PDA

View Full Version : My week before the season NFL power rankings...

HGM1989
08-29-2012, 06:24 PM
1. Giants - Defending champs

2. Patriots - Offensive line needs to step it up and the defense still concerns me

3. Packers- I think they will be better than last year, but their record won't show it, defense can only go up and there is too much talent to be THAT bad on that side of the ball.

4. 49ers - Defense will do its things, the fact that Alex Smith is your QB always has to worry you and Frank Gore has had a lot of carries the last couple of years. Record will be worse than last year, but they still win the west with ease in my opinion.

5. Texans - Defense will still be great despite the loss of Williams who wasn't a factor in their success last year. Injuries have to worry you w/ Andre Johnson, but if the offense can stay healthy I think they can compete to represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

6. Ravens- Losing Suggs is obviously a big blow for this team, and will this be the year age catches up to Ray Lewis? I don't think so, they are a contender despite key injuries. Flacco took a step up last year, can he make an even bigger one and get his team to the Superbowl, we will see.

7. Saints - I think their defense will be better under Spags, but it still won't be much great or to the level it was in terms of take aways when they won the Superbowl. Offense is obviously still outstanding, I think their will be some hiccups in continuity having to switch coaches in the middle of a season, but not enough for this team not to contend in the NFC.

8. Eagles - Will be much better than last year and will build upon what they did the last part of the season. Defense will be better w/ Ryans and there will be much less pressure on this team, even tho there is always pressure on a Philly team. Vick being injury prone still has to worry you, its a real problem.

9. Bears - I think this team will surprise a lot of people. I can easily see them winning the North. The defense is getting up there in age and the play of the offensive line and protecting Cutler still has worry you, but the offense will be much better with Marshall now in the fold as well as Bush to go along with Forte.

10. Lions - Can Matt Stafford be healthy for another full year? Offense will still be great, they need to find a running game I think and bring more balance to the offense. Defense needs to improve for them to be a serious serious contender and not just a playoff team.

11. Falcons - Will this be the year Matt Ryan steps up and leads his team to something more than just a regular season victory? While I think he is a very good QB, Ryan has shown himself not to be the elite prospect he once was though of early in his career. Aside from him, Turners wear and tear has to worry you, but this team has some great weapons on the outside, they will contend for the playoffs.

12. Broncos- This team will be better than it was last year with Tebow. Will it translate into more success in the playoffs, ala getting passed the Divisional round, I'm not so sure. I think Manning will be good as well, but I don't think we are gonna get the old Manning. I think we will see 80-85% of him, which is still one of the best QB's in the league.

13. Steelers - This team is quickly getting old. Defense isn't what it once was, offensive line is yet again suspect and will this team have a running game or will Big Ben have to carry this team on his shoulders once again? Having Brown and Wallace tho and the abilities of Big Ben and this team will still be a playoff contender.

14. Cowboys - Offensive line really needs to improve for this team to do anything, but if it does I think they can make a lot of noise in the east. Romo can ball out and w/ the weapons he has and the talent they have at corner now I think they a can be a contender if again that offensive line steps up.

15. Bengals - I think the defense will still be very good, AJ Green is a beast, but I'm still not sold on Andy Dalton, I think he is much closer to a game manager than an elite QB prospect and in this day and age in the NFL you need the latter to succeed, but than again the 49ers went 13-3 in 2011.

16. Chiefs- I think this team will be much improved w/ getting a lot of key guys back from injuries. I think Cassel is overrated and have my doubts about him, but I think he is a good enough QB with what they have that they should compete to win a weak west.

17. Seahawks - I'm not buying the Wilson hype, I think when the real bullets fly he will struggle at times and Flynn will see himself in game action soon enough. I'm not saying Wilson can't be a very good QB down the line, but this team really lacks legit weapons on the outside and I think a rookie QB needs a go to reliable play maker like Cam had w/ Smith and Dalton had w/ Green. Can Lynch repeat last year? I think so. Defense will be great tho.

18. Chargers - This team still has plenty of talent to compete in a weak west, but I think sadly their window has passed, this team is just too inconsistent for anyone to take them serious until they show us something. Rivers need to rebound from his below average by his standards season last year.

