PDA

View Full Version : progress? no scale loss? frustration

anatomie88
10-14-2012, 07:07 PM
my goal is to lower my body fat, i don't have much to lose. I've been tracking macros and calories, eating in a deficit and lifting 4x a week, no formal cardio. I check my weight measure once a week (morning). over three weeks I have gone up in weight 1-2lbs but lost an inch from my waist. The numbers on the scale upset me but my waist is smaller. Not sure if i am heading in the right direction, I just expect scale loss. does that sometimes come later? :-/

cnh57811
10-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Sounds like you are pretty stagnant right now. Are you sure you are counting cals correctly? What are your current stats? The 1-2 lbs could just be water weight and the 1 inch could easily be something other than fat loss.

KevinO541
I would slap the **** outta you. Your losing fat and inches off your waist and complaining ??? Come on man a lot of us would love to lose fat and maintain our weight.

banipal753
To be honest, scale loss can always be misleading, i say the best way to tell is by 1. taking before and after photos, 2. Generally looking at yourself in the mirror, 3. How your clothes fit now as opposed to before.

People may tell you that you're adding muscle mass but generally you wouldn't naturally have added on that much muscle mass in such a short amount of time to counteract your fat loss. Never the less, Don't stress, i started a fat loss program and went through the exact same frustration as you, literally no scale results in 4-5 weeks, i was really upset, but i kept going, trained harder, increased my deficit, monitored my macroes carefully, i'm slowly getting their.

anatomie88
10-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks, I know it can't be muscle! I know the importance of counting and I'm tracking as accurate as possible. i weigh and measure everything!! I use myfitnesspal. I don't have a lot to lose and I think that makes it harder. I'm 5'6 124lbs. I'm on 1300 calories a day. I'm a chick! (That should explain why I care about the scale number)