PDA

View Full Version : Mostly Liquid Diet

Jay98
09-11-2012, 08:33 PM
What would be the outcome of a diet mostly made of liquids and suppliments. Protien drinks, oils for fat, and juices for carbs? Just something I have been wondering about. Suppliments would be bcaa's, multi vitamin, Iron, among other bodybuilding suppliments.

ThousandEyes
09-11-2012, 08:38 PM
stupidity...why would you ever try that unless you got mouth surgery and couldn't eat food.

Jay98
09-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Easier to pack rations for a long hunting trip. A whole. Plus I was just curious.

FeralBeast
09-11-2012, 08:47 PM
i get half my calories from liquid (2% milk)

srs.

Jay98
09-11-2012, 08:48 PM
How many calories would that be? How much milk do you drink a day?

VQ35DE
09-11-2012, 09:14 PM
You won't be getting enough fiber. Also, my guess is you'd be pissing out both ends.

xXenkiXx
09-11-2012, 11:21 PM
I've been drinking 3/4 a gallon of chocolate milk a day for a few months now, both plain and with protein/mass gainers. It helps me reach my macros and I'm in good health. Taking orange triad and fish oil to help supplement. I'll still eat 2000+ calories a day of solid food, but reaching 4500 calories a day is too hard to do without milk. Also helping with protein.

If you're doing this for a short-term hunting trip I'd imagine your body can handle it fine, but be prepared to be peeing a lot.

Jay98
09-12-2012, 07:06 AM
You won't be getting enough fiber. Also, my guess is you'd be pissing out both ends.
Why would you need fiber?

ThousandEyes
09-12-2012, 07:10 AM
Why would you need fiber?

To take a ****

layarph
09-12-2012, 07:14 AM
In terms of body composition, the same thing when comparing a "clean" diet to a "dirty" diet; as long as you hit your macros, it will make no difference.

Having said that, you will be pissing constantly as stated above. Not enough fiber for sufficient digestion movements within your body. And (I believe I will assume for you) you will never feel satisfied (nobody could find protein drinks more satisfying than a nice whole meal). Also, regardless of the multi, you won't get the same value of micronutrient suffiency as you would with a whole, unprocessed food diet.

Supplements are just intended as their titles suggests, to supplement your whole food diet. Approaching them as your main source should only be when you have an ED (struggle to eat food) or you cannot physically eat whole food due to some form of pain or surgery.

If I wanted to miss out on micronutrients, piss constantly, never feel full and never feel satisfied via ingestion, then an supplement-only diet sounds like a great way to go for me.