PDA

View Full Version : Ive messed the tendon in my hand, should I do a cut?

mcc0y
09-15-2012, 02:12 AM
I have never done a cut before. Ive built up quite a bit of muscle but I was planning on doing my first cut next year. Now that I have hurt my hand and wont be able to work out for a few weeks, is it a good idea to start cutting? As you can see from my picture im very lean while bulking because of my metabolism, so it wouldnt take me long to get into single digit body fat.

Any suggestions about what to do in general when you're injured like this?

THElabCHIMP
09-15-2012, 02:22 AM
if you can't train to gain, how do you expect to train to maintain?

mcc0y
09-15-2012, 02:24 AM
if you can't train to gain, how do you expect to train to maintain?

So what do you suggest? The position im in, obviously isn't desirable, but I have got to deal with it.

gbullock32
09-15-2012, 03:05 AM
So what do you suggest? The position im in, obviously isn't desirable, but I have got to deal with it.

I'd say eat a maintenance, if you eat under what you need while not lifting you will lose more muscle mass. Try to preserve what you have until you can lift again, then work on cutting or bulking (whatever your goals at the time are).

mcc0y
09-15-2012, 03:29 AM
I'd say eat a maintenance, if you eat under what you need while not lifting you will lose more muscle mass. Try to preserve what you have until you can lift again, then work on cutting or bulking (whatever your goals at the time are).

ok thx mate, i will do that

SOJA
09-15-2012, 04:03 AM
Eat at maintenance. You should be fine within 2 weeks. I injured both hands last week and I'm almost fine now. Wear a wrist wrap or something to reduce friction on the inflamed tendons. And ice a lot.