PDA

View Full Version : If I were Giants....I'd be getting Melky ready for postseason

IShootCMen
10-01-2012, 11:45 PM
He's eligible to play...don't care the circumstances

He hit in the mid .300s and is an upgrade over the poverty OFs.

Giants dun goofed and will get knocked out in NLDS

TTexasTT
10-01-2012, 11:46 PM
No chit, Im getting really sick of all these "classy" moves

BenadrylBandit
10-02-2012, 12:06 AM
I don't know why they're acting like his production will change because he sat 50 games guy was on a straight tare doubt he would hurt them more then help them.

Dan916
10-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Melky never said goodbye, never apologized, or even talked to any players, he straight up left. And being gone 60 days you cannot expect someone to just pick up where they left off, especially off the juice where we know he's garbage. The Giants actually improved since he left, their success won't be due to Melky being there or not. He is not guaranteed to come back a .350 hitter. He's off his bike, has been away for 2 months, has a million things going through his head, left on bad terms, cost himself tens of millions of dollars, etc etc. The team is better with him gone.

I'm all for letting him try out next season though. Since he' wont cost $10 million dollars next year, Giants can get a steal if Melky keeps a glimmer of this years hitting into the next season. They already made one of the most lopsided, beneficial trades ever for him, mind as well try to milk him again for all he's worth now that he has zero leverage and everything to play for.

LostOne287
10-02-2012, 12:19 AM
ITT: we don't realize he won't be allowed to juice in the playoffs

SuburbanLegend
10-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Absolutely not.

First off, the Giants already have a bad enough reputation with steroid usage with Bonds even though we all know that every team in the league has had juicers.

Secondly, how good do you think he would be? The guy hasn't seen MLB pitching in 50 games and I have no idea what kind of shape he is in.

Thirdly, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Giants have been playing well without him. Why add him in? He could hurt the team, especially in the clubhouse.

Dan916
10-02-2012, 12:34 AM
ITT: we don't realize he won't be allowed to juice in the playoffs
Strength doesn't just disappear over night.

LostOne287
10-02-2012, 12:43 AM
Strength doesn't just disappear over night.

What strength? He had 11 home runs and 25 doubles when he got suspended. His inflated numbers were a product of an unsustainable babip, which he wouldn't be able to maintain without juice and after a month and a half layoff.

kyleTX
10-02-2012, 12:46 AM
why? they already have a WS MVP waiting to happen with Pence

a natty Melky = Aaron Rowand

taxe91
10-02-2012, 01:04 AM
they'd be bringing him back just in time to deal with his imminent regression, not a good idea

Dan916
10-02-2012, 01:28 AM
What strength? He had 11 home runs and 25 doubles when he got suspended. His inflated numbers were a product of an unsustainable babip, which he wouldn't be able to maintain without juice and after a month and a half layoff.

Are u saying a baseball player won't benefit from juicing 2 months ago? That's what it sounds like. As I stated I don't think he should return this year, but I doubt he's lost all his gainz. I mean **** id rather have Melky pinch hit than Aubrey-retired-in-2010-Huff. Melky's worth went down the toilet, so don't ditch him in 2013 imo. Nothing to lose.

SuburbanLegend
10-02-2012, 01:38 AM
Are u saying a baseball player won't benefit from juicing 2 months ago? That's what it sounds like. As I stated I don't think he should return this year, but I doubt he's lost all his gainz. I mean **** id rather have Melky pinch hit than Aubrey-retired-in-2010-Huff. Melky's worth went down the toilet, so don't ditch him in 2013 imo. Nothing to lose.

Nady, Sanchez, Arias. Good enough for me.

The Giants aren't going to take him back for clubhouse morale and public perception. He'll be a great pick up for someone though; probably have a really incentive heavy contract.

taxe91
10-02-2012, 02:00 AM

Melky's a perfectly fine option in terms of production, but I think it's the PR issues that will stop the giants from bringing him back

thefederalist
10-02-2012, 03:38 AM
Nady, Sanchez, Arias. Good enough for me.

The Giants aren't going to take him back for clubhouse morale and public perception. He'll be a great pick up for someone though; probably have a really incentive heavy contract.

lol, so i guess melky'll be back on the jooce next season then