PDA

View Full Version : What was your best meal plan to lose fat?

Renniesane
10-13-2012, 12:34 PM
I'd like some ideas to create my own

Renniesane
10-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Preferably with portions etc?

germaine07
10-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Eat a variety of foods you enjoy eating that help you reach your macros, micros & calories.

TigerStealth
10-13-2012, 01:41 PM
weighing 170 i did 220 pro, 275 carb, 55 fat with cardio 5x a week

Nondeplumage
10-13-2012, 02:42 PM
First thing I did was find a total daily energy expenditure calculator, and found that a thousand calorie deficit for me was about 2,750 calories. My meals tend to look something like this:

Breakfast:
- 3-4 whole natural eggs, shredded cheese, frozen mixed veggies, all for scrambled eggs.
- 2-3 slices of natural uncured bacon without preservatives.
- The rest changes depending on my mood. Sometimes it's a baked sweet potato with 1 tbp butter and cinnamon. Sometimes it's natural whole grain bread with 2 tbp Skippy natural peanut butter and either 1 tbp jam or a crushed up banana. Sometimes it's a cup of vanilla almond milk to go along with everything.
- If I didn't feel like breakfast, some days I would just skip it.

Lunch:
- Homemade 4 oz (uncooked weight) turkey patty, mixed with diced jalapenos and 1/8 cup Sargento shredded cheese. I'd have this with a haas avocado and 1/2 cup of sauerkraut.
- Sometimes I'll have a baked sweet potato to go with it, like above. Sometimes I'll have yogurt with 1/2-1 cup frozen berries mixed in with 2 tbp natural peanut butter and 1 tbp natural unsweetened cocoa powder. Sometimes it's a bowl of fruit instead.

Dinner:
- Whatever I feel like making, as long as it is homemade and I control what ingredients go in. Meatloaf, spaghetti with whole wheat noodles, hamburgers, chicken burritos, grilled chicken in a salad, baked chicken with Mrs. Dash rubbed all over. Sometimes ribs. It really depends on what's on sale at the store. I try to cook with as many veggies as I can, try to have fruit on the side.
- Sometimes it's pizza. Every once and a while (maybe once or twice a month), it's eating out with friends. I don't limit myself on the menu, but do eat only until I'm satisfied.

Snack:
- If I have enough calories left over, or just feel like one, I have a serving of ice cream or frozen yogurt.

So far, I've lost 30 pounds, but started really tracking on the last 15.

bunnydelacruz
10-13-2012, 02:48 PM
starving myself on coffee and diet energy drinks all day, then stuffing in all my macros at the end of it :D

texicus
10-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Eat a variety of foods you enjoy eating that help you reach your macros, micros & calories.

WonderPug is that you?

jk OP but listen to this