PDA

View Full Version : Who has more talent, Lakers or Heat?

FGCHENG
10-05-2012, 08:10 AM
First of all I'm a Laker's fan, but I can't help but see that Miami is the more talented team here... They got a prime Lebron, prime Bosh, Wade whose a little bit past his prime, but still top 5 in the league, and like 5 legit 3 point shooters in Allen, Miller, Lewis, Battier, and Chalmers. At any given night, any one of those shooters can go off.. I don't even think Lebron will attempt more than 10 3 point field goals next season, because he will have so much room inside the arc with other teams respecting their 3 point shooting abilities. Anyhow... I can't wait for the season to start! Hopefully Lakers beat Heat in 7 games in the Finals :D

Ok actually... I take it back Lakers is the more talented team, but Miami is a deeper team.

Talent-wise you cannot touch Kobe, Howard, Nash, and Gasol :D

tdnick
10-05-2012, 08:15 AM
If Miami is deeper, wouldn't that mean they have more talent throughout the team?

jantelo
10-05-2012, 08:17 AM
If Miami is deeper, wouldn't that mean they have more talent throughout the team?

starting 5 matters more though.

FGCHENG
10-05-2012, 08:19 AM

Being a talented team is not necessarily the same thing as being a deep team. A perfect case in point is the 1985-86 Boston Celtics, who went 67-15 in the regular season before winning the NBA championship. Their starting lineup included three of the NBA’s 50 Greatest Players (Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Robert Parish) plus a former Finals MVP who should be in the Hall of Fame (Dennis Johnson) and a three point marksman who was a future All-Star guard (Danny Ainge). The first player off of the bench, Bill Walton, won the Sixth Man Award and was a former regular season and NBA Finals MVP (he is also on the 50 Greatest Players list). That is obviously a talented team. However, the Celtics were not particularly deep: in the playoffs Boston essentially went with a seven man rotation and the starters averaged between 32.8 and 42.8 mpg.

MCrow
10-05-2012, 08:29 AM
I think if you take all players involved in their primes, it's a pretty even match in talent. However, the Lakers have more players that are not in their prime than the Heat does.

SpencerFS
10-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Really excited for this season, but i think you have to give the edge to the Heat they proved they could do it last year. After winning they went out and acquired even more talent then before. Dwayne Wade was injured,Bosh was coming back from an injury not at 100% and they still dominated the Thunder. Plus Lebron looked like a totally diffrent player in these playoffs and continued to play like that in the olympics. That monkey of his back is huge and it will show next year. Right now i believe the thunder are better then the Lakers until they prove in the playoffs otherwise

FGCHENG
10-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Really excited for this season, but i think you have to give the edge to the Heat they proved they could do it last year. After winning they went out and acquired even more talent then before. Dwayne Wade was injured,Bosh was coming back from an injury not at 100% and they still dominated the Thunder. Plus Lebron looked like a tottaly diffrent player in these playoffs and continued to play like that in the olympics. That monkey of his back is huge and it will show next year. Right now i believe the thunder are better then the Lakers until they prove in the playoffs otherwise

True.. Lebron totally dominated. I don't think Lebron will have as great of a season this year, but D-wade and Bosh will play greater roles this season.

And I think with the new Lakers squad, they'll handle OKC alright this year. Nash will make a HUGE difference in their match-up. Lakers literally had no point guard last season. And with players like Gasol and Howard (or Bynum in last year's case), a point guard is pretty vital in their offense.

wheynweed
10-05-2012, 08:46 AM
The Lakers starting 5 are all stars...
The Heat have legitimate all stars in Lebron and an old beat up Wade. (Bosh is pushing it)

Answer the question yourself.

FGCHENG
10-05-2012, 08:49 AM
The Heat have legitimate all stars in Lebron and an old beat up Wade. (Bosh is pushing it)

I wouldn't go that far to say Lakers' starting 5 are all capable of going to the All-Star game. I mean Metta World Peace is really out of the question. Nash probably won't make the all-star game this year only because the West is stacked with good point guards. If Gasol has a monster year he will make it, so the only 2 guarantees are Kobe and Dwight. And the only guarantees for the Heat are Lebron and Wade, along with Bosh and Allen (only) if they have a good year.

