PDA

View Full Version : The NBA has sunken so low that this is the only solution (srs)

TranceOfPeace
08-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Lettuce be real tea, the Lakers, Heat and Thunder are gonna win the next 5-6 ships. You're mad because you're a Knicks fan. Or one of the other teams in the league that everyone else has forgot about.

The parity in this league is a fukking joke. It's worse than the MLB and the MLB doesn't even have a salary cap.

So here's what David Stern should do to fix this mess that he's created:

Throw all the players into one big pool and do a huge franchise draft ala fantasy sports, snake style.

This is the best way to even out all the teams in a league that has such a drastic difference from top teams to bottom teams. And the only argument against this would be that the teams picking first, albeit a snake draft, would still have a big advantage since they'd be getting the likes of Lebron and Durant and etc. Even then the teams would still be more even.

And what they could do to determine the draft order is take the team with the worst winning percentage over the last 10 years and anoint them the first pick, and then the second worst winning percentage the second pick, etc. Since that shows the organizations are pretty inept and lack the knowledge and the effort that the winning organizations have. Like how LeBron falling into the Cavs hand turned a sh*t organization into a competing one.

This would rake in so much money it would be ridiculous. The marketing, the actual event, all the merchandise especially the jerseys.

Teams with huge fanbases like the Lakers would still attract all their fans, and now the sh*t teams like the Bobcats and Cavs will attract new fans and bring the old ones back.

It would be a breath of fresh air to say the least. It's the only way.

BertDiggler
08-22-2012, 11:26 PM
ive got stern on the phone, he says- .... he just said that "youre a gen- redredredredred"

Masstastic
08-22-2012, 11:27 PM
No.

The Lakers, Heat, & Thunder are in the position they're in because they have great front offices.

You could do a "fantasy draft" and put Dwight in a place like Milwaukee and LeBron in a place like Sacramento to balance the league out and management there would still find a way to **** it up despite having Elite players to build around.

Those same teams who you feel are dominating the league will only emerge again and stars will still be attracted to being there once their contracts expire.

cor030
08-22-2012, 11:29 PM
No.

The Lakers, Heat, & Thunder are in the position they're in because they have great front offices.

You could do a "fantasy draft" and put Dwight in a place like Milwaukee and LeBron in a place like Sacramento to balance the league out and management there would still find a way to **** it up despite having Elite players to build around.

Those same teams who you feel are dominating the league will only emerge again and stars will still be attracted to being there once their contracts expire.

I get what you're saying and for the most part agree, but doesn't being in LA or Miami make a front offices job a little bit more easier than say a team in Milwaukee or Charlotte?(NOT making excuses for the Bobcats dog**** front office, just playing devils advocate).

I typed it out at first and it made a lot more sense, but re-reading it I'm speaking jibberish. What I'm saying is, it's easier to get good players to WANT to join your team when you're playing in a city like LA, whereas who the **** would want to come play for Charlotte? Obviously it's no excuse to continually fail year after year, but when you're essentially a no-thought for every decent free agent/trade target, it puts a strain on things.

BertDiggler
08-22-2012, 11:34 PM
location definitely helps sell a team to a player...

gswarrior510
08-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Big-Market: Knicks, Nets, Lakers, Clippers, Raptors, Bulls, 76ers, Mavericks, Warriors, & Celtics.
Mid-Market: Hawks, Wizards, Rockets, Pistons, Suns, T'wolves, Heat, Nuggets, Cavs, & Magic.
Small-Market: Kings, Blazers, Bobcats, Pacers, Jazz, Bucks, Spurs, Thunder, Grizzlies, & Hornets.

those are the teams that manage to stay in playoffs most of the years since 90's.. Soo, no doesn't really matter

phaggotbrah
08-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Inb4 lebron finds himself back at cleveland thanks to OP's great idea

Gooner89
08-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Clipper, Warriors, and Bobcats with top 3 picks the next 5 years.

VTheKing
08-23-2012, 12:19 AM
I get what you're saying and for the most part agree, but doesn't being in LA or Miami make a front offices job a little bit more easier than say a team in Milwaukee or Charlotte?(NOT making excuses for the Bobcats dog**** front office, just playing devils advocate).

I typed it out at first and it made a lot more sense, but re-reading it I'm speaking jibberish. What I'm saying is, it's easier to get good players to WANT to join your team when you're playing in a city like LA, whereas who the **** would want to come play for Charlotte? Obviously it's no excuse to continually fail year after year, but when you're essentially a no-thought for every decent free agent/trade target, it puts a strain on things.

You can say that about LA or Boston sure, but a big reason why Lebron/Bosh signed with Miami was due to another superstar's presence (Wade), which of course was the work of the front office in the first place to draft him and keep him around. But to convince a generational talent and another All-Star to sign with a team without LA's or Boston's history is a very remarkable FO achievement.

in b4 "it's Florida" argument, yeah the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Florida Panthers and the Tampa Bay Rays sure are sporting superpowers.

Masstastic
08-23-2012, 12:34 AM

Its not that simple to be honest.

While the bigger cities are presumed to be more attractive to a player, its not always that consistent with what happens. While you have to get lucky to land a superstar in the draft, management has to step up for that player to want to stay and attract other players to join them.

You look at the major market teams:

- Boston
Is a washed up Dominique Wilkins the biggest FA signing they've ever had? They could never attract Free Agents to come to Boston and always built through the draft or via trades. I think it was pretty evident in the last year how the big stars see Boston where CP3 was non-commital on signing longterm there and Dwight simply was not interested at all.

- New York
The Knicks have been a laughingstock for years and hadn't been able to attract superstar level players despite the fact you get to live/play in NYC. All guys want to be in a media market like that but the team's management had been so terrible that stars avoided going there just as much as the Knicks couldn't put the pieces together to acquire them.

-Chicago
What are they without Jordan? Their owner refuses to go into the luxury tax and admittedly doesn't care about winning NBA Championships. Their biggest FA signing of the last 15 years has been Carlos Boozer, and that was after about 4-5 players passed on "teaming up" with Derrick Rose. To add further insult, Dwight Howard refused to be traded there despite it being a great fit.

- Los Angeles
I'm talking about the Clippers. Decades upon decades of failure in LA, it took getting lucky with Blake Griffin and being able to flip Eric Gordon to get a superstar in CP3 for them to finally try to start to turn things around.

- Miami
Before Wade was drafted & the trade for Shaq, the only way Miami was able to get star FA's to come there to play was to do the same thing a team like Charlotte would and that was to overpay them by a wide margin (Alonzo Mourning) or trade for them.

The Lakers are just so successful because their management is top notch in a big market that they always find ways to reload with a different superstar to usher them into a new era.

heat63
08-23-2012, 12:36 AM
stupidest post ever.

I OuTsiDeR I
08-23-2012, 12:45 AM
I thought this new deal they made was suppose to give smaller markets a better chance. Which was why they vetoed the Chris Paul trade. Lakers got screwed last year, then hit the Jack pot with Nash and Howard this year.

You know how refs give make up calls for a bad call in the NBA. Does anyone think the NBA gave a makeup call to the Lakers front office lol.

yungbreezy
08-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Like this hasn't happened before...

Pretty much every decade had been dominated by a few teams, you only have to look back over the last 14 titles, Lakers and Spurs have combined for 9 of them.

cate0504
08-23-2012, 02:41 AM
location definitely helps sell a team to a player...

I have to agree with you there. It's part of marketing.