PDA

View Full Version : DeShawn Stevenson proving how a scrub NBA player >>>> non-NBA players

Masstastic
08-24-2012, 07:33 PM
UTYGUosHUQA

Normally I'd not post something like this, but this dude of all people is dominating in the Orlando Pro-Am.

I've never seen DeShawn do anything but chuck 3's in the NBA.

Its amazing how much more skilled he looks to guys who don't play any professional basketball.

batman15
08-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Who?

EDIT: oh, him.

Strong blue shoes in video. Like 4 or 5 bro's wearing them.

Masstastic
08-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Who?
This guy:
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/gallery/deshawn-stevenson-tats/deshawn-stevenson-tattoos.jpg

But he's known for doing this:
http://media.naplesnews.com/media/img/photos/2011/06/07/APTOPIXNBAFinalsHeatMavericksBasketball_t607.jpg

IllPhill
08-24-2012, 07:38 PM
lolz wasn't this guy supposed to be the next coming of MJ coming out of hs?

Masstastic
08-24-2012, 07:41 PM

http://nbadraft.net/players/deshawn-stevenson

LOL

I'd love to know what once made any respectable adult compare him to MJ.

Nara62629
08-24-2012, 07:43 PM
so it was a pro-am..was he the only pro there? and srsly, smack talking to a kid??

Pslim23
08-24-2012, 07:46 PM
you realize that almost everyone in the league will be better than most of the people who are not in the league?

Masstastic
08-24-2012, 07:46 PM
so it was a pro-am..was he the only pro there? and srsly, smack talking to a kid??
I think so.

DeShawn Stevenson has no shame.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/2557505_o.gif

Masstastic
08-24-2012, 07:47 PM
you realize that almost everyone in the league will be better than most of the people who are not in the league?
Of course I do.

A lot of people don't realize it tho when they talk about how terrible certain players are.

CobyWan
08-24-2012, 07:47 PM

I watched one of those mixtapes of pro players in their high school years and he was one of the guys heavily featured in it. And I tell you what I would have predicted he would have been a great NBA player too. He had a really developed game for his age.

JFizzle23
08-24-2012, 07:48 PM
NBA players are on a completely different level compared to everyone else. Just think about how skilled/athletic a lot of D1 legit college players are and they can't even make it to the NBA. I bet the worst NBA players could go around and smash on all the best rec centers and parks around the country...

My best friend from high school was amazing. He was the only decent player on our team and basically got doubled every game and still dropped 35 a game. He went to decent D1 school and he really struggles out there with the athleticism and speed. That only increases twenty fold with the NBA...insane in my eyes.

Jack612blue
08-24-2012, 07:53 PM
NBA players are on a completely different level compared to everyone else. Just think about how skilled/athletic a lot of D1 legit college players are and they can't even make it to the NBA. I bet the worst NBA players could go around and smash on all the best rec centers and parks around the country...

My best friend from high school was amazing. He was the only decent player on our team and basically got doubled every game and still dropped 35 a game. He went to decent D1 school and he really struggles out there with the athleticism and speed. That only increases twenty fold with the NBA...insane in my eyes.

Yeah these 6'4-6'8" guys out there have the skills and speed of a prototypical point guard.

robfromlbc
08-24-2012, 08:06 PM
so does that mean john wall is shiit considering he was pretty much evenly matched with some non nba player in a camp similar to this

PhiGreens
08-24-2012, 08:09 PM
so does that mean john wall is shiit considering he was pretty much evenly matched with some non nba player in a camp similar to this

Last time I checked basketball was a 5 on 5 game.

SICKK
08-24-2012, 08:15 PM
his shot is so awkward. i would expect him to get swatted a lot in the nba if hes not wide open.

Masstastic
08-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Not sure if srs.

Even for argument's sake, Ricky Ledo(the kid Wall played against) is a future Lottery pick.

Not to mention John Wall is 21 and Ledo is 19.