JustBulk
10-05-2012, 08:57 AM
The Lakers have a better starting five. My only concern is that it is an old starting five. One of the GOAT starting five no doubt, but old.

The Heat a better bench and deeper.

StarfaceChris
10-05-2012, 09:03 AM
lakers.

laxster
10-05-2012, 09:07 AM
It really depends on how much Kobe wants to take a facilitator role compared to a chucker role. Hopefully Nash can facilitate some more open shots for Kobe instead of the iso's with no separation but kobe gon kobe. Regardless, even with Kobe in chucker mode the Nash to Howard combo will be pretty lethal and I don't see Bosh or Joel Anthony being able to match up in the paint.

n1e
10-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Lakers

Bezzz
10-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Lakers

Gorilla99
10-05-2012, 09:14 AM
It really depends on how much Kobe wants to take a facilitator role compared to a chucker role. Hopefully Nash can facilitate some more open shots for Kobe instead of the iso's with no separation but kobe gon kobe. Regardless, even with Kobe in chucker mode the Nash to Howard combo will be pretty lethal and I don't see Bosh or Joel Anthony being able to match up in the paint.

meh they said the same thing about Perkins and Ibaka shutting down the paint in the Finals and looked how that turned out.

laxster
10-05-2012, 09:19 AM
meh they said the same thing about Perkins and Ibaka shutting down the paint in the Finals and looked how that turned out.

sorry but LOL @ comparing perkins and ibaka to dwight howard. Completely different animal rebounding and scoring.

Gorilla99
10-05-2012, 09:22 AM
sorry but LOL @ comparing perkins and ibaka to dwight howard. Completely different animal rebounding and scoring.

notsureifsrs.

when it comes to defending the paint

Ibaka + perkins > howard + gasol

BullStampede
10-05-2012, 09:24 AM

lol just stop.

bthomas11
10-05-2012, 09:25 AM
cavs

Zuus
10-05-2012, 09:25 AM
I feel like the heat may have a more "talented" roster, but the Lakers roster is built to win more.

sure having 3 point shooters is nice, but there are nights where shots will be off. I would rather have 2 7'footers with one of them being best defensive player in the game. Shots will be off some nights, size and defense will never be off.

lebron is best player in nba today, but will soft bosh be able to help out with howard in middle? will wade stay healthy? Steve Nash > mario chalmers, i just like the lakers roster better

regGQ
10-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Lakers/Heat are talented but the Knicks are an example of a deep team.

Felton/Kidd/Pablo
Shump/JR/Brewer
Melo/Novak
Amare/Sheed
Chandler/Camby/Thomas

unfortunately for the Knicks our ceiling is losing to Miami in the ECF

(didn't expect dat realness from me did you)

homer
unless Amare is bake, Melo just melos, Shump Shumps and everyone else is healthy than we are 2013 champions

0starine
10-05-2012, 09:27 AM
PG 1. Steve Nash
2. Steve Blake
3. Chris Duhon
4. Darius Morris
SG 1. Kobe Bryant
2. Jodie Meeks
3. Devin Ebanks
4. Andrew Goudelock
5. Chris Douglas-Roberts
6. Darius Johnson-Odom
PF 1. Pau Gasol
2. Earl Clark
SF 1. Metta World Peace
2. Antawn Jamison
3. Reeves Nelson
C 1. Dwight Howard
2. Jordan Hill
3. Robert Sacre
4. Greg Somogyi

vs

PG 1. Mario Chalmers
2. Norris Cole
SG 1. Dwyane Wade
2. Ray Allen
3. James Jones
4. Mike Miller
5. Terrel Harris
6. Garrett Temple
PF 1. LeBron James
2. Udonis Haslem
3. Jarvis Varnado
4. Robert Dozier
SF 1. Shane Battier
2. Rashard Lewis
3. Rodney Carney
C 1. Chris Bosh
2. Joel Anthony
3. Josh Harrellson
4. Dexter Pittman
5. Mickell Gladness

EaglesBrah10
10-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Although I'd say the Heat are more talented, there's a big descrepancy between the teams in player positions. Miami with 2 ball handlers in SG and SF, while LA has Nash at PG, Ball handler in Kobe, lockdown defender SF and a scoring/defensive center. The ball in LA should go around more and should run smoother. But the Heat are in there 3rd year and LA in there first so I guess that makes the difference too.

laxster
10-05-2012, 10:00 AM
notsureifsrs.

