PDA

View Full Version : Am I overtraining/not eating enough carbs?

HipsterPat
09-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi,

I've recently started a weight loss journey. I started the first 5 weeks with moderate intensity exercise and have lost a modest 15 pounds. This past Monday, I have started a higher intensity regimen. However, I am starting to feel too sick to exercise, very sore, and have no energy. I think it's because I'm not eating enough carbs, or I'm cutting my calories too low. Right now, I'm about 225 and I aim to eat around 2,000 cal a day. Below is my meal plan. Am I not eating enough, exercising too much, or am just sick?

Breakfast: 6 egg whites, salsa, apple

Lunch: chicken salad with vegetables and peanut butter.

Post workout protein powder.

Dinner: Another chicken salad or something similar with vegetables and peanut butter.

I got fat from eating too many carbs, good and bad, and by not exercising, so I'm scared to add carbs responsibly to my diet. Also, I do like the Paleo type of living.

Thanks,

Pat

saresky
09-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Yes

MAGnitude
09-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi,

I've recently started a weight loss journey. I started the first 5 weeks with moderate intensity exercise and have lost a modest 15 pounds. This past Monday, I have started a higher intensity regimen. However, I am starting to feel too sick to exercise, very sore, and have no energy. I think it's because I'm not eating enough carbs, or I'm cutting my calories too low. Right now, I'm about 225 and I aim to eat around 2,000 cal a day. Below is my meal plan. Am I not eating enough, exercising too much, or am just sick?

Breakfast: 6 egg whites, salsa, apple

Lunch: chicken salad with vegetables and peanut butter.

Post workout protein powder.

Dinner: Another chicken salad or something similar with vegetables and peanut butter.

I got fat from eating too many carbs, good and bad, and by not exercising, so I'm scared to add carbs responsibly to my diet. Also, I do like the Paleo type of living.

Thanks,

Pat

probably a combination of both. and no you dont get fat from eating carbs, you get fat by eating excess calories.

HipsterPat
09-13-2012, 11:44 AM
probably a combination of both. and no you dont get fat from eating carbs, you get fat by eating excess calories.

... okay.. i got fat because i was depressed and ate TOO MANY carbs and fats, mostly from processed sources. But my goal is to be be 195 by Jan 11. Reachable. I'd like to be in shape, too, by thanksgiving. Right now I'm doing p90x until I'm confident enough with my progress to go to my old gym