PDA

View Full Version : STEAK--Am I getting the RIGHT nutrition in?!

xblazin
09-15-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm currently aiming to lose that last bit off at on my body and get lean. I'm on a strict nutrition plan now but I cant help to add in certain foods that I really love. I was hoping that instead of just eating chicken 2x a day I can add in some sirloin steak since I really love beef. What do you guys think? Heres my nutrition plan as of now:

7am - 4 egg whites with spinach and green peppers w/ a side of oatmeal with blueberries
9 a.m. - Handful of natural almonds, peanut butter with whole wheat bread, and on some days handful of smartfood white popcorn :)
10:15a.m. - WORKOUT
11:45a.m. - Myofusion probiotic with oatmeal
2:30p.m. - 4-5oz lean chicken with handful of spinach and 4 tablespoons brown rice
5:30 p.m. - Same real as above but with blueberries as well
8p.m. - 3 celery sticks with 2 tablespoons peanut butter (on some days i replace with a protein shake)

I was hoping that on my second chicken meal of the day I replace the chicken with steak every now and then. I'm trying to lean out and gain muscle while losing that extra fat. The above nutrition plan varies on some days where I do doubles but its a rough sketch.

Do you think my plan above includes enough protein for my day to lean out? I'm 160 lbs at 5"7 so I try to get in as much protein as I can.

Feedback welcomed!

MulattoRance
09-15-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm currently aiming to lose that last bit off at on my body and get lean. I'm on a strict nutrition plan now but I cant help to add in certain foods that I really love. I was hoping that instead of just eating chicken 2x a day I can add in some sirloin steak since I really love beef. What do you guys think? Heres my nutrition plan as of now:

7am - 4 egg whites with spinach and green peppers w/ a side of oatmeal with blueberries
9 a.m. - Handful of natural almonds, peanut butter with whole wheat bread, and on some days handful of smartfood white popcorn :)
10:15a.m. - WORKOUT
11:45a.m. - Myofusion probiotic with oatmeal
2:30p.m. - 4-5oz lean chicken with handful of spinach and 4 tablespoons brown rice
5:30 p.m. - Same real as above but with blueberries as well
8p.m. - 3 celery sticks with 2 tablespoons peanut butter (on some days i replace with a protein shake)

I was hoping that on my second chicken meal of the day I replace the chicken with steak every now and then. I'm trying to lean out and gain muscle while losing that extra fat. The above nutrition plan varies on some days where I do doubles but its a rough sketch.

Do you think my plan above includes enough protein for my day to lean out? I'm 160 lbs at 5"7 so I try to get in as much protein as I can.

Feedback welcomed!

What matters at the end of the day is that you hit your calorie deficit and your macros. Beyond that, you can fit in whatever you want. Practically speaking, in your case, replacing chicken with steak would mean you are getting some extra fat that you wouldn't have before, so you may have to take some fat (or some something) away somewhere else. Just make sure you stay in your deficit and get adequate protein/fat!

You may have read it already, but there's a sticky at the top of this forum called "Calculating Calorie Needs and Macronutrients" - check it out, if you haven't!