PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding creatine, protein powder and food

WorkingTheDoors
09-14-2012, 05:25 AM
I understand that I need to consume 1 gallon of water per day in order for the creatine to work, effectively. So, my goal is to drink 6 litres of water per day. Question is, at which point do I need to consume the water? Does the water already need to be in my body > then take creatine? Or should I take creatine and then water?

Also, are baked potatoes good for cutting? I'm in a deficit but I've heard that regardless of the amount of calories within a baked potato - they aren't good for cutting?

I'm doing a cut/muscle gain routine - I'm a noobie and consuming around 2,300 calories per day in order to shed fat and build a little noob-gain muscle.

Oh, also, my protein shake tastes revolting - it took me four hours to drink 300ml of it. Can I put the powder in my mouth and wash it down with water? Same with creatine?

Bolded the questions out.

layarph
09-14-2012, 05:54 AM
I understand that I need to consume 1 gallon of creatine per day in order for the creatine to work, effectively. So, my goal is to drink 6 litres of water per day. Question is, at which point do I need to consume the water? Does the water already need to be in my body > then take creatine? Or should I take creatine and then water?

Also, are baked potatoes good for cutting? I'm in a deficit but I've heard that regardless of the amount of calories within a baked potato - they aren't good for cutting?

I'm doing a cut/muscle gain routine - I'm a noobie and consuming around 2,300 calories per day in order to shed fat and build a little noob-gain muscle.

Oh, also, my protein shake tastes revolting - it took me four hours to drink 300ml of it. Can I put the powder in my mouth and wash it down with water? Same with creatine?

Bolded the questions out.

Honestly man, your questions always really do make it seem like you're trolling. They're just about feasible enough for me to answer you, every time.

1 gallon of creatine? Next question. When do you consume the water if you're taking creatine? Next question.

Baked potatoes? Any food is fine when cutting.

Protein shake? Buy a different flavour.

PMW
09-14-2012, 05:57 AM
not sure if srs when said "1 gallon of creatine" you most likely meant water? amirite or r u just trollin?

coynemoney
09-14-2012, 06:23 AM
lol

WorkingTheDoors
09-14-2012, 06:27 AM
Honestly man, your questions always really do make it seem like you're trolling. They're just about feasible enough for me to answer you, every time.

1 gallon of creatine? Next question. When do you consume the water if you're taking creatine? Next question.

Baked potatoes? Any food is fine when cutting.

Protein shake? Buy a different flavour.

Sorry man, I meant 1 gallon of water with the creatine. I'm taking 4 scoops x 5 g per day. Do I need to have already consumed the 1 gallon of water per day before taking the creatine or do I take the creatine and just drink as normal?

Also, can I just put the powder of the creatine/protein powder in my mouth and wash it down with water?

layarph
09-14-2012, 06:44 AM
Sorry man, I meant 1 gallon of water with the creatine. I'm taking 4 scoops x 5 g per day. Do I need to have already consumed the 1 gallon of water per day before taking the creatine or do I take the creatine and just drink as normal?

I think you ask silly questions and use no common sense (no offence) ;)

You don't need to load. 3-5g per day is enough

Also, can I just put the powder of the creatine/protein powder in my mouth and wash it down with water?

Well creatine is odourless, so I would imagine that would be worse. but yes, you can.

Buy a different protein powder ... the practicality of putting 25-50g of powder in your mouth, and then washing it down separately is absolutely ridiculous ... you realise you're paying money to do that?

rdbgator
09-14-2012, 06:44 AM

First off, too much creatine. You only need 3-5 grams daily, doesn't matter how or when you take it. Just drink plenty of water throughout the day. In addition, you can take your protein however you want, but I would suggest a better tasting protein powder. There are tons of great flavors available.

MNTiburon
09-14-2012, 07:05 AM
Skip protein powders and eat whole foods instead.

WorkingTheDoors
09-14-2012, 07:08 AM
I think you ask silly questions and use no common sense (no offence) ;)

You don't need to load. 3-5g per day is enough

Well creatine is odourless, so I would imagine that would be worse. but yes, you can.

Buy a different protein powder ... the practicality of putting 25-50g of powder in your mouth, and then washing it down separately is absolutely ridiculous ... you realise you're paying money to do that?

The powder itself smells great, the flavour (double choc) sounds good.. just when I mix it with water it makes me gag, so I'll have to just put some powder in my mouth per day > wash it down with water until I run out.

MNTiburon
09-14-2012, 08:25 AM
The powder itself smells great, the flavour (double choc) sounds good.. just when I mix it with water it makes me gag, so I'll have to just put some powder in my mouth per day > wash it down with water until I run out.

Or you could mix it with a liquid you enjoy like milk, soymilk, almond milk, etc. I've never heard of anyone eating the powder and chasing it with water. Sounds disgusting.

rasposporous
09-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Also, can I just put the powder of the creatine/protein powder in my mouth and wash it down with water?[/QUOTE]

Powder in your mouth? What the F....are you actually saying these words?

Nexxus
09-14-2012, 02:58 PM

Powder in your mouth? What the F....are you actually saying these words?[/QUOTE]

LOL, I remember back when I first arrived in college one night I went out and then we came back, and this complete idiot who obviously wasn't lifting right, well we were chillin in his dorm and then he's like ''man I need some ****in protein so the alcohol doesn't ruin my muscles'' (of which he had none), and then he friggen grabbed a scoop of protein and shoved it straight into his mouth and then everyone was just laughing out loud so hard it was hilarious lmao

yeah just wanted to share...