PDA

View Full Version : Constipation

sinmarazul
08-21-2012, 05:33 AM
Recently, I have noticed a change in my bowel movements. I'll be constipated for days and then I'll have explosive ( can't-hold-it-almost-****-on-myself....This is probably TMI, but it has happened). This is followed by two to three days of feeling bloated with sharp pain in my abdomen, it's really uncomfortable and prevents me from working, much less training. I eat plenty of fiber. Could it be the CLA I'm taking? Or the l-carnitine? Maybe it's the protein shake ( dymatize fusion 7, it has fiber in it )? Quest protein bars ( has 24 grams of fiber and I have been taking them for months now, one a day ). Anyone have any ideas or recommendations?

chevro1et
08-21-2012, 05:45 AM
Systematically remove 1 variable at a time for a pre-determined length of time (3-5 days) and track how things change or don't change.

bah01001
08-21-2012, 05:49 AM
Systematically remove 1 variable at a time for a pre-determined length of time (3-5 days) and track how things change or don't change.

This.

Or give tea with senna leaf in it a try....I drink a cup of this when i haven't gone in a few days and then I have NO issues

sinmarazul
08-21-2012, 05:59 AM

I've stopped taking everything I was taking. I should have done what you said because if it isn't the CLA or L-carnitine I would have wanted to continue stacking those two.

sinmarazul
08-21-2012, 06:00 AM
This.

Or give tea with senna leaf in it a try....I drink a cup of this when i haven't gone in a few days and then I have NO issues

I can get this anywhere?

Stefanogym
08-21-2012, 06:36 AM
if you feel inspired you could try the 80-10-10 diet, I am sure constipation would be not a problem anymore :)

sinmarazul
08-21-2012, 07:02 AM
if you feel inspired you could try the 80-10-10 diet, I am sure constipation would be not a problem anymore :)

Just looked it up, that's a ****load ( no pun intended ) of fruit lol

Stefanogym
08-21-2012, 11:42 AM
I am doing it currently, it is challenging , but my inner guidance keeps telling on walking this way, my health is improving by the day

Stefanogym
08-21-2012, 12:01 PM
I do loads and loads of soft consisting ****... is a pleasure to let it flow out effortlesly :)

sinmarazul
08-21-2012, 03:54 PM
I do loads and loads of soft consisting ****... is a pleasure to let it flow out effortlesly :)

I'm jealous. I might have to do this. If I continue to not **** and then explode, this might be the only way around that without using medicine.

Hummina
08-21-2012, 04:16 PM
eating enough veggies? if i dont have enough veggies on a daily basis, i wont get constipated, but it will get a bit, ermmm, difficult to go.

also, try upping you fat intake. helps keep everything lubed. for the time being, a bigass glass of prune juice!

yieldtonothing
08-21-2012, 04:18 PM
see a dr. i had this problem for a while, including the abdomen pain.

turns out i had ulcers

srs go to the dr and get an endoscopy

srs

Stefanogym
08-21-2012, 11:58 PM
I'm jealous. I might have to do this. If I continue to not **** and then explode, this might be the only way around that without using medicine.
yes , the key is not using the medicine, but allowing the natural body capacity to heal itself, this is the key. Those bodies are originally intended