19. Jets - Defense is still great and they will do their thing, but offensively they are a circus and a joke. I think Sanchez gets more heat than he deserves, he has improved every year while the weapons around him get worse. I think their running game is weak and they have no true number 1. They can still contend for the playoffs, but I do not see them doing much anytime soon until they improve that offense.

20. Bills - Defense will be very good with their play up front and the addition of Mario Williams. Question is the offense. Can Fitzpatrick lead this team, I don't really think so, but I think they are good enough to finish 2nd in the east and contend for a wild card.

21. Raiders- Can the receivers step up and progress even more? Will Palmer improve after a full off season and continuity w/ the team? Can Run DMC stay healthy? Those are key questions. Having said that, the west is bad enough that they can compete for the division crown.

22. Carolina - Offense will ball out again, for them to take the next step and compete for a playoff birth the defense needs to step up, this team could have won 8-10 games last year had it not been for the defense. Defensive line needs to find a pass rush opposite Johnson and the secondary needs to improve opposite Gamble.

23. Titans - Do they have enough to compete w/ the Texans in the South? I don't think so. Locker played well in reserve last year, but the book is still out on him. Britt needs to come back healthy and out of trouble for them to compete, but I think CJ will go back to his old ways. If everything clicks they have the potential to contend for a wild card I think.

24. Bucs - I think this team will be much improved. Freeman is a legit talent and I think he is much closer to what he showed the year prior to last year than what he showed in 2011. Offense needs to open up more w/ the addition of Jackson and this defense is woeful and must improve. Too much competition for the Bucs get back in the playoffs in 2011, but it is the NFC South, so you never know.

25. Cardinals - They are a mess at QB, no one has stepped up and really claimed that job with authority. I really don't see much out of this team. NFC West isn't great any means, but the NFC is too good for them to get in the playoffs in 2012 I think.

26. Redskins - Can RGIII be good enough to get a playoff birth for his team in his rookie campaign, I doubt it. Like above the NFC is just too good in 2012 and their division is killer. But, I think RGIII will be good and this team has enough talent to knock teams off and make noise and shuffle the deck.

27. Rams - Rams defense will be improved under Fisher, but I still don't think Bradford has that many reliable weapons and I just don't think he is that great. His rookie season was misleading and has led to a higher perception of him than really is deserved.

28. Colts - I think Luck is the real deal. I think his play alone will add a couple of wins regardless of the lack of overall talent this team has.

29. Jags- Can Gabbert improve? I think so, but that isn't saying much. He lack pocket presence last year and really needs to overcome that if he wants to avoid being a bust. This will be hard tho, if they MJD is gone come regular season, Mercedes Lewis also needs to step up. I think this defense will be good again tho.

30. Browns - I liked the Richardson pick, but the Weeden pick was questionable, I have my doubts about him, but we will see. This team just lacks too much talent to do much of anything.

31. Vikings - I actually liked what I saw in Ponder last year. I think he can improve, but this team really needs AP back to do much of anything in 2012.

32. Dolphins - I think they are the worst team in the NFL right now with Tannehill at QB. Thats not to say he won't be a good QB, but he lacks a lot of experience and he lacks any weapons on the outside to put him in any position to succeed.

charity4thepoor
08-29-2012, 06:26 PM
jets are way too ****ing high

IawI
08-29-2012, 06:32 PM
jets are way too ****ing high

This.

Jags are way too low.

scotyg
08-29-2012, 06:33 PM
you're the first person i've heard call Cassel overrated

-=Zeus=-!
08-29-2012, 06:34 PM
"9. Bears - I think this team will surprise a lot of people. I can easily see them winning the North. The defense is getting up there in age and the play of the offensive line and protecting Cutler still has worry you, but the offense will be much better with Marshall now in the fold as well as Bush to go along with Forte."

Easily? Please...

regGQ
08-29-2012, 06:43 PM
"Defending champs" is a ****ty excuse to put the Giants #1. Not even the best team in their conference. Guarantee Packers & 49ers will be better in '12.

Miked1978
08-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Overall they are nice except the Jets need to be dropped a lot.

sharpshooterz98
08-29-2012, 07:13 PM
"Defending champs" is a ****ty excuse to put the Giants #1. Not even the best team in their conference. Guarantee Packers & 49ers will be better in '12.

Giants fan here - no way I'd have them up there, possibly not even in the top 5.

