PDA

View Full Version : How to fix the NY Jets..

Sjas
09-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Well, how do you do that?

inb4 getting rid of Sanchez

3nt3r51l3nc3
09-30-2012, 05:02 PM
need to change the culture. clean house and beg Bill Cowher to stop holding out for the Giants job and become head coach.

NoWamSayin
09-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Get rid of tebow.
Get rid of holmes.
Gonna need a qb from what I've seen sanchez this season.

Lol I'd say a new change.

Gbpackback2back
09-30-2012, 05:06 PM
1. Get rid of rex ryan.
2. Change with the times and become a pass first offense.. Get rid of Sanchez
3. Get some Wr's
4. Get a RB that can run in more directions other than straight

Yank11
09-30-2012, 05:09 PM
New head coach, OC, and DC, new starting QB, new starting RB, 1 or 2 solid WRs, a right tackle that isn't a turn style, a dominant pass rushing de/olb

Tyler44
09-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Fire Rex Ryan
Get rid of Sanchez and Tebow, Holmes and all the drama players.

Start new culture.

GetBigyo
09-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Surprised no one's said get of the so called "genius" GM Jets fans claimed over the years.

Dude is terrible.

Fire him, rebuild, and first, get rid of Sanchize.

BuckNakedinBama
09-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Fire everyone. Yes including Revis. Start over.

liftTENhard
09-30-2012, 05:19 PM
hire me as head coach

roko79
09-30-2012, 05:36 PM
fire their dip**** GM who spends the offseason getting Tebow and not doing **** to get Sanchez any playmakers. Solidify the RT spot. Get a feature tailback. Sanchez isn't as bad as he looked today. Get someone besides Holmes that he can throw to.

Yank11
09-30-2012, 05:37 PM
i changed my mind...

trade all 52 players on the team for 52 6th rounds picks and hope to draft the next Brady

isp
09-30-2012, 05:43 PM
if sanchez was good we'd see it by now

next

Experiment42
09-30-2012, 06:25 PM
I feel bad for Tebow. There was a lockout in his first off season. He was benched after being told he was the starter, then was thrown in when the team was 1-4 and everyone felt the playoffs were out of reach. He took them to the playoffs, and beat the fukin Steelers. Then in the first offseason he actually gets to work on, he's dropped for a former great who's abilities are really unknown, he's a borderline cripple, and only has maybe 2 years left in his career.

Then he's sent to the Jets.

The Jets are like the place former college players who went into the car washing business go when they get fired for scratching some guy's paint job with their ACC/Big East conference championship rings.

That and circus acts.

I'd say let Tebow play because he can't do worse than Sanchize, and it's more entertaining watching him suck for 55 minutes and then random acts of god somehow let them win from 2 scores down with little time left.

ElMariachi
09-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Well, how do you do that?

inb4 getting rid of Sanchez

Fire Rex Ryan, get rid of Sanchez, blow up the team, only retaining the younger and better defensive players and Greene. Hire a real coach, suck it up for a few years, racking up top draft picks, build that defense up to beast status, ????, profit.

Nara62629
09-30-2012, 06:50 PM
draft barkley, move tebow to TE or FB.

gottk2x
09-30-2012, 06:53 PM
draft barkley, move tebow to TE or FB.

Barkley will be a horrible nfl qb

SpiderSense
Some good answers in here now lets go get some ****ing snacks.

folly412
1. Get rid of rex ryan.

New head coach

Fire Rex Ryan

Fire Rex Ryan, Hire a real coach

Yep. The guy's a clown and is the biggest problem. Get a football coach instead of an attention whore, then see which players give up the circus sideshow they get from Ryan and emulate a serious coach instead.

EaglesBrah10
09-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Rob someone by giving them Revis before he plays another game, to a team for 2 1st round picks + change.
Trade Tebow.
Trade Holmes
Draft a qb behind Sanchez for another year.
draft WR and pass rushers.
??????
profit

oh and fire rex ryan

eMan0n
re-locate to L.A.

