according to Forbes. For comparison the Tigers owner saw a mere $1 million profit but they are in the WS.

Rant over.

The Tigers owner is a champion. 83 years old and doing everything he can to see his team win some more championships before he conks out, he's probably ruining their future in the process but its still respectable what hes doing

http://www.freep.com/article/20121021/COL08/310210347/Drew-Sharp-Tigers-credo-is-win-World-Series-title-for-owner-Mike-Ilitch

phillyfreak7
10-24-2012, 07:49 PM

Biggest market =/= best fansI hardly watch baseball, but didn't Cabrera win the Triple Crown?

ShweezyBTFO
10-24-2012, 08:09 PM
lmao in after butthurt boston/philly fans

Impurityz
10-24-2012, 08:12 PM
lmao in after butthurt boston/philly fans

lol...

Giants 3-11 in NFL Championships pre Superbowl

just LOL

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ELI-MANNING-SACK.gif

ShweezyBTFO
10-24-2012, 08:14 PM
lol...

Giants 3-11 in NFL Championships pre Superbowl

just LOL

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ELI-MANNING-SACK.gif

R9Zy7gbgntA

forever and always, deal with it.

Impurityz
10-24-2012, 08:15 PM
R9Zy7gbgntA

you know I have never watched that video.... and don't intend to.

lulz... 3-11

I don't even....

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/182vfo16swz8zgif/original.gif

scotyg
10-24-2012, 08:25 PM
ITT college sports do not exist

krogtaar
10-24-2012, 08:28 PM
i can confirm, i was cleveland.

for browns fans 6 wins is like winning the superbowl.
for bengals fans its winning in the playoffs - havent since 1990, only been twice

BenadrylBandit
10-24-2012, 08:30 PM
R9Zy7gbgntA

Yet to watch that... but wasn't that made right before the Eagles vs. Giants game this year? Weird cause Giants lost that game...

ShweezyBTFO
10-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Yet to watch that... but wasn't that made right before the Eagles vs. Giants game this year? Weird cause Giants lost that game...

tynes only missed that field goal because I capped the eagles to win by exactly 2 points (srs)

FryDude
10-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Buffalo and Toronto fans should both be top 5.

turk75
10-24-2012, 08:52 PM
i can confirm, i was cleveland.

for browns fans 6 wins is like winning the superbowl.
for bengals fans its winning in the playoffs - havent since 1990, only been twice

It really did feel like we won the superbowl when we beat the bengals the other week lol.

Win or lose we still booze!!

Bdm44FopP38

I'll be a Cleveland fan till the day i die.

Jyeatbvg
10-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Toronto has intelligent fans? lol most of their teams suck and the people still go to the games..... especially the leafs.
Which means we're actually fans, unlike those from Miami, San Francisco, Washington, etc. etc.

Impurityz
10-24-2012, 09:18 PM
tynes only missed that field goal because I capped the eagles to win by exactly 2 points (srs)

lol@ thinking he even deserved an opportunity to kick it.

Refs were the only reason that kick even occurred.

brb back to back pass interference calls on the Eagles...

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Hurdle-2.gif

BenadrylBandit
10-24-2012, 09:31 PM
lol@ thinking he even deserved an opportunity to kick it.

Refs were the only reason that kick even occurred.

brb back to back pass interference calls on the Eagles...

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Hurdle-2.gif

I don't know why he keeps talking **** given the recent discovery that the giants are 3-11 in NFL championship games, and that they've NEVER shut a team out in an NFL championship game.

poverty team gonna poverty

Gooner89
10-24-2012, 09:34 PM
No Minneapolis/St. Paul no care.

whitepaper
10-24-2012, 10:48 PM
New York? If you're going to label Boston as such, you gotta' throw in New York into the same fuking category. Piece of shiit fans from both cities. Probably worse in NY since it's part of the scene to like sports and go to sporting events. Bunch of pretentious fuk nuts.

Glad to see Cleveland there as well.

Goby
10-25-2012, 12:58 AM
lol!

Chris Perez Rips Cleveland Fans, Says Free Agents Donít Want To Sign Because Of Lack Of Support

As is his wont, Chris Perez shot off in the locker room after the Indians 2-0 win over the Marlins on Saturday. Only this time he wasnít getting into tussles on Twitter or with the opponents. Perez ripped the Cleveland fans, saying they donít show up and the lack of support has hurt the organizationís pursuit of free agents. He specifically cited the clubís attempt to sign Carlos Beltran this offseason, saying the low attendance and support were a factor in Beltran choosing the Cardinals over the Tribe.\

That's because the Indians owner is the jewiest jew in jewdom.

The Indians have given away or let so much talent go for nothing in return. Then they bitch at us when big free agent signings are people like a 90 year old Johnny Damon. Srsly the Indians were supported just as good as the Cavs and Browns until like 2-3 years ago.

roadtrippin
10-25-2012, 01:04 AM
NY ballin' as usual

roadtrippin
10-25-2012, 01:07 AM
I don't know why he keeps talking **** given the recent discovery that the giants are 3-11 in NFL championship games, and that they've NEVER shut a team out in an NFL championship game.

poverty team gonna povertypeople still talk about NFL championships intra the Super Bowl era? lol how many straws must Philly fans grasp onto? i do feel bad for philadelphia sports teams though (srs)

weazy79
10-25-2012, 02:43 AM
Anyone lol when brining up LA fans being bandwagoners making them bad fans but saying dallas is cool cause of the cowboy support? You realize next to the packers no team gets bandwagoned more than the cowboys? (no hate against real pack and cowboy fans)

weazy79
10-25-2012, 02:47 AM
Which means we're actually fans, unlike those from Miami, San Francisco, Washington, etc. etc.

You clearly don't follow the Giants. Even mediocre fans show up.

p7nk
10-25-2012, 02:48 AM
1. Seattle - crowds are like European soccer crowds for all their sports, intelligent, best fans bar none

lol wut

PervedOut
10-25-2012, 04:28 AM
Came in, saw Cleveland on list, saw Detroit missed it. Leaving satisfied.

*DH*
10-25-2012, 04:31 AM
Wisconsin :)

pg2tall
10-25-2012, 04:38 AM
Philadelphia - dumbest fans per capita in the US

Typical butt hurt Dallas fan.

pg2tall
10-25-2012, 04:40 AM
Good fans sellout games.

/thread

Messiahtype
10-25-2012, 05:41 AM
These are all wrong.

Baton Rouge
Columbus
Tuscaloosa
Knoxville
Gainesville
Ann Arbor
Austin
Lincoln
Norman
Athens
So on, so forth. More passion, more fans, crazier gamedays. period.