PDA

View Full Version : Gaspari: Glycofuse vs Vitargo

namean
09-23-2012, 07:51 PM
I use Vitargo & it is great.
Is Glycofuse up to the standards as Vitargo?
Any studies done in comparison of the two side by side?

PuZo
09-23-2012, 09:31 PM
All dextrose or dextrose equivalents will do the same. For bodybuilding it has a very narrow essentially insignificant impact on glycogen stores, in the sense that, it isn't needed and doesn't provide a benefit.

For extreme endurance events I would probably go with whatever gives you less GI distress.

|ceman
09-24-2012, 07:27 AM
I use Vitargo & it is great.
Is Glycofuse up to the standards as Vitargo?
Any studies done in comparison of the two side by side?

The gastric emptying in Glycofuse is amazingly great. Even better than many popular sports drinks. This has to do with not only the carb source but also the balance of electrolytes. Leaves you refreshed and ready to go.

http://imgs.gasparinutrition.com/prods/glycofuse_chart.jpg

When you are working out, what is the worst thing that can happen after you take a few sips of water or any other intraworkout drink? Cramps. Nothing can kill a workout faster than some rib thumping cramps. Because of this, intelligently formulated 'sports drinks should have a verified osmolarity which is a key indicator of how fast it can clear the stomach, thus potentially avoiding cramps.

The Gaspari Nutrition R&D Team is acutely aware of this which is why they developed Osm Technology. This 'new way' of looking at carbohydrate drinks utilizes a proprietary method of tuning the electrolytes in solution with pure cyclic dextrin to get an optimal osmolality (mOsm). Remember, lower osmolality = faster gastric clearance.

To be real, we knew full well we had to have a lower osmolarity than our competition. So, we spent the money and had our entire competitor products tested at a 3rd party laboratory to see where we stood. With some fine tuning using Osm Technology, Glycofuse is confirmed to have an outstanding osmolality compared to just about every product on the market, including the biggest brands out there.

AlecGaspari
09-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Also just an FYI that all flavors of GLYCOFUSE were designed to be stacked with Aminolast. Combining the two is freakin delicious... strawberry kiwi is what i've tried so far, and the stuff was amazing.

Big_Spaz
09-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Also just an FYI that all flavors of GLYCOFUSE were designed to be stacked with Aminolast. Combining the two is freakin delicious... strawberry kiwi is what i've tried so far, and the stuff was amazing.

This is the exact reason why I'm switching over to Glycofuse. The flavoring is excellent!

-Spaz

lordakhenulv
09-24-2012, 01:43 PM
All dextrose or dextrose equivalents will do the same. For bodybuilding it has a very narrow essentially insignificant impact on glycogen stores, in the sense that, it isn't needed and doesn't provide a benefit.

For extreme endurance events I would probably go with whatever gives you less GI distress.

Out of curiosity whats your take on Gylcemix? Sorry to derail

namean
09-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Also just an FYI that all flavors of GLYCOFUSE were designed to be stacked with Aminolast. Combining the two is freakin delicious... strawberry kiwi is what i've tried so far, and the stuff was amazing.I mixed the Glycofuse Kiwistrawberry with my Sizeon wild berry punch & DELISH!

BlueRev
09-24-2012, 02:05 PM
The gastric emptying in Glycofuse is amazingly great. Even better than many popular sports drinks. This has to do with not only the carb source but also the balance of electrolytes. Leaves you refreshed and ready to go.

http://imgs.gasparinutrition.com/prods/glycofuse_chart.jpg
Just got mine in the mail today!
Don't let me down ice :P

GetRippedInc
09-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Someone explain why anyone would buy Vitargo ever??? That company has like a 2,500,000% profit margin on that stuff

namean
09-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Someone explain why anyone would buy Vitargo ever??? That company has like a 2,500,000% profit margin on that stufflol i got a huge deal on it for a big tub.
Bought it in April & I still have about half a tub. :)

deserusan
09-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Someone explain why anyone would buy Vitargo ever??? That company has like a 2,500,000% profit margin on that stuff

Personally I've always liked Vitargo and respect the research that has gone into it over the years. It certainly helped influence Glycofuse when looking for a great carb source with good research.

GetRippedInc
09-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Personally I've always liked Vitargo and respect the research that has gone into it over the years. It certainly helped influence Glycofuse when looking for a great carb source with good research.
Not at the price they ask for it....

