PDA

View Full Version : I have a massive rib cage!

Tomsolomon111
09-07-2012, 02:33 PM
I have a massive rib cage, and that it is going to take years to get pecs big enough to start hanging over the top of it! I feel like I'm deformed!

Corbi
09-07-2012, 02:35 PM
No avi+ no pics= no comment.

Tomsolomon111
09-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Yea sorry!
Upper chest is coming along nicely, but still no definition in the lower chest! I can feel the ridges down there, still too much fat though. But still only sticking out about a cm past my rib cage!

Trankuility
09-07-2012, 02:42 PM
It's the nipple ring. It's throwing off your ribcages' center of balance.

Tomsolomon111
09-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Maybe I should get the other side done to balance it out!

Guinea-pig
09-07-2012, 02:52 PM
I have a massive rib cage, and that it is going to take years to get pecs big enough to start hanging over the top of it! I feel like I'm deformed!

There's nothing wrong with having a massive rib cage Arnold and Lou had one I'd love to have one myself.

MecGen
09-07-2012, 02:54 PM

you look pretty much normal to me...

ljimd
09-07-2012, 03:17 PM
You ain't deformed. Keep liftin'.

ArchAngel'73
09-07-2012, 03:59 PM
You ain't deformed. Keep liftin'.

Why are you lying to him like that??
I've never seen anything so horrible and misfigured.

:D

Zjunky
09-20-2012, 10:17 PM

Not to be insulting, but you really don't. It looks entirely normal.

Will it take years to get good pec development? Hate to be a wet blanket, but quite possibly. But you may be amazed at the difference in appearance by dropping fat significantly.

Juggertha
09-21-2012, 01:30 AM
I think mine is bigger than yours.... seriously.

People often mistake it for a pot belly it sticks out so much. I'd like to say it's like Arnold's and Lou's... but I don't have the heaps of muscle overlaying it right now... so it's just a big, ugly ribcage.

BLaaR
09-21-2012, 02:11 AM

Corbi, some people just never learn :)

21.8% bf, and by the way negs for the nipple ring.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146996353

mtpockets
09-21-2012, 03:20 AM

Just lift,

cripes there is a fellow in another thread said he has a big penis, you don't see him complain,

get at it.

Retroplayer
09-21-2012, 05:18 AM
I always felt the same way about my rib cage, but found that it shrank a lot after I dropped fat. But even still, the way my shirts hang on me, I lose the "V" shape and it looks like I have a gut. I have found that "fitted shirts" help with that.

Also, it's about perspective. As my body fat perecentage dropped, my chest "popped out" more which made the contrast between the ribs and the chest greater. So just keep at the plan.

Finally, focus on oblique and ab work. It pulls the rib cage in.

EjnarKolinkar
09-21-2012, 05:23 AM
Maybe I should get the other side done to balance it out!

I don't see anything massive about your rib cage.

If you had a massive rib cage it would be a asset not a hindrance.

Don't get stressed about the little things just keep working, and it will happen for you, I think it is safe to say it is 50-100 workouts out though and not 2-3, so don't let that bother you, or get uptight about it.

JOHN GARGANI
09-21-2012, 12:45 PM
DA FCK!!!

I'm really getting tired of posts like this....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4859603&d=1347053841

massive??

and a freakin' nipple ring?

if that is the way you evaluate you yourself, you are right: you will never get anything to match what you have imagined in your mind....

and you know what the sad thing is? there is nothing wrong the way you look IF YOU DIDN'T MAKE THAT RIDICULOUS CLAIM...

you have a great foundation....just keep training and working hard....body parts that are ahead of other ones, do NOT keep growing indefinitely...they will reach a peak and then the others will catch up.

Medtreker
09-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Yea sorry!
Upper chest is coming along nicely, but still no definition in the lower chest! I can feel the ridges down there, still too much fat though. But still only sticking out about a cm past my rib cage!

Mmm-mmmm. That is a tasty burger. Vincent, ever have a Big Kahuna Burger?

Wanna bite? They're real tasty.

Well, if you like burgers give 'em a try sometime. I can't usually get 'em myself because my girlfriend's a vegitarian which pretty much makes me a vegitarian. But I do love the taste of a good burger. Mm-mm-mm. You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?

Tell 'em, Vincent.

A Royale with cheese! You know why they call it that?

Check out the big brain on Brett! You're a smart mother****er. That's right. The metric system. What's in this?

Sprite, good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down?

Ah, hit the spot.

OP, lift big to fill in your big ribcage.

pharmamarketer
09-21-2012, 05:02 PM
A massive rib cage? No. If you did it would be an advantage IMO.

libertino85
09-26-2012, 10:14 AM
I have the same (only worse than yours) problem... Shirts don't fit right on me. I have to use the fitted kind, otherwise it looks like I have a beer belly. It also makes my legs appear thinner/smaller than normal. I do find that getting leaner helps with the problem...

Karl_Hungus
09-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Best advice I can give you is to get rid of the nipple ring. Men should not be piercing their nipples.

drudixon
09-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Why are you lying to him like that??
I've never seen anything so horrible and misfigured.

:D

OP
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/aa/ElephantMan2.JPG/170px-ElephantMan2.JPG

ravenhall
09-26-2012, 11:40 AM
More heavy decline press
More pull ups and t-bar rows
quit fapping so much

Zoukero
09-27-2012, 03:26 AM
came in expecting Frankentein
left dissapointed

Looks ok

you will need to put good effort thats all
Also you are better off starting with a good structure. you will get better aestetics long term iiiiifffff you put the efffffortttt

jzma
09-27-2012, 03:34 AM
I have 1 to man, but I have lordosis which pushes it out even more so don't complain..

libertino85
09-27-2012, 07:12 AM

No matter how wide my chest gets or how thin my waist gets. My rib cage will always make me look like a beer keg...

2nd_chance
09-27-2012, 08:08 AM
^^^ This. Of course I knew that would be the case before I opened the thread. Whenever I read words like massive, huge or ripped, I expect that there will be no avi or pictures...

OK... I see the updated pic. I'm not seeing anything that I would call massive.

Jtbny
09-27-2012, 10:19 AM
OK... I see the updated pic. I'm not seeing anything that I would call massive.

That's what she said??

OP it doesn't look out of the ordinary. I'd bet if you lost some Lbs it would appear smaller.

chodan9
09-27-2012, 04:04 PM

No matter how wide my chest gets or how thin my waist gets. My rib cage will always make me look like a beer keg...

dude
if your picture requires an arrow so we know what to look for, then there is nothing to see

Brad805
09-27-2012, 04:33 PM
I am puzzled by the question. It is what it is and nobody on bb.com can change it. Pics look normal, but muscle mass is not high enough. None of the big boys responding got that way in a short period of time, so relax and enjoy the process.