Give it six games and they'll be sucking and the NY fans will be calling for Coughlin's head

SpencerFS
08-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Dolphin fan here agree lol

Streaming them playing the cowboys right now. Getting their asses kicked

RogerSterling
08-29-2012, 07:36 PM
"9. Bears - I think this team will surprise a lot of people. I can easily see them winning the North. The defense is getting up there in age and the play of the offensive line and protecting Cutler still has worry you, but the offense will be much better with Marshall now in the fold as well as Bush to go along with Forte."

Easily? Please...

Didn't say they would easily win, said he could easily see it happening.

And that is true.

bears are bake

EaglesBrah10
08-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Good list, I think Jets high, Jags low as others stated.

Zylantypic
08-29-2012, 08:01 PM
You are so ****ing mad right now phaggot.

Anyways, the Giants should be nowhere near #1 nor anywhere near the top 3 teams until they can prove that they can take care of their business in the regular season. Still the best team in the division though, Eagles fans are mad as ****.

CCAurora
08-29-2012, 08:14 PM

The problem is that the term "better" is arbitrary. Going 15-1 is nice, but that doesn't mean they win it all. NY was average at best in the regular season, but dominated in January... which one really matters? I get people who don't think to look at playoff stats when judging players (not that they're not still wrong), but the same for judging TEAMS?

EastCoastNiner
08-29-2012, 08:18 PM
The problem is that the term "better" is arbitrary. Going 15-1 is nice, but that doesn't mean they win it all. NY was average at best in the regular season, but dominated in January... which one really matters? I get people who don't think to look at playoff stats when judging players (not that they're not still wrong), but the same for judging TEAMS?

They played one very good game in January, and that game wasn't much of a surprise.

Which of the two other games did they dominate? The 49er's game with multiple fumbles and a horrendous forward progress call, or the Patriots game where the Patriots dropped the ball, literally?

Which of those games did the Giants DOMINATE like you say?

Zylantypic
08-29-2012, 08:22 PM
They played one very good game in January, and that game wasn't much of a surprise.

Which of the two other games did they dominate? The 49er's game with multiple fumbles and a horrendous forward progress call, or the Patriots game where the Patriots dropped the ball, literally?

Which of those games did the Giants DOMINATE like you say?
Dominated the Cowboys to walk into the playoffs, pretty much shut out the Falcons 24-2 barring a safety..totally butt****ed the Packers and the score should have been more lopsided if it weren't for the refs, the 49ers game was a battle but they pulled through and lol..The Giants just ****ing own the Patriots.

MrRIP
08-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Texans at 5?

You from texas Brah?

Dolphins arent the worst team in the league.

Rams, Browns and Jags still should round out the bottom 3

IawI
08-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Texans at 5?

You from texas Brah?

Jags are no where near the bottom three.

australiasbrain
08-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Texans at 5?

You from texas Brah?

Had the Texans finishing atop their division and making the superbowl.
i think 5 is a little low.

cor030
08-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Holy **** nfl starts in a week holy **** holy ****

MrRIP
08-29-2012, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=IawI;940944893]Jags are no where near the bottom three.[/QUOTE

Bottom four then?

SirWisdom
08-29-2012, 09:03 PM
lol, NYG always has super slow starts, wouldn't put them in the top 10 at the beginning of the season...

cor030
08-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Btw panthers are about right. I disagree with some of the teams ahead of them but they haven't proven enough to get a high ranking.

It's weird, I can see them going anywhere from 7-9 to 12-4. People underestimate how powerful the offense is gonna be. If the defense stays healthy, there are a LOT of talented guys(beason, kuechly, Johnson, gamble, Anderson..). So excited.

MrRIP
08-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Had the Texans finishing atop their division and making the superbowl.
i think 5 is a little low.

They play in a cupcake division. They should win it. The AFC is weaker now that the dominant teams are getting older. I don't see them getting passed Baltimore or NE for the berth. Last year they only beat 2 teams of Note (Pit and ATL) and they limped into the post season and won against another young and unproven bengals team before. Being smacked by The ravens. I understand they're healthy right now but putting them at 5 is being generous. They aren't better than BAL, NO, And phi (det and chi have an argument too). They're definitely knocking on the door but they aren't a top 5 team right now.