GrecoRoman
dismantle the franchise (srs)

problem solved

jross2021
09-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Sign TO. Sign Jacory Harris. Trade for Lamar Miller.

sups31
09-30-2012, 07:01 PM
there's a lot needed before this team can be fixed.

lol @ all these phaggots ITT that don't know anything about this team

SteezeFactory
09-30-2012, 07:04 PM
I think this would be a good place to start:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uUcgafmA9qU/T6Xtw4QTgbI/AAAAAAAABnw/VobKuP6udrU/s1600/Explosion.jpg

jesusonaciid
09-30-2012, 07:21 PM
i love how everyone freaks after a horrible loss. are we forgetting that the jets didnt go deep in the playoffs a few years ago?

rex has had success with the jets. he is an elite defensive minded coach, however his offense is horrible... greene IS NOT a feature back in the nfl, Sanchez is an ok qb. look at what the niners did last year. harabough came in and made alex smith look like a top 10 qb. they just need better playcalling, and a few more offensive weapons.

tdnick
09-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Fire Rex Ryan
Cut any media attention whore

roko79
09-30-2012, 07:25 PM
i love how everyone freaks after a horrible loss. are we forgetting that the jets didnt go deep in the playoffs a few years ago?

rex has had success with the jets. he is an elite defensive minded coach, however his offense is horrible... greene IS NOT a feature back in the nfl, Sanchez is an ok qb. look at what the niners did last year. harabough came in and made alex smith look like a top 10 qb. they just need better playcalling, and a few more offensive weapons.

he's not an elite defensive mind, Revis fell into his lap and allowed him to cut the field in half to defend. If's he's such a great coach how come his team generates zero pass rush outside of blitzing.

GrecoRoman
09-30-2012, 07:26 PM

No, he's a fat dick jauron without revis or reed in his defensive backfield.

monsterBEN
09-30-2012, 07:37 PM
More ESPN coverage should fix the Jets...

CaliiforniaLove
09-30-2012, 08:04 PM
It pains me to say this as a Jets fan, but the more I watch them this year the more I get the sense that they have become the Knicks of the NFL. What I mean by this is that it has become increasingly clear that the Jets are just not a good organization top to bottom. The GM is generally good at managing the cap but is one of the worst in the NFL in terms of evaluating and obtaining talent. Not to mention guaranteeing money for Holmes (a locker room cancer+HIGHLY overrated receiver) and Hunter (the worst RT in football). Moves like these just make absolutely no sense. The lack of talent on the team is appalling, especially on offense. Everyone keeps waiting for Sanchez to have his "breakout year" and many thought the OC was the problem in past years, but the OC is gone now and it's pretty obvious Sanchez just isn't a good QB at all. He sucks. Greene is a mediocre RB at best and the Jets have no weapons at WR.

Coples gets a lot of **** but he's actually played great when he's been in for the Jets, defending the run well and being disruptive in pass rushing. The problem is for some reason or other the Coaches are giving him VERY limited playing time, it boggles my mind. He is impressive almost every snap he's in yet he plays something like 15% of the time. It's insane, the Jets are just a stupid organization.

qwerty1234566
09-30-2012, 08:06 PM
fire that fat phuck rex ryan.
develop a run game that does not suck.

waytoodeep03
10-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Get marcus vick as Qb

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/453491/71488674.jpg

DatDieselDoe
10-01-2012, 06:34 AM
top to bottom poorly-ran organization. i'm not even sure where you would start. that's probably the worst part about it as a Jets fan, you can't really point the finger in one direction because there's so many things wrong with this team. bad run game, bad passing game, bad offensive line, overrated defense, questionable head coach, bad GM.

Hengman
10-01-2012, 06:44 AM
I can't discredit Rex Ryan. He got them to the playoffs before and his first years there as head coach, the Jets were very good. Rex also got some of the best defensive guys drafted in and developed up well.

However, now, he is a joke just for keeping Sanchez in. Sanchez is a fluke. Why bring in Tebow and not use him? Is the Jets' run game even credible this year? I don't hear **** about the Jets anymore. A whole lot of things have to change for the Jets, but that's going to take time and a few lucky free agency wins.

AcesUp23
10-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Sanchez lookin like Kyle Orton, gross man... Etcneed to clean house from top to bottom.. Bill cower is a must..

Tannenbaum: good moves have been few and far between . Guy ain't splitting atoms. He need to go and HBO needs to be there we to see that smug wiped off his face.

iamgenus
10-01-2012, 07:11 AM
New coach is a must at this point. A guy like Rex is only good when the team is winning. Last year proved that the team stopped buying his garbage.

Players know if they have talent they can do whatever they want but at some point if you don't play as a team you get exposed and that's what happened.