PuZo
09-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Out of curiosity whats your take on Gylcemix? Sorry to derail

It's a good carb source... Much better than dextrose for obvious reasons. It's almost an actual food.

deserusan
09-25-2012, 07:49 PM

Cyclic dextrin is proven to increase time to failure vs dextrose in a double blinded placebo controlled trial with a crossover in Olympic athletes as well decreasing GI distress in untrained athletes who are more susceptible to cramping. Bodybuilding isn't just about rapid or enhanced glycogen loading when it comes to the use of carbs like this. We have quite a few athletes on this and outside of anecdotal rave reviews by all athletes from all genres, the clinical data done by the Japanese vs. dextrose is hard to ignore.

DoitsuJin
09-25-2012, 08:08 PM
was just about to mention that vitargo is a big thing in japan.

XCriticalBenchX
09-25-2012, 09:08 PM
I was looking for a carb source for my show.. went ahead and bought glycomax by SPP. How does this compare? I am using this for a carb load for 2 shows, Oct 27 and Nov 3. Send me a tub, and I'll do a comparison review, i use 1 for each show :D

Mike

PuZo
09-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Cyclic dextrin is proven to increase time to failure vs dextrose in a double blinded placebo controlled trial with a crossover in Olympic athletes as well decreasing GI distress in untrained athletes who are more susceptible to cramping. Bodybuilding isn't just about rapid or enhanced glycogen loading when it comes to the use of carbs like this. We have quite a few athletes on this and outside of anecdotal rave reviews by all athletes from all genres, the clinical data done by the Japanese vs. dextrose is hard to ignore.

In what context would one need extremely fast-absorbing carbohydrates?

Competitive sports? Yes.

Multiple training events a day? Yes.

A typical bodybuilding split with adequate rest? No.

PhiberOptik
09-25-2012, 09:21 PM
In what context would one need extremely fast-absorbing carbohydrates?

Competitive sports? Yes.

Multiple training events a day? Yes.

A typical bodybuilding split with adequate rest? No.so what you're saying is this carb supplement, isn't targeted at bodybuilders? YES

isn't that a smart move by gaspari? yes

shouldn't every company aim at a higher target market? yes

thank god your sig says that your opinions are your own. would look bad for a company that you would rep for.

D3Baseball
09-25-2012, 09:57 PM

Interesting. Do you have links for this? Sources in the writeup?

CumGranoSalis
09-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Nothing special about this Cluster DextrinŽ. It's offered by a Japanese confectionery company (Ezaki Glico) and has been around for over a decade. Personally, I don't believe there is any science to support its use in most athletes. As far as I'm aware, there are only two published studies;

1) in mice showing it increases swimming performance compared to water and glucose. Interestingly, Cluster Dextrin resulted in quicker gastric emptying but absorption was delayed compared to glucose.
2) in ten healthy volunteers Cluster Dextrin increased gastric emptying compared to other carbohydrate solutions. The relevance of this is unknown.

Both studies were funded and conducted by this Japanese company and there are no independent studies to support its use. Also neither of the studies measured relevant endpoints in humans (i.e. performance benefits)

Just my fair $0.02 :)

Big_Spaz
09-26-2012, 09:46 AM

I completely agree. I've always felt the same way about Vitargo. Sure the price tag was always a bit high, but I used it for the most part because I respected the research and science behind it and really it was the best on the market for it's category. If there is one product I would have loved to see another reputable brand carry, and carry at a great price it was this (like Glycofuse). It's easily going to be a staple for me from now.

-Spaz

Max32
11-23-2012, 06:43 PM
The stuff rocks! Been using it during my weight workouts with 40-50 grams of peptopro, and depending on bodypart trained, I take in anywhere from 75-150 grams of it... zero stomach distress, bloating or cramping, and no residue left on side of half gallon jug which is the case with karbolyn, vitargo (need a spoon), or karbolic...

Zachattack43
11-24-2012, 02:45 PM
The stuff rocks! Been using it during my weight workouts with 40-50 grams of peptopro, and depending on bodypart trained, I take in anywhere from 75-150 grams of it... zero stomach distress, bloating or cramping, and no residue left on side of half gallon jug which is the case with karbolyn, vitargo (need a spoon), or karbolic...

Sounds like a hell of a stack. Thanks for the input.

JewelJensen
08-04-2014, 10:48 AM
What flavor of the gyco are you adding to the aminolast?

Zachattack43
08-04-2014, 01:21 PM
What flavor of the gyco are you adding to the aminolast?

I personally go with Unflavored with Aminolast and my post workout. It is very easily masked.

nbfootball65
08-04-2014, 01:24 PM
I like Gaspari Nutrition GlycoFuse Strawberry Kiwi 30 Servings

kissdadookie
08-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Mango twist. Duh.