LostOne287
08-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Texans at 5, Titans at 23 ***ing lol

Op exposed as as Texans fan

homicidal_misc
08-29-2012, 09:19 PM
I think the Texans are a very good team but I have a feeling their D is going to take a step back and they played slightly over their heads last season. Schaub coming back should at least make up for that step back IMO. Should have a good offense though Andre Johnson must be healthy for them to truly be an elite team.

I would put Bears in front of Eagles and while the Saints at 7 is probably close to right, Brees is really going to have to have some year not just as a QB but as a leader considering all the turmoil. Doesn't help that their D is pure ****. 7-9 I guess you can say is interchangeable. Packers are "safe" at 3 but I think they played worse than their 15-1 record indicated and their D is just really bad. Matthews needs to have a rebound year and either Woodson needs to play like a DPOY candidate or one of their rookies has to really breakout for them to not have a fight on their hands for the division, if they weren't already going to have one.

australiasbrain
08-29-2012, 09:20 PM
They play in a cupcake division. They should win it. The AFC is weaker now that the dominant teams are getting older. I don't see them getting passed Baltimore or NE for the berth. Last year they only beat 2 teams of Note (Pit and ATL) and they limped into the post season and won against another young and unproven bengals team before. Being smacked by The ravens. I understand they're healthy right now but putting them at 5 is being generous. They aren't better than BAL, NO, And phi (det and chi have an argument too). They're definitely knocking on the door but they aren't a top 5 team right now.

Getting passed Baltimore is a given, NE could be anything.....
We will know early in the season, I reckon they have one of the toughest schedules, they could be as bad as 3-5 and still be playing well.

mjf10
08-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Lol Steelers at 13, lol.

Every year they are ranked way too low and called "old" well check your facts OP... Hampton and Smith are no longer starters so actually they've gotten younger. Hilarious that you think there are 12 teams in the NFL better than the Steelers. See you when the Steelers go 12-4, assert their dominance, get a first round bye and show everyone why they are the NFLs model franchise and the greatest team in the game's history.

IawI
08-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Bottom four then?

Teams I'd rank below the Jags. This will be an honest ranking with has little bias as I can manage

Dolphins
Jets
Vikings
Browns
Rams
Colts
Cardinals
Bucs
Titans

The Titans would be only 1 position lower then the Jags if I were doing a ranking. That one could go either way.

IawI
08-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Lol Steelers at 13, lol.

Every year they are ranked way too low and called "old" well check your facts OP... Hampton and Smith are no longer starters so actually they've gotten younger. Hilarious that you think there are 12 teams in the NFL better than the Steelers. See you when the Steelers go 12-4, assert their dominance, get a first round bye and show everyone why they are the NFLs model franchise and the greatest team in the game's history.

inb4 Ben tears his rotator cuff all the way through and they're f*cked.

I don't like the Steelers this year at all. I love Antonio Brown for fantasy though.

mjf10
08-29-2012, 09:51 PM
inb4 Ben tears his rotator cuff all the way through and they're f*cked.

I don't like the Steelers this year at all. I love Antonio Brown for fantasy though.

Fair enough... But to say there is 12 teams better is a joke, NFLs best defense last year and a solid offense... They may be the single team with the fewest question marks. (Doesn't mean they're the best team)

IawI
08-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Fair enough... But to say there is 12 teams better is a joke, NFLs best defense last year and a solid offense... They may be the single team with the fewest question marks. (Doesn't mean they're the best team)

Fewest question marks?

Your offensive line is terrible, what are you going to do to fix it?
Your RBs are terrible, who's going to run the ball?
Your offensive line is terrible, and Big Ben has a partially torn rotator cuff. End well, will this?
Who's going to cover receivers? We all know that your poverty corners lost you the superbowl a few years ago.

Those are just off the top of my head from an outsiders view looking in. I'm sure there are more.

mjf10
08-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Fewest question marks?

Your offensive line is terrible, what are you going to do to fix it?
Your RBs are terrible, who's going to run the ball?
Your offensive line is terrible, and Big Ben has a partially torn rotator cuff. End well, will this?
Who's going to cover receivers? We all know that your poverty corners lost you the superbowl a few years ago.

Those are just off the top of my head from an outsiders view looking in. I'm sure there are more.