Bring in a new coach and change the team mentality. That's #1

New qb is #2 it's like he's getting worse out there. Even when he makes the right read his accuracy is terrible. If your qb isn't putting up huge numbers then he should at least be careful with the ball and not hurt your team

Those are the clear top things. Sucks for the Jets that they're pretty important.

CurryTech777
10-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Fire everyone. Yes including Revis. Start over.

full retard. Get rid of the GM, he has traded up almost every draft costing the jets to have fewer and fewer picks. Why do you think they are spread so thin at corner? Every other team has half a dozen decent corners like you MUST have in this league. Rex ryan has proven he can coach defense so he can stay but he needs a GM who is all about keeping things in house, which will trickle down to the HC. The jets need to lose ALOT of games this season and go into full rebuild mode because not everyone can stay competitive every year. Sanchez is fine, he has the worst skill position players in the league. I would get a top10 pick, trade down and get a late 1st and second. draft WR/defensive player in the 1st, 1 o-linemen and 1 wr in the second. Get rid of tebow, and maybe holmes. Holmes just cannot be the #1 for this team

Hengman
10-01-2012, 07:53 AM
full retard. Get rid of the GM, he has traded up almost every draft costing the jets to have fewer and fewer picks. Why do you think they are spread so thin at corner? Every other team has half a dozen decent corners like you MUST have in this league. Rex ryan has proven he can coach defense so he can stay but he needs a GM who is all about keeping things in house, which will trickle down to the HC. The jets need to lose ALOT of games this season and go into full rebuild mode because not everyone can stay competitive every year. Sanchez is fine, he has the worst skill position players in the league. I would get a top10 pick, trade down and get a late 1st and second. draft WR/defensive player in the 1st, 1 o-linemen and 1 wr in the second. Get rid of tebow, and maybe holmes. Holmes just cannot be the #1 for this team

From what you are saying, I can imply and assume that you are saying Mark Sanchez needs good receivers in order for him to be good? That's exactly why Mark Sanchez isn't going to help the Jets out offensively. Why build around a guy who can't develop other players around him or utilize other players comfortably? Sanchez isn't comfortable out there and we can see it.

What the Jets need is a better O-line for both block rushing/passing. After that, they need a better system on the offense (take more risks, have plays that suit Sanchez more than what they have now, and utilize the run game more often). The Jets also need to have better personnel to some degree. All the Jets have to do is do what they did a couple of years ago where they were an elite team.

I do agree with the bull**** with how the Jets release players/draft picks season in and out. Either the Jets bring in veteran players and build chemistry around that (because the Pats did that and succeeded), or bring in a very young team that can develop quickly. This is why the Jets are going to need some time to get things figured out. I honestly do not see a turnaround season as of yet.

iamgenus
10-01-2012, 07:55 AM

You have a defensive coordinator for that. You have a whole team to work with not just the defense, besides even with Revis this defense hasn't exactly been striking fear into the hearts of offenses everywhere.

IMO there are 3 types of coaches.

1. The good coach - the guy who can make smart decisions, instills team unity, work ethic and brings out the best in his team, etc...

2. The flash in the pan guy - someone who can hype up a team and get them to play well for a year or a few if he has good talent in place but when things go bad he has no idea how to get out of the tail spin and then loses the team

3. The bad coach - just someone in way over their heads. Maybe a good coordinator that just rubs people the wrong way, someone who can't get the team to buy into their system or just has no idea how to operate a full team.

Rex is the flash in the pan guy.

AetasNitor
10-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Get a real RB who can do more than just up the gut for two yards at a time. Greene is terrible and his back ups are just as bad. So tired of seeing highlights with RBs actually able to make plays and then seeing Greene do virtually nothing over and over and over.

Better coaching to stop all the offensive penalties. Hate seeing holding calls on third down.

Get real receivers and TEs. Cumberland blows, DK is decent, but obviously nothing compared to the big bumbling retard that the division rival has.

Defense is better than it seems, they just get tired from being on the field so much after Sanchez goes three and out in 35 seconds.

Magically heal Pennington's shoulder.

CurryTech777
10-01-2012, 08:53 AM
From what you are saying, I can imply and assume that you are saying Mark Sanchez needs good receivers in order for him to be good? That's exactly why Mark Sanchez isn't going to help the Jets out offensively. Why build around a guy who can't develop other players around him or utilize other players comfortably? Sanchez isn't comfortable out there and we can see it.

What the Jets need is a better O-line for both block rushing/passing. After that, they need a better system on the offense (take more risks, have plays that suit Sanchez more than what they have now, and utilize the run game more often). The Jets also need to have better personnel to some degree. All the Jets have to do is do what they did a couple of years ago where they were an elite team.