You've never seen howard and gasol play together so how can you make that call? And in terms of offensive productivity, howard and gasol will be much better

Gorilla99
10-05-2012, 10:11 AM
You've never seen howard and gasol play together so how can you make that call? And in terms of offensive productivity, howard and gasol will be much better

because gasol is a soft phaggot that has never played defense? Obviously we're not talking about offense as both perkins and ibaka are subpar in that department.

FGCHENG
10-05-2012, 10:13 AM

Lol, Howard and Gasol will literally put up numbers 3 to 4 times more than Ibaka and Perkins

laxster
10-05-2012, 10:21 AM
because gasol is a soft phaggot that has never played defense? Obviously we're not talking about offense as both perkins and ibaka are subpar in that department.

I've been talking about offense and rebounds the whole time lol. You brought up defending the paint for no reason. What do you think is more important, defending the paint or putting up points and grabbing rebounds? I'll take the latter

qse7en
10-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Lakers/Heat are talented but the Knicks are an example of a deep team.

Felton/Kidd/Pablo
Shump/JR/Brewer
Melo/Novak
Amare/Sheed
Chandler/Camby/Thomas

unfortunately for the Knicks our ceiling is losing to Miami in the ECF

(didn't expect dat realness from me did you)

homer
unless Amare is bake, Melo just melos, Shump Shumps and everyone else is healthy than we are 2013 champions

???
The only depth you have is at the 2.

Depth is when your 8th man can start on more than half the teams in the nba.

1. Ty Lawson/Andre Miller
2. Iguodala/Stone/Fournier
3. Gallinari/Chandler/Brewer/Hamilton
4. Faried/Randolph
5. Javale McGeek/ kosta goofus/ mozgov

StarfaceChris
10-05-2012, 11:04 AM
notsureifsrs.

this has got to be a joke. pls kill yourself howard alone >>>>>>>> perk and ibaka

sdballer5588
10-05-2012, 11:26 AM

http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a458/sdballer5588/680qK4gq90m-cbOYoq42Ow2.gif

FGCHENG
10-05-2012, 11:29 AM
???
The only depth you have is at the 2.

Depth is when your 8th man can start on more than half the teams in the nba.

1. Ty Lawson/Andre Miller
2. Iguodala/Stone/Fournier
3. Gallinari/Chandler/Brewer/Hamilton
4. Faried/Randolph
5. Javale McGeek/ kosta goofus/ mozgov

Denver finally has an all-star on their team, and they are probably the deepest team in the league

remember depth =/= talent

sdballer5588
10-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Denver finally has an all-star on their team, and they are probably the deepest team in the league

remember depth =/= talent

From the guy touting Metta World Peace, Pau Gasol, And (40 year old)Steve Nash as members of the "goat starting 5"

What the hell is wrong with you.

FGCHENG
10-05-2012, 12:55 PM
From the guy touting Metta World Peace, Pau Gasol, And (40 year old)Steve Nash as members of the "goat starting 5"

What the hell is wrong with you.

I'm just being a realist. As talented as they are, they are not all-star quality. Pau Gasol might make it, but it's not a given.

FlabbyAndSick
06-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Apparently, Heat don't have any talent outside of Lebron.

CurryTech777
06-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Apparently, Heat don't have any talent outside of Lebron.

pretty sure a few of those players won a ring before lebron did

heat have more talent for that reason alone. No one on the lakers won a ring before kobe.

alphadodger
06-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Lebron needs more help

He is back to his cleveland days being surrounded by scrubs and talentless role players

-sports misc fanboy logic