Its almost routine to call the Steelers line terrible, no doubt its not great but it would be maybe 15-18th best... Runningback situation absolutely is a question mark you're right... Ike Taylor is a very solid corner and they also have a few young guys poised to step in. But name anyteam in the league and I can give you more problems than what the Steelers have.

TheDude1987
08-29-2012, 10:44 PM

"Smacked" by the Ravens? Ravens were at home, coming off a bye, playing against a 5th round rookie QB, and were still taken to the final possession. I'd say the Texans have the upper hand going into the season.

cor030
08-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Its almost routine to call the Steelers line terrible, no doubt its not great but it would be maybe 15-18th best... Runningback situation absolutely is a question mark you're right... Ike Taylor is a very solid corner and they also have a few young guys poised to step in. But name anyteam in the league and I can give you more problems than what the Steelers have.

Well they were ranked among the bottom 10 o-lines in football last year, and they didn't do anything to improve it(well they did, but injuries :\).. and I don't really think their run game is a "question mark". Not hard to guess that it'll be nonexistent with a poor o-line and no Mendenhall.

I think they'll compete like they always, though. Just not sure I'd put them in the top 10.

IawI
08-29-2012, 11:15 PM

Not sure if srs. Every team has a lot of questions going into a season. This argument is stupid and completely irrelevant.

In my opinion, the Steelers are headed towards a few poverty years, but they are the Steelers, so they probably won't be there very long.

IawI
08-29-2012, 11:18 PM
I think they'll compete like they always, though. Just not sure I'd put them in the top 10.

I'd probably have them ranked ~15 or so. Big Ben has been prone to injuries recently, will go into the season with one, and has probably the worst O-line in the league. I think they are an 8-8 team this year.

cor030
08-29-2012, 11:24 PM
I'd probably have them ranked ~15 or so. Big Ben has been prone to injuries recently, will go into the season with one, and has probably the worst O-line in the league. I think they are an 8-8 team this year.

A few months ago, was listening to Cowherd at work and he made a good point.. when was the last time you've heard of Ben being healthy? I mean really think about it. I can't think of a single game where he wasn't on the injuries report. Obviously more often than not it's simply precautionary and it means nothing(J-Stewart is also always on the report, and has only missed 2 games), but it has to be concerning for Steeler fans.

NorCalMike
08-30-2012, 01:05 AM
Teams I'd rank below the Jags. This will be an honest ranking with has little bias as I can manage

Dolphins
Jets
Vikings
Browns
Rams
Colts
Cardinals
Bucs
Titans

The Titans would be only 1 position lower then the Jags if I were doing a ranking. That one could go either way.

Sorry kid you're wrong. @ick post in my thread too.

The Jets, Cardinals, and Bucs are all probably better. The other ones are a toss-up too. Jax had a great D last year but their offense did very little and they have a new coaching staff. MJD needs to carry them and he's not even in camp yet.

If Miami started Moore instead of Tannehill they'd probably be a lot better. Moore played great towards the end of last season. Not saying he's an awesome QB, but not bad at all imo. Jacksonvile might be a little better then Miami now.

Texans should take the division.

LostOne287
08-30-2012, 01:15 AM

Dolphins
Jets
Vikings
Browns
Rams
Colts
Cardinals
Bucs
Titans

*Extreme homer crew*
*Gabbert is going to be an elite QB crew*
*Blackmon AKA Mr. .24 the next Jerry Rice crew*
*Derek Cox better than Revis crew*
*Bryan Anger was a great pick crew*

JaxBrah
08-30-2012, 01:39 AM
I keeps seeing everyone and their mother putting the texans ahead of the ravens.

I cant help but lol. The ravens beat them twice last year including the playoffs. And then cite losing suggs is the reason. Lol texans lost mario williams...

The ravens will get suggs back in november anyway. This is a team thats a dropped pass from being in the superbowl last year. At worst they should be #4

IawI
08-30-2012, 01:49 AM
Sorry kid you're wrong. @ick post in my thread too.

The Jets, Cardinals, and Bucs are all probably better. The other ones are a toss-up too. Jax had a great D last year but their offense did very little and they have a new coaching staff. MJD needs to carry them and he's not even in camp yet.

You're 2 years older than me. Don't call me kid.

I am not wrong. Just the fact that you even mentioned the Jets shows you're a f*cking moron. That team is awful.

