somerandomguy1
09-30-2012, 08:09 PM
So far the past two years I've been using this for my post workout shake

6 strawberries
1 banana
1 scoop of whey isolate
half a cup of blueberries
a cup of almond milk

works out to be about 25grams of protein and 70 for carbs.

I read a sticky saying that carbs from fruits are bad for PWO but then there are people who seem to disagree. I'm trying to stick with non processed foods (personal pref) so if my smoothie is no ideal what is a reasonable food to swap in?

Thanks in advance.

doyoueveneat
09-30-2012, 08:18 PM
which sticky did you read that said fruit is bad for PWO? some stickies are outdated in other sections and such.

AlwaysTryin
09-30-2012, 08:41 PM
which sticky did you read that said fruit is bad for PWO? some stickies are outdated in other sections and such.

I assume he is referring to fructose = liver glycogen

VQ35DE
09-30-2012, 09:19 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123915821

somerandomguy1
09-30-2012, 11:53 PM
So as long as I hit my macros it's all relative? What if I workout before class or something that I need to be alert with? Would a simple vs complex sugar come into play more then?

VQ35DE
10-01-2012, 10:29 AM
When it comes to body composition, yes, daily is what matters. When it comes to performance in the gym (and outside it) it's really all personal preference. You have to find what works for you. If that shake you currently take makes you feel alert and fits in you're daily macros, your good. If eating pizza or ice cream makes you feel alert and fits in your daily macros, you're good. You see what I mean?

bunnydelacruz
10-01-2012, 11:10 AM
So far the past two years I've been using this for my post workout shake

6 strawberries
1 banana
1 scoop of whey isolate
half a cup of blueberries
a cup of almond milk

works out to be about 25grams of protein and 70 for carbs.

I read a sticky saying that carbs from fruits are bad for PWO but then there are people who seem to disagree. I'm trying to stick with non processed foods (personal pref) so if my smoothie is no ideal what is a reasonable food to swap in?

Thanks in advance.

ditch the shake, eat real food. it's a waste of a calories.

Iceman1800
10-01-2012, 11:22 AM
ditch the shake, eat real food. it's a waste of a calories.What?

bunnydelacruz
10-01-2012, 11:25 AM
What?

drinking calories, it's a waste to me. i prefer to eat my calories.

somerandomguy1
10-01-2012, 03:42 PM

Well I started having the smootie more because I'm usually super hot after a good workout and it cools me down. That and i'm trying to eat 3200 calories a day but currently can only manage 2700 so it helps me ease into eating more without stuffing my face. I can see everyones point though. I'm not really gaining any fat and still making muscle gains so i'll just keep eating right and training.

AlwaysTryin
10-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Your comment said eat real food. How does blending make bananas/strawberries etc not real food?