PDA

View Full Version : Pitching selection (Baseball)

Average Chaos
08-26-2012, 05:07 AM
I am currently playing MLB the show with a RH pitcher in RTTS mode.

What new pitch should i add to my current pitches?

I throw a 4seemer, change up and cutter.
Had to throw the knuckleball out because could not control it...

So what new pitch?

Curve, Slider?

Yank11
08-26-2012, 07:22 AM
curve, slider and cutter are too similar imo, same movement and not a ton of difference in speed. depends on which one you like more though, I hate throwing curves since I hang them too much, but some people like them more

best RTTS pitching repertoire imo = Running fastball, Cutter, Circle Change, Slurve. Two fastballs that break opposite ways, change that breaks same way as my best fastball and I just love the slurve for getting a cheeky strike or a waste pitch

sups31
08-26-2012, 07:24 AM
slurve. throw it backdoor all day.

SuburbanLegend
08-26-2012, 10:15 AM
I was pumped for a conversation about real pitching :(

Slurve awesome. I love making righties (RHP here) have their knees buckle.

brb, nailing in framing nails through scrap mahogany when I was 12 to make my curveball awesome.

Average Chaos
08-27-2012, 11:06 AM
curve, slider and cutter are too similar imo, same movement and not a ton of difference in speed. depends on which one you like more though, I hate throwing curves since I hang them too much, but some people like them more

best RTTS pitching repertoire imo = Running fastball, Cutter, Circle Change, Slurve. Two fastballs that break opposite ways, change that breaks same way as my best fastball and I just love the slurve for getting a cheeky strike or a waste pitch

Thanks brah

Would this make sense then: 4seem, change up, cutter, slurve? What possible 5th pitch you would suggest?
I cant afford to throw out another pitch from my repertoire since all the progress gets lost with cancel a pitch.
Throwing the knuckle ball was funny and helped me alot going thru the minors but i wouldnt control the sucker anymore lol.

sups31
08-27-2012, 11:08 AM
5th pitch i'd go 2 seamer. something to throw into righties and I love getting Ks on the inside on lefties.

the cutter and 2 seamer is a deadly combo too. throw 3-4 cutters away then bam 2 seamer in. instant K.