Last years Jaguars offense vs. this years is apples to oranges. Only 2 receivers from last years team is still on the roster, and neither of them are starters. We spent a top-5 draft pick on the next great WR in Blackmon. We have a coaching staff that is actually competent and knows how to coach and groom a young QB. Lol @ saying MJD needs to carry us. Our offense has been fine without him. Rashad Jennings can carry the load just has effective as Maurice.

I hate idiots like you who have no idea what they're talking about and rely on NFL network to give them their opinions about things. Learn to think for yourself you ignorant sheep. Gather your own opinions from actually watching teams and keeping up with their situations. I can tell you clearly haven't heard anything about the Jags outside of the national media, and you certainly haven't seen a game.

IawI
08-30-2012, 01:54 AM
I keeps seeing everyone and their mother putting the texans ahead of the ravens.

I cant help but lol. The ravens beat them twice last year including the playoffs. And then cite losing suggs is the reason. Lol texans lost mario williams...

The ravens will get suggs back in november anyway. This is a team thats a dropped pass from being in the superbowl last year. At worst they should be #4

I agree.

I was never a huge fan of Flacco, but I think he is starting to blossom as a QB, and the Ravens will a powerhouse in the AFC.

Oh and just because they get Suggs back doesn't mean he'll be 100%. That injury takes forever to get back to full form.

NorCalMike
08-30-2012, 01:19 PM
You're 2 years older than me. Don't call me kid.

I am not wrong. Just the fact that you even mentioned the Jets shows you're a f*cking moron. That team is awful.

Last years Jaguars offense vs. this years is apples to oranges. Only 2 receivers from last years team is still on the roster, and neither of them are starters. We spent a top-5 draft pick on the next great WR in Blackmon. We have a coaching staff that is actually competent and knows how to coach and groom a young QB. Lol @ saying MJD needs to carry us. Our offense has been fine without him. Rashad Jennings can carry the load just has effective as Maurice.

I hate idiots like you who have no idea what they're talking about and rely on NFL network to give them their opinions about things. Learn to think for yourself you ignorant sheep. Gather your own opinions from actually watching teams and keeping up with their situations. I can tell you clearly haven't heard anything about the Jags outside of the national media, and you certainly haven't seen a game.

Alright calm down. Just giving you a hard time.

Pre-season isn't a good indication of how they'll be in the regular season. The Jets looked horrible I agree; but they still have a lot of the pieces from last year; in which they looked good at times. Could the Jaquars be better? Absolutely. They could be better then all the teams I mentioned. But I'm not confident with their new coaching staff, Gabbert's play last year, and the fact that MJD hasn't even been in camp yet. It's mainly the new coaching staff and the adjustment that need to made. It's hard for everyone. Maybe you know something I don't; and this staff can get the players to play hard for him. I saw a couple games last year including the MNF game vs. the Ravens. Gabbert looked like a puzzy in the pocket. If he step up with his throws and accepts the fact that he's gonna get hit; he could be a solid NFL QB. He got better towards the end of the season; so that's encouraging for you Jags fans.

I can see you're a true fan but I think your expectations are too high for Jacksonville this year. I don't know much about your new coaching staff; but hopefully you're right about that. I actually thought Del Rio was a good coach; but too much mediocrity under him. Your division is getting harder. With Andrew Luck; the Colt's will be a playoff team before you know it.

I picked the Texans for their division; which most people did I bet. Ravens>Texans though I agree. But you guys are in a harder division; meaning if some injuries happen and you hit a losing streak; it'll be easier to get bounced out of the playoffs.

Alec Trevelyan
08-30-2012, 02:00 PM

Says the eagles fan......

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/405778_10151390082594377_1066269075_n.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2s9x01h.jpg

HGM1989
08-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Texans at 5?

You from texas Brah?

Not from Texas, nor am I a fan of any of the Texas teams. Dolphins are bad bro, I think worse than the three you mentioned. Rams defense is getting better and they have at least a decent QB in Bradford. Maybe there is an argument for the Browns, I will give you that one. The Jags have a very good D tho and play in a weaker division than the Dolphins. Tannehill will struggle, he has no weapons at all.

HGM1989
08-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Btw panthers are about right. I disagree with some of the teams ahead of them but they haven't proven enough to get a high ranking.

