PDA

View Full Version : Oregon can beat Alabama, and it would be a blow out

eljobber
10-06-2012, 11:14 PM
I do not see Alabama matching up with the speed of Oregon.

D.Thomas and K.Barner could be Team USA track and field stars.

In my opinion, they would run circles around Bama.

Thoughts?

CobyWan
10-06-2012, 11:20 PM
I'd like to see that matchup in the NCG for the contrast of styles and approach.

But the past couple seasons against Auburn and LSU show it would be a tough game. The quality of the defensive lines can disrupt a lot of what Oregon likes to do.

krokaw7
10-06-2012, 11:21 PM
I also think this is Oregon's year if they can get to the championship game

VegetaBlowYouUp
10-06-2012, 11:21 PM
True OP, too bad they aren't getting by USC

eljobber
10-06-2012, 11:32 PM
I'd like to see that matchup in the NCG for the contrast of styles and approach.

But the past couple seasons against Auburn and LSU show it would be a tough game. The quality of the defensive lines can disrupt a lot of what Oregon likes to do.

True, however, Alabama does not have a player the caliber of Nick Fairley. Also, Oregon was one dropped pass away from winning the NC against Auburn.

I also think this is Oregon's year if they can get to the championship game

They can, but maybe won't, beat USC. If they can, next is Oregon St. Then whoever they play in the pac south. The road is tough, but Oregon is the only team that can contend for a NC in the pac-12

PatrickBateman1
10-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Didn't know football was a track meet..... lmao.

Homer phaggot.

Experiment42
10-06-2012, 11:39 PM
The PAC-12 fans felt that same way when they were playing Auburn, and that game turned into a low-scoring mudslinger. They also got blown out by LSU last year as well.

They play a bunch of schools that don't play defense, and just don't match up against them at all. I would love to see them play Bama, USCar, or Florida. I'm pretty sure even if they won, they'd be held to under 24 points.

laxster
10-06-2012, 11:56 PM
The PAC-12 fans felt that same way when they were playing Auburn, and that game turned into a low-scoring mudslinger. They also got blown out by LSU last year as well.

They play a bunch of schools that don't play defense, and just don't match up against them at all. I would love to see them play Bama, USCar, or Florida. I'm pretty sure even if they won, they'd be held to under 24 points.

Did you forget the part where there was 1000 total yards of offense in that game? It was low scoring because of red zone problems and turnovers

-=Zeus=-!
10-07-2012, 12:21 AM
Until it happens....STFU.

Thanks.

(no SEC homer either)

XFactah416
10-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Oregon's defense looks much improved.

The problem is I don't think they could handle a game in the trenches which is what Alabama would do to them. Auburn that year was also a spread offense type of team although Cam Newton was (and still is) a ****ing bulldozer.

I also think Oregon will lose to USC so it will be moot. USC is coached by a doofus but their game matches up well with USC. USC will have trouble with teams that wanna grind it out and beat them in the trenches like Stanford.

Experiment42
10-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know forcing turnovers didn't count as defense.

My bad.

Seriously though, yards don't mean **** if you aren't scoring. Auburn wasn't a defensive powerhouse either. That was probably the SEC's worst year in recent memory. Auburn was pretty much two extremely good players that were on fire, and a bunch of background characters. I'd say Florida 06/08/09/12, Bama 08/09/11/12, LSU 06/07/08/09/11/12, and USC 11/12 were better overall SEC defenses off the top of my head.

justreal55
10-07-2012, 06:13 AM
I do not see Alabama matching up with the speed of Oregon.

D.Thomas and K.Barner could be Team USA track and field stars.

In my opinion, they would run circles around Bama.

Thoughts?

Man please....Idk what narcotic you were abusing when u wrote that, but just stop it.

Zuus
10-07-2012, 07:39 AM
they can beat them, but I doubt it would be a blowout. Bama gives up 7 points a game, oregon gives up 20 including 34 to arkansas state.

usually I go for the beast defense over the elite offense

game I would like to see for sure

BullStampede
10-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Until it happens....STFU.

Thanks.

(no SEC homer either)

ding ding ding

Backus24
10-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Cliffs on what will happen.

Oregon will score < 21 points on Bama

Bama will hold the ball and run the ball down Oregon's throat and keep their offense of the field

Alabama wins another NC.

This type of offense is fine, but it has to be paired with a good defense or they are going to lose again.

OSU in the Rose Bowl and Auburn in the NCG did the exact game plan above and won when everyone said Oregon would drop 45+ on them, and if Bielema wasn't a complete idiot he would have also beat them in the RB.

When their offense doesn't get to run 90 plays and they stall against a good defense, they get frustrated and can't be themselves.

rippedandforty
10-07-2012, 09:10 AM
inb4 that phaggot poster from bama living in tally............

mrh0rnet
10-07-2012, 09:15 AM
This sounds familiar... oh yea, people said the same thing last year before they played LSU. When are people going to realize there's a difference between SEC defenses and those pansy Pac-12 defenses?

chlaxman
10-07-2012, 09:20 AM
What's Oregon's recent record against good SEC teams?

BuckNakedinBama
10-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Defense is played on a different level in the south compared to out west. Auburn's defense was atrocious when they beat the unstoppable Oregon offense in '10. In the SEC players have great lateral speed, eye discipline, and play with great leverage. Jeff Demps and Chris Rainey also had world-class speed and Bama never had a problem shutting them down at UF.

Calhexas
10-07-2012, 09:28 AM
inb4 that phaggot poster from bama living in tally............

Lol why u mad?

Oh and in on troll thread

TheMarshall
10-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Jeff Demps and Chris Rainey also had world-class speed and Bama never had a problem shutting them down at UF.
Came in to post this.

There is no lack of speed in the SEC, especially on defense. It also wouldn't matter if they weren't fast, because they're strong enough to get into the backfield before the little 5'9 173 running back can start running. Or even the 5'10 190,