LightsXout28c
08-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Stevenson is not a scrub. he was a key focal point to the Mavs winning their championship

roadtrippin
08-24-2012, 08:32 PM
In b4 ring argument

batman15
08-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Last time I checked basketball was a 5 on 5 game.

This is the Sports Misc.

That doesn't hold true here.

heat63
08-24-2012, 08:45 PM
http://misterirrelevant.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deshawn-knows-signs.gif

iMakeItRain100s
08-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Wasn't he a pretty big focal point (as well as Gilbert Arenas) in the Wizards offense during the whole "Cleveland vs Wizards" rivalry?

Hardcore_D00d
08-24-2012, 09:05 PM
He's a professional its his job to play basketball. even the last guy on the worst team in the nba would own street ballers and keyboard warriors

Lasers1
08-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Thread should be titled "Why is this NBA player acting like hot $hit because he can score on amateurs"?

gswarrior510
08-24-2012, 09:20 PM
what a ****ing loser.. it's not like he's doing anything special..He looks slow as **** for an nba player. There are 10-15 people who play at my college gym who do the same **** on the nightly basis..

and then talking **** to some kid. grow up you ghetto ***got

Stompin_Tom
08-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Learning how to be a consumate team player, something his idol Kobe still must learn himself.

Masstastic
08-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Wasn't he a pretty big focal point (as well as Gilbert Arenas) in the Wizards offense during the whole "Cleveland vs Wizards" rivalry?

Nah, he's just great at taunting opponents when he's shooting 1-7.

Masstastic
08-24-2012, 09:50 PM
what a ****ing loser.. it's not like he's doing anything special..He looks slow as **** for an nba player. There are 10-15 people who play at my college gym who do the same **** on the nightly basis..

and then talking **** to some kid. grow up you ghetto ***got

Normally I'd disagree, but DeShawn Stevenson is one of those players who does everything in his power to make me or any basketball fan dislike him. YMCMB affiliated too?

I might be wrong but he had to have shot the lowest FG% of any player this past season.

28% from the Field. When you can't crack 35% then you shouldn't even be in this league.

I OuTsiDeR I
08-24-2012, 09:55 PM
When you get the green light to do whatever you want and you have decent skills you will be good. This is with alot of people in the NBA. I've played with DII guys that look like crap in a system, but when they play pick up ball they go ham.

Thing is when your playing with real coaches you do anything out of their system, they get pissed and yank you. Also got politics like any sport. Someone like OJ Mayo who is not a scrub by any means but not viewed as a superstar would make everyone look like elementary kids on the court if he had that kind of freedom.

poppa_boner
08-24-2012, 10:00 PM
i follow deshawn on facebook, he is one funny ass dude... and ya know he has his own ATM machine in his crib, and his girl always posts self pics of herself on it.

anyway.....at 1:06 in the video, i spotted something very very weird hmmm

llcoolray3000
08-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Normally I'd disagree, but DeShawn Stevenson is one of those players who does everything in his power to make me or any basketball fan dislike him. YMCMB affiliated too?

I might be wrong but he had to have shot the lowest FG% of any player this past season.

28% from the Field. When you can't crack 35% then you shouldn't even be in this league.

And yet, to the original point of your thread, for as much as he sucks compared to his peers in the Association, he and everyone else in the NBA is on a different level than the best guy at your high school, local gym, park, etc. Some red poster up thread said it best: The worst guy on the worst team is still one of the best players in the world.

Female ref?

Masstastic
08-24-2012, 10:09 PM
When you get the green light to do whatever you want and you have decent skills you will be good. This is with alot of people in the NBA. I've played with DII guys that look like crap in a system, but when they play pick up ball they go ham.

Thing is when your playing with real coaches you do anything out of their system, they get pissed and yank you. Also got politics like any sport. Someone like OJ Mayo who is not a scrub by any means but not viewed as a superstar would make everyone look like elementary kids on the court if he had that kind of freedom.
Good point on the systems.