It's weird, I can see them going anywhere from 7-9 to 12-4. People underestimate how powerful the offense is gonna be. If the defense stays healthy, there are a LOT of talented guys(beason, kuechly, Johnson, gamble, Anderson..). So excited.

Panthers are actually my team. I tried to be unbiased, but I think they could have gone anywhere from the 16 to 23 range. Offense will be great again, not worried about a Cam sophomore slump. I agree on the D tho. Looks like Edwards will really help the run D and getting beast back to go along w/ Kuechly and Anderson and whatever TD can give us and I like what we have. We just need someone to step up opposite Gamble and Godfrey and whoever will start at the other safety needs to tighten up on the back end.

Saxbro
08-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Stop reading once I saw that the Giants were up top.

Impurityz
08-20-2013, 10:15 AM
good job bumping a year old thread

OutWorkedByNo1
08-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Lol Steelers at 13, lol.

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/9862/l6e.gif

EvilChicken
08-20-2013, 10:25 AM

apparently you stopped reading before you got to the date.

JmanTheJuiceman
08-20-2013, 10:28 AM
1. Giants - Defending champs

2. Patriots - Offensive line needs to step it up and the defense still concerns me

3. Packers- I think they will be better than last year, but their record won't show it, defense can only go up and there is too much talent to be THAT bad on that side of the ball.

4. 49ers - Defense will do its things, the fact that Alex Smith is your QB always has to worry you and Frank Gore has had a lot of carries the last couple of years. Record will be worse than last year, but they still win the west with ease in my opinion.

5. Texans - Defense will still be great despite the loss of Williams who wasn't a factor in their success last year. Injuries have to worry you w/ Andre Johnson, but if the offense can stay healthy I think they can compete to represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

6. Ravens- Losing Suggs is obviously a big blow for this team, and will this be the year age catches up to Ray Lewis? I don't think so, they are a contender despite key injuries. Flacco took a step up last year, can he make an even bigger one and get his team to the Superbowl, we will see.

7. Saints - I think their defense will be better under Spags, but it still won't be much great or to the level it was in terms of take aways when they won the Superbowl. Offense is obviously still outstanding, I think their will be some hiccups in continuity having to switch coaches in the middle of a season, but not enough for this team not to contend in the NFC.

8. Eagles - Will be much better than last year and will build upon what they did the last part of the season. Defense will be better w/ Ryans and there will be much less pressure on this team, even tho there is always pressure on a Philly team. Vick being injury prone still has to worry you, its a real problem.

9. Bears - I think this team will surprise a lot of people. I can easily see them winning the North. The defense is getting up there in age and the play of the offensive line and protecting Cutler still has worry you, but the offense will be much better with Marshall now in the fold as well as Bush to go along with Forte.

10. Lions - Can Matt Stafford be healthy for another full year? Offense will still be great, they need to find a running game I think and bring more balance to the offense. Defense needs to improve for them to be a serious serious contender and not just a playoff team.

11. Falcons - Will this be the year Matt Ryan steps up and leads his team to something more than just a regular season victory? While I think he is a very good QB, Ryan has shown himself not to be the elite prospect he once was though of early in his career. Aside from him, Turners wear and tear has to worry you, but this team has some great weapons on the outside, they will contend for the playoffs.

12. Broncos- This team will be better than it was last year with Tebow. Will it translate into more success in the playoffs, ala getting passed the Divisional round, I'm not so sure. I think Manning will be good as well, but I don't think we are gonna get the old Manning. I think we will see 80-85% of him, which is still one of the best QB's in the league.

13. Steelers - This team is quickly getting old. Defense isn't what it once was, offensive line is yet again suspect and will this team have a running game or will Big Ben have to carry this team on his shoulders once again? Having Brown and Wallace tho and the abilities of Big Ben and this team will still be a playoff contender.

14. Cowboys - Offensive line really needs to improve for this team to do anything, but if it does I think they can make a lot of noise in the east. Romo can ball out and w/ the weapons he has and the talent they have at corner now I think they a can be a contender if again that offensive line steps up.

15. Bengals - I think the defense will still be very good, AJ Green is a beast, but I'm still not sold on Andy Dalton, I think he is much closer to a game manager than an elite QB prospect and in this day and age in the NFL you need the latter to succeed, but than again the 49ers went 13-3 in 2011.

