PDA

View Full Version : Boxed Burgers

Stockmeister
10-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Bought some burgers to change it up a bit, chicken getting boring. Cals are 430 with 310 from fat.
2 questions- Is that the cals pre-cook? and if I'm grilling it and draining fat how much of those 310 calories of fat are retained? I'm assuming it must lose a large amount of it, but i don't really know how to go about calcing

determined4000
10-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Buy fresh meat from now on

Stockmeister
10-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Ya i usually do, just had these given to me and didn't know how to calc

AlwaysTryin
10-05-2012, 02:38 AM
Bought some burgers to change it up a bit, chicken getting boring. Cals are 430 with 310 from fat.
2 questions- Is that the cals pre-cook? and if I'm grilling it and draining fat how much of those 310 calories of fat are retained? I'm assuming it must lose a large amount of it, but i don't really know how to go about calcing

Are those macros on meat even possible?

blkbelt42
10-05-2012, 02:41 AM

of course. how can they be measuring the fat after you cook it?

Diddoo
10-05-2012, 03:10 AM
of course. how can they be measuring the fat after you cook it?

yes OP is a bit of a noob. He also wants to know how much of the fat (there is alot!) can be lost in the cooking process

OP you can also place the burgers on papertowels to further drain the fat cals. or just fit it in your macros

Celtic8Laoch
10-05-2012, 06:28 AM
I eat them from time to to, like once a week if even. Calories for a quarter pounder I bought recently were 215 per burger, put that bad boy in the george foreman and had a constant flow of fat going into the drip tray. Anyway yeah count the calories on the box as cooked, the fat, well that's kind of impossible to tell tbh.