PDA

View Full Version : Can't Diet

xellic
09-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Hello everyone. I am trying to get started with working out and I have heard that your diet is essential to producing results. The problem that I face is my busy schedule, my lack-of cooking skills, money, and support from my family. I am only 16 years old so I find it hard to diet and make my own specific meals.

Are there any hard foods(such as nutrition bars, etc) or easy to make foods that I can eat without going on a full out diet? Will I still see results? I am planning to eat healthy by not eating any fast food or snacks and such, will that help?

Help is very much appreciated. Thanks!

stefanuus
09-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Eat whatever u can and calculate it correctly to hit ur daily macros. If that means u can only eat junk food then u will get better results eating junk food and calculating ur macros then eating "healthy" and not knowing how much ur consuming

Stealth12
09-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Hello everyone. I am trying to get started with working out and I have heard that your diet is essential to producing results. The problem that I face is my busy schedule, my lack-of cooking skills, money, and support from my family. I am only 16 years old so I find it hard to diet and make my own specific meals.

Are there any hard foods(such as nutrition bars, etc) or easy to make foods that I can eat without going on a full out diet? Will I still see results? I am planning to eat healthy by not eating any fast food or snacks and such, will that help?

Help is very much appreciated. Thanks!

......Sandwiches......

HerHusband1
09-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Get a calorie counting app like Myfitnesspal and log everything you eat even if its not the best food you will be able to track and adjust. If you don't have a smart phone you can sign up online and use it the same. Good luck you will not regret getting in shape!!!

determined4000
09-03-2012, 12:16 AM
at 16 yrs old no need to count
eat a balanced diet with meat, eggs, dairy, fruit, veggies, oats cereal, whole grains, potatoes, nuts, nut butters, o
eggs, oatmeal, fruit in the AM'lean meat sanwich, salad with dressing, milk, granola bar for lunch
meat potatoes and veggies for dinner
yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts, fruit for snakcs

wagarb
09-03-2012, 02:47 AM
+1 to the post above. Focus on proper lifting form, the rest will take care of itself when getting started.

HerHusband1
09-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Also agree with above, I was suggesting to use the app more as a tracking tool. From reading the OP's post it sounds like they may not have access to some or all of them foods as well as no way to get family to help stock them. I can relate there was no healthy foods in my house growing up. That's hard for some to understand.

Edit: however OP there really is no reason you cannot learn to cook your own foods at 16. you can prep foods for the week to make it easier. Saying you can't cook is really saying I'm to lazy to try Haha.