I do agree with the bull**** with how the Jets release players/draft picks season in and out. Either the Jets bring in veteran players and build chemistry around that (because the Pats did that and succeeded), or bring in a very young team that can develop quickly. This is why the Jets are going to need some time to get things figured out. I honestly do not see a turnaround season as of yet.

Sanchez is a quality qb when you gameplan correctly for him and surround him with good personnel. There are only a few people in this league that can take average skill players to the playoffs, manning, brady and maybe brees. Look at the first two seasons, sanchez out played brady and big ben in the playoffs because they had a good gameplan. Give sanchez a running game, and see how well he does. His play action passes are some of the best, along with his bootleg capablities.

b0__JTBRaj4
i can think of 5/32 qbs that could make that play.

things that the "elite" jets team did correcrly
-play good defense, hold the opponent to less that 20 points
-run the ball to keep it away from brady
-keep it close until the fourth quarter then open up the playbook

this formula gives you 10+ wins a year

Bezzz
10-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Get rid of Ryan and dump the season and get Geno Smith.

iamgenus
10-01-2012, 09:00 AM
b0__JTBRaj4

you're kidding right?

Hengman
10-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Sanchez is a quality qb when you gameplan correctly for him and surround him with good personnel. There are only a few people in this league that can take average skill players to the playoffs, manning, brady and maybe brees. Look at the first two seasons, sanchez out played brady and big ben in the playoffs because they had a good gameplan. Give sanchez a running game, and see how well he does. His play action passes are some of the best, along with his bootleg capablities.

[youtube]b0__JTBRaj4[youtube]

This was my whole point. They should do what worked for them when they were elite. Make Sanchez comfortable because he's not ATM. However, it also proves that Sanchez is a weak player without a good system which isn't the ideal thing for a QB IMO. I also mentioned that the Jets need to run more often and more aggressive (they were known for this before) and have Sanchez use plays that he can do without many problems. One of the most absurd things that the Jets did was bring in another QB who started for another team, but for what? They don't utilize Tebow for anything. The problem with the Jets is that they have to be confused... The team is a mix up of players who are just thrown onto the field with a weak approach to their games. The roster is all over the place, the playcalling is stupid at times, and they try to do way more than they can handle at times.

Rex Ryan has to take his ego out of his ass because a loss like that to the 49ers was atrocious. Oh yeah, I would NEVER keep a game close with my adversaries... I rather win by a huge margin than have a team beat me last second.

schnappi
10-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Whatever happens, Rex has to go. I love him but he's lost the team. Bringing in Tebow was a huge mistake too, Sanchez doesn't have enough confidence in himself to deal with that nonsense. Trade Tebow or Sanchez, fire Rex, bring in a disciplinarian coach and they could have something going.

Murph0408
10-01-2012, 09:21 AM
i agree with most posts in here, entire culture of the organization is no good. they seem just as focused (if not more) on getting ATTENTION than getting wins. i'm not impressed by anybody on offense. matching up their skill positions with almost every other team in the NFL is a joke. losing revis just screwed up their defense beyond repair for this season IMO. the whole tebow thing is silly and did nothing but stir up drama and give everyone a headache.

how to fix? i'd start as high as i could and probably make the change at GM

Hengman
10-01-2012, 09:23 AM
In b4 Rex Ryan is fired and his twin brother gets hired lol

bdub69
10-01-2012, 09:28 AM
fire everyone from the GM down. then, find a top notch GM to run things.

Nikhiln25
10-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Surprised no one's said get of the so called "genius" GM Jets fans claimed over the years.

Dude is terrible.

Fire him, rebuild, and first, get rid of Sanchize.

Totally agree. The first step is change at the top. We need people who are man enough to realize we aren't great team.

Experiment42
10-01-2012, 10:10 AM
I think Tebow would be a good fix for the Jets right now. They seriously lack ball security right now, and ball security was what made Tebow so great at Denver.

You think it was a coincidence that Tebow started playing and Denver's defense did better? It wasn't. He had something like 0 turnovers until that rut they got into at the end of the season. The defense worked with the best average starting field position out of all the teams in the nfl. Then the run game got a huge boost, they were best in the league, because Tebow could run the option and it gave the Broncos better top.

I see no reason not to pull Sanchez, so you have nothing to lose by putting Tebow in.