PDA

View Full Version : Syria: Bombardment of the Yarmouk Palestinian refugee camp - zero f**ks given.

ZioBot
09-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Liveblogging events in Syria Friday, The Guardian [spit] reported:

Whole neighbourhoods have been destroyed in the last 24 hours in the bombardment of the Yarmouk Palestinian camp [in Damascus], according to an activist in the area.

Speaking to the Guardian, Mahmoud Nasar, said:

Since last night Yarmouk has become a target for Syria military rockets. They bombed Yarmouk from Qassum mountain. There are a lot of casualties because it was a civilian neighbourhood that was bombed. We have the names of ten people who died, and around 70 or 75 wounded. All of them are civilians.

In a call interrupted by the sound of a shell landing, he added: “We have never seen shelling like this before. They used very big mortars. I saw one of the explosions, it was very very strong. A building with two floors came down.”

Nasar speculated that the government was trying to clear the area to attack Free Syrian Army positons in neighbouring districts.

I can assure your that there are no Free Syrian Army soldiers in Yarmouk.

The regime targeted Yarmouk to send a message to the Palestinian refugees and Syrians that there is no safe place – and we can get you where ever you are.

Today about 25 bombs have landed on Yarmouk and have destroyed whole neighbourhoods. They bombed Ja’ouneh Street [scene of shelling of last month].

We think the regime wants to clear this neighbourhood between Yarmouk and Tadamon [to the north-east]. We are talking about 1km [square], because the Free Syrian Army is very strong in Tadamon and Hajar al-Aswad [to the south see map bellow]. They want to use Yarmouk.

When the bombs and rockets came down all the houses in Yarmouk shook.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/middle-east-live/2012/sep/07/syria-crisis-eu-talks-live#block-5049ff4bc0e312b4deaa44da

Anyone hear about this, i'd especially like to see how the many Palestinian solidarity groups reacted to this news.

JFizzle23
09-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Strong government bombing civilians...pathetic world we live in nowadays.

ZioBot
09-10-2012, 01:22 AM
any advance on the 1 f**k given?

Weightaholic
09-10-2012, 01:23 AM
If it can't be used to attack Israel, not s single fck is given. We all know that.