But sometimes you actually have to have the skills to warrant being given the green light, espescially when it comes to ballhandling. I think that to this day is still one of the things holding Mayo back in the NBA.

i follow deshawn on facebook, he is one funny ass dude... and ya know he has his own ATM machine in his crib, and his girl always posts self pics of herself on it.

You not mad at him for what he did last season in NJ?

Masstastic
08-24-2012, 10:13 PM
And yet, to the original point of your thread, for as much as he sucks compared to his peers in the Association, he and everyone else in the NBA is on a different level than the best guy at your high school, local gym, park, etc. Some red poster up thread said it best: The worst guy on the worst team is still one of the best players in the world.

Female ref?

But that is the part that is so amazing when you see it happen.

A guy to my memory has never took over a game in the NBA and for the most part has been getting worse and worse due to his knee issue.....goes against guys who probably play everyday and is just imposing his will on them.

I know its just highlights but I couldn't imagine someone NOT being able to guard DeShawn Stevenson until I saw this. He had been on my list of NBA players who I could probably guard successfully in a 5 on 5 game.

I OuTsiDeR I
08-24-2012, 10:40 PM
But that is the part that is so amazing when you see it happen.

A guy to my memory has never took over a game in the NBA and for the most part has been getting worse and worse due to his knee issue.....goes against guys who probably play everyday and is just imposing his will on them.

I know its just highlights but I couldn't imagine someone NOT being able to guard DeShawn Stevenson until I saw this. He had been on my list of NBA players who I could probably guard successfully in a 5 on 5 game. Its all about confidence and being comfortable. I have seen not say good players think like their the best and they actually play pretty good.

When you feel comfortable, your confidence goes up, when your confidence goes up and you have decent skills, you can go ham. Even when I play pick up games, when I am comfortable on a team, I play extremely well and can get my shot going easily. When I feel uncomfortable on a team, I scale back alot and tend to be more passive. He knows hes probably one of the best there, his confidence goes way up, prolly tries to intimidate because they know hes been in the NBA. Nothing feels better than knowing the guy in front of you absolutely has no chance in guarding you.

DerrickRose1
08-24-2012, 10:44 PM
He had been on my list of NBA players who I could probably guard successfully in a 5 on 5 game.

5'9 191

lol

Masstastic
08-24-2012, 10:51 PM
5'9 191

lol
My ACL's remain stable. How about you?

weezyjaunt
08-24-2012, 11:03 PM
I remember when he was on the Wizards and gave himself the nickname "Mr. 50" because his field goal percentage was just over 50%, lmao

Backus21
08-24-2012, 11:16 PM
I think about this all the time. I mean for NBA standards players like Scalabrine, Luke Walton, and AJ Price are just turrible, but they would be better than anyone an average joe would play. I mean if one of these guys walked in your local Bball gym and started playing pickup games they would destroy people lol

DerrickRose1
08-25-2012, 12:03 AM
My ACL's remain stable. How about you?

what?

ChefPhalBignuts
08-25-2012, 12:22 AM
lolwut

"Stevenson appeared in 222 regular season games during his time with Utah. He averaged 5.9 ppg., 1.9 rpg. and 1.2 apg. "

TML89
08-25-2012, 01:28 AM
what?

Name: DerrickRose1
Masstastic's statement: Over his head.

SF49ers
08-25-2012, 03:05 AM
I guess everyone will just call him a scrub and ignore his lockdown defense.

The phuck is going on in this thread...superstar? No. Scrub? Hell no. People mad? Always.

Desean is beasting on kids in a rec league then going home and counting cash. Get off his dik

thacalikid911
08-25-2012, 03:56 AM
I guess everyone will just call him a scrub and ignore his lockdown defense.

The phuck is going on in this thread...superstar? No. Scrub? Hell no. People mad? Always.

Desean is beasting on kids in a rec league then going home and counting cash. Get off his dik

this

http://arodrive.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/DeShawn-Stevenson-atm-kitchen.jpg

brb atm in kitchen