PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter linked to salmonella cases.

Nathan1
02-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Here's the link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17155561/

This really pisses me off. I've been eating Great Value for some time, wife just checked our 1 oz. from empty big jar(have plenty of other full ones-same number) and sure enough the numbers match those that have been recalled. I've been feeding this to my daughter too. Then the asses have the nerve to ask me to return the lids 200 miles away for a $4 refund. Pah! :mad: Just idiots...won't be buying from them again.

[/rant]

slaydox
02-15-2007, 11:05 AM
yea i already posted this, nobody cares =( i thought itd be big news to.

P.S do you eat the great value from walmart? Thats what ieat and i have the one with 2111 on it O_O lol im not worried though

iountcare
02-15-2007, 11:06 AM
thanks for the heads up, I don't eat that brand but with all the peanut butter lovers here, you can bet some of there peanut butter is effected.

ebes22
02-15-2007, 11:45 AM
i'm 1/2 way through a jar that starts with 2111... haven't got sick yet, so might as well finish it off! mmmmm... peanut butter..

punksurfer024
02-15-2007, 11:53 AM
i killed almost the entire jar, saw it today and checked and of course 2111

ddawg91
02-15-2007, 02:38 PM
I eat the Great Value myself!

slaydox
02-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Walmart has stated it will exchange all peanut butter with the numbers starting with 2111. Im going right now to get me new jar of peanut butter =D

Luski16
02-15-2007, 03:18 PM
slaydox im really glad that you posted that warning about the salmonella yesterday. Now my brother is younger than me and we generally don't have similiar intrests in just about anything, but today i was in the kitchen making my breakfast when my brother stumbles from his room and starts to make his breakfast. For breakfast he always makes a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He pulls the jar of peanut butter down from the cabinet and i noticed instantly that it was great value. Instantly remembering about the post that slaydox made, i told him that if he eats it, he will die. He looked at me all puzzled and then i told him about the salmonella (not that he knows what it is) and then told him he could get sick if he gets salmonella. So i told him to try my smuckers natural peanut butter, and he did....and he liked it! Haha i was pretty suprised that he liked it, but he said he did and wants me to pick him up a jar for himself when i go shopping. I'm pretty sure the only reason he really liked it was because he made the sandwich with white bread and full sugar grape jelly...who wouldn't like it? Haha but nonetheless slaydox, you helped me help my brother make a smarter choice in peanut butter haha thanks man.

slaydox
02-15-2007, 03:38 PM
slaydox im really glad that you posted that warning about the salmonella yesterday. Now my brother is younger than me and we generally don't have similiar intrests in just about anything, but today i was in the kitchen making my breakfast when my brother stumbles from his room and starts to make his breakfast. For breakfast he always makes a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He pulls the jar of peanut butter down from the cabinet and i noticed instantly that it was great value. Instantly remembering about the post that slaydox made, i told him that if he eats it, he will die. He looked at me all puzzled and then i told him about the salmonella (not that he knows what it is) and then told him he could get sick if he gets salmonella. So i told him to try my smuckers natural peanut butter, and he did....and he liked it! Haha i was pretty suprised that he liked it, but he said he did and wants me to pick him up a jar for himself when i go shopping. I'm pretty sure the only reason he really liked it was because he made the sandwich with white bread and full sugar grape jelly...who wouldn't like it? Haha but nonetheless slaydox, you helped me help my brother make a smarter choice in peanut butter haha thanks man.

Glad i could help =D
I bought new PB today. I picked up the skippy's natural and wow it tatse good. Next time im trying the smuckers. I didnt see the smuckers natural chunky so i got the natural skippy. How does the smuckers taste?

fates_child03
02-15-2007, 04:05 PM
the natural smuckers taste great. Nice job slay btw you helped someone make a better nutritional decision even if it wasnt intentional thats style points. :)

Nathan1
02-15-2007, 07:17 PM
this has been going on awhile too, i found a 6+ month old tub with 2111 on it. :eek:

I use Great Value. There are sales on it like once a month so we jump on the sales.

Richie_Awesome
02-15-2007, 07:44 PM
this has been going on awhile too, i found a 6+ month old tub with 2111 on it. :eek:

I use Great Value. There are sales on it like once a month so we jump on the sales.

lolz, 6 months of death justified by a recall :D

StxNas
02-15-2007, 07:49 PM
It wasn't just Great Value though and the recall actually goes back as far as 9 months: "Nearly 300 people in 39 states have fallen ill since August, and federal health investigators said they strongly suspect Peter Pan peanut butter and certain batches of Wal-Mart’s Great Value house brand — both manufactured by ConAgra Foods Inc."