PDA

View Full Version : The non-conventional family boom

SYRIANKID
10-06-2012, 04:51 PM
In 2011, building on a trend established in 2006, only 39.2% of Canadian census families (defined as a married or common-law couple, regardless of gender, with or without children, or a lone parent living with one or more children in the same home) had children. A significantly larger number * 44.5 per cent * had no children. And the proportion of those without children is rising.

“Traditional” nuclear families * married couples with children* now make up barely more than a third of families, 31.9%. That’s well down from 37.4% in the 2001 census.

Of the 9,389,700 family units accounted for in the 2011 census (up 5.5% from 2006), growing numbers are non-traditional. Between 2006 and 2011, for example, the number of common-law couples rose 13.9% * more than four times the rate of increase for married couples. The number of single-parent homes has grown nearly 10% since the last census, with the number of male lone-parent families up 16.2%.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2012/09/19/michael-den-tandt-census-increase-in-non-conventional-families-suggests-social-conservatism-dead-politically/

http://nationalpostcomment.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/na0920-census-4col.jpg

chashma1
10-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Sad story.

Thinman
10-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Sad story.

Why? People should be free to make their own choices, shouldn't they?

chashma1
10-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Why? People should be free to make their own choices, shouldn't they?
But that doesn't mean i can't be sad when i see them making the wrong choices.

stezus
10-06-2012, 07:54 PM
But that doesn't mean i can't be sad when i see them making the wrong choices.

How is it the wrong choice?

tk217
10-06-2012, 08:46 PM

Chas is a troll just so you know.

And -- the reality is kids are hella expensive and family court / divorce ruins the idea of a family.

lexinak
10-06-2012, 08:51 PM

You may think you're an individual with unique ideas, memories and plans, but chashma1, despite being a stranger on the internet, is actually the #1 authority on what kind of relationship you should be in.

PaulG
10-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Society is getting unhealthier physically and mentally by the day and year, this is obvious to even the most ignorant intellectuals and not just a family issue. Most assuredly excepted.

VH_DkBI9Qsk

Weightaholic
10-06-2012, 10:26 PM
chashma1, despite being a stranger on the internet, is actually the #1 authority on what kind of relationship you should be in.

lol!

chashma1
10-06-2012, 11:06 PM
I won't discuss that here.

Chas is a troll just so you know.

And -- the reality is kids are hella expensive and family court / divorce ruins the idea of a family.
No i'm not.

You may think you're an individual with unique ideas, memories and plans, but chashma1, despite being a stranger on the internet, is actually the #1 authority on what kind of relationship you should be in.
Kind of relationship you should be in... what a lulzy sentence.

I'm pretty sure i AM the authority. There really is only ONE kind of intimate relationship.

lol!
yeap

Weightaholic
10-06-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm pretty sure i AM the authority. There really is only ONE kind of intimate relationship.

Trolleriffic!

stezus
10-06-2012, 11:14 PM
I won't discuss that here.

Negged. Phaggot

BigBeard86
10-07-2012, 07:29 AM
this is very sad. this sort of thing leads to a downward spiral for humanity. no matter how intelligent or educated one may be, they do no good to society of they are immoral.
It leads to many people growing up clueless and without guidance, and, for the most part, end up reliving the negative behavior they see from their parents.
the percentage of people that fair well from these sort of families is very small, and those that do manage to come out healthy undergo a great deal of suffering.

I don't know whats worse - being with a mother that constantly changes men and is herself unstable, or growing up with two parents of the same sex. i think the latter is one of the most selfish things a person can do, seeking to satisfy their own desires at the expense of another human's psyche.

The worst part is, if you speak out against any of this nowadays, your given a bad label and image. How great it is that we live in a society that if you don't accept immorality you are the one that is labeled immoral.

Shikator
10-07-2012, 07:35 AM
In 2011, building on a trend established in 2006, only 39.2% of Canadian census families (defined as a married or common-law couple, regardless of gender, with or without children, or a lone parent living with one or more children in the same home) had children. A significantly larger number * 44.5 per cent * had no children. And the proportion of those without children is rising.

“Traditional” nuclear families * married couples with children* now make up barely more than a third of families, 31.9%. That’s well down from 37.4% in the 2001 census.

Of the 9,389,700 family units accounted for in the 2011 census (up 5.5% from 2006), growing numbers are non-traditional. Between 2006 and 2011, for example, the number of common-law couples rose 13.9% * more than four times the rate of increase for married couples. The number of single-parent homes has grown nearly 10% since the last census, with the number of male lone-parent families up 16.2%.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2012/09/19/michael-den-tandt-census-increase-in-non-conventional-families-suggests-social-conservatism-dead-politically/

http://nationalpostcomment.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/na0920-census-4col.jpg

Thanks SK..Might actually use this on my exam. But this is sad tbh..

The_Zodiac
10-07-2012, 08:04 AM
I almost forgot, getting involved in engineering people's personal lives are more important than NASA, thank God this thread reminded me.

floppyflaps
10-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Then those same people complain about immigrants.

Owlhousespecial
10-07-2012, 08:07 AM
The elites and people who dont see control the media which trys to control the people. They want everyone gay.. sounds far fetched but it is true. Their mission is to destroy the modern family units, have less familys consisting of man woman and children. Its quite sick what really does go on.

Thinman
10-07-2012, 08:15 AM
The elites and people who dont see control the media which trys to control the people. They want everyone gay.. sounds far fetched but it is true. Their mission is to destroy the modern family units, have less familys consisting of man woman and children. Its quite sick what really does go on.

You have to be kidding. I read a lot of dumb things on this board, but this rates right up at the top. If you are smoking something, I would love to get my hands on some.

riptor
10-07-2012, 09:43 AM
You have to be kidding. I read a lot of dumb things on this board, but this rates right up at the top. If you are smoking something, I would love to get my hands on some.

Poe's Law strikes again.

But then again Alex Jones had a video where he made very similar claims, so maybe this poster is serious.