PDA

View Full Version : How much is the requirement to be perfect in achieving goals?

kris2pe
08-29-2012, 08:39 AM
The mantra of this site is if you're not achieving result your not getting your nutrition right!
How much is the requirement to perfect this?
I'm certainly confuse about how much protein do you need?
I mean my dietician espouses a 1kg per bodyweight, here its 1lb per bodyweight.
She says later is too much protein based on some USDA thingy.
I'm on a cut I'm worried that if I can successfully achieve it.
How do I know that I'm losing fat instead of muscle?
I don't have calipers but I do have an Omron fatloss monitor!
I'm having a super hard time meeting with my protein requirements back then cause again 1lb per bodyweight on weight of 160lbs.
Is alot of protein! Most which I can't reach! Yes now I can cause my dietician gave an 88gram of protein.
Which easier to achieve compared to what I tried before.
Any ideas of reaching protein requirement without going poor?
I can't do 5-20 mini meals in a day cause I have work! Is it the only way?

WunSen
08-29-2012, 08:46 AM
people on here eat more protein than most people as they lift... and meal timing has proved over and over to be irrelevant. if you can only eat 1-2 times a day then do it. ignore all the "small meals to keep metabolism up" and "your body can only absorb 30g protein at once" broscience/bull****

Bonuman
08-29-2012, 08:51 AM
It doesn't matter how many times a day you eat.
The recommendation for building muscle is 1g of protein per day per lb of bodyweight.

How do you know if you're losing fat or muscle? If you are getting enough calories and enough protein, you won't lose muscle. If your weight goes down but your fat percentage stays the same, then you are losing muscle.

If you can't get 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, use easy protein sources such as whey protein shakes.

Ignore the USDA thing. It's for ordinary people. You are not ordinary. You are a soldier, destined for greatness.

MuthaFunkah
08-29-2012, 09:18 AM
You'll get 90% of your answers in the Stickies in this forum.

Like everyone said, you can eat as many meals as you want, when you want. I do intermittent fasting -- which means I only have 8 hours a day to eat.....So, needless to say, I only have like 2 meals to get all my calories in.

On a cut, eating more protein than normal (maybe 1.2g per lb) will help keep more muscle as well. Meet your calorie goal as well (if you don't know what it is -- read the stickies to learn how to find out.)

Just meet your goals, that's it.

wisdommaster1
08-29-2012, 09:41 AM
I only eat 2 meals a day OP

kris2pe
08-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Which is more ideal to take protein? After workout before workout?
A day after my workout the body tries to recover right? Do you load up more on protein during that time?
If carbs is for fuel and protein is for repair wouldn't it ideal to eat less protein when your not working out and load up on it after?

Flex500
08-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Which is more ideal to take protein? After workout before workout?
A day after my workout the body tries to recover right? Do you load up more on protein during that time?
If carbs is for fuel and protein is for repair wouldn't it ideal to eat less protein when your not working out and load up on it after?

i mean this with no offense at all but you have little to no understanding about the basics of nutrition. And that is perfectly ok we all start somewhere. Go read the stickies and get to the know the basics.

You need to figure out what you need each day and hit your goals. You don't need magic post workout drinks or a magic pre workout concoction. You need to set goals and hit it for the day.

stefanuus
08-29-2012, 11:29 AM
200g of chicken breasts is 60g of protein, 180g can of tuna is 40g of protein, 1 scoop of any protein powder is 20-25g of protein. Note that u will be getting protein from other sources such as bread,pasta, peanut butter etc. Its quite easy to hit 1g per lb of bodyweight imo. Some days i eat 400g of chicken breasts and im there. Others i eat 3 scoops of whey and 200g of chicken breasts. Some days 2 cans of tuna and some whey. U can combine it quite well. Oh and dont forget the eggs they are quite high in protein. Plus if ur eating fatty foods(hamburgers,sausages,pork,pizza etc.) for the rest of ur cals they got quite some protein in them so its pretty easy