16. Chiefs- I think this team will be much improved w/ getting a lot of key guys back from injuries. I think Cassel is overrated and have my doubts about him, but I think he is a good enough QB with what they have that they should compete to win a weak west.

17. Seahawks - I'm not buying the Wilson hype, I think when the real bullets fly he will struggle at times and Flynn will see himself in game action soon enough. I'm not saying Wilson can't be a very good QB down the line, but this team really lacks legit weapons on the outside and I think a rookie QB needs a go to reliable play maker like Cam had w/ Smith and Dalton had w/ Green. Can Lynch repeat last year? I think so. Defense will be great tho.

18. Chargers - This team still has plenty of talent to compete in a weak west, but I think sadly their window has passed, this team is just too inconsistent for anyone to take them serious until they show us something. Rivers need to rebound from his below average by his standards season last year.

19. Jets - Defense is still great and they will do their thing, but offensively they are a circus and a joke. I think Sanchez gets more heat than he deserves, he has improved every year while the weapons around him get worse. I think their running game is weak and they have no true number 1. They can still contend for the playoffs, but I do not see them doing much anytime soon until they improve that offense.

20. Bills - Defense will be very good with their play up front and the addition of Mario Williams. Question is the offense. Can Fitzpatrick lead this team, I don't really think so, but I think they are good enough to finish 2nd in the east and contend for a wild card.

21. Raiders- Can the receivers step up and progress even more? Will Palmer improve after a full off season and continuity w/ the team? Can Run DMC stay healthy? Those are key questions. Having said that, the west is bad enough that they can compete for the division crown.

22. Carolina - Offense will ball out again, for them to take the next step and compete for a playoff birth the defense needs to step up, this team could have won 8-10 games last year had it not been for the defense. Defensive line needs to find a pass rush opposite Johnson and the secondary needs to improve opposite Gamble.

23. Titans - Do they have enough to compete w/ the Texans in the South? I don't think so. Locker played well in reserve last year, but the book is still out on him. Britt needs to come back healthy and out of trouble for them to compete, but I think CJ will go back to his old ways. If everything clicks they have the potential to contend for a wild card I think.

24. Bucs - I think this team will be much improved. Freeman is a legit talent and I think he is much closer to what he showed the year prior to last year than what he showed in 2011. Offense needs to open up more w/ the addition of Jackson and this defense is woeful and must improve. Too much competition for the Bucs get back in the playoffs in 2011, but it is the NFC South, so you never know.

25. Cardinals - They are a mess at QB, no one has stepped up and really claimed that job with authority. I really don't see much out of this team. NFC West isn't great any means, but the NFC is too good for them to get in the playoffs in 2012 I think.

26. Redskins - Can RGIII be good enough to get a playoff birth for his team in his rookie campaign, I doubt it. Like above the NFC is just too good in 2012 and their division is killer. But, I think RGIII will be good and this team has enough talent to knock teams off and make noise and shuffle the deck.

27. Rams - Rams defense will be improved under Fisher, but I still don't think Bradford has that many reliable weapons and I just don't think he is that great. His rookie season was misleading and has led to a higher perception of him than really is deserved.

28. Colts - I think Luck is the real deal. I think his play alone will add a couple of wins regardless of the lack of overall talent this team has.

29. Jags- Can Gabbert improve? I think so, but that isn't saying much. He lack pocket presence last year and really needs to overcome that if he wants to avoid being a bust. This will be hard tho, if they MJD is gone come regular season, Mercedes Lewis also needs to step up. I think this defense will be good again tho.

30. Browns - I liked the Richardson pick, but the Weeden pick was questionable, I have my doubts about him, but we will see. This team just lacks too much talent to do much of anything.

31. Vikings - I actually liked what I saw in Ponder last year. I think he can improve, but this team really needs AP back to do much of anything in 2012.

32. Dolphins - I think they are the worst team in the NFL right now with Tannehill at QB. Thats not to say he won't be a good QB, but he lacks a lot of experience and he lacks any weapons on the outside to put him in any position to succeed.

Oh my OP.. Spot on Vikings ranking.

BEASTMODE420
08-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Seahawks - I'm not buying the Wilson hype, I think when the real bullets fly he will struggle at times and Flynn will see himself in game action soon enough.

this thread is lulzy

OP please give us your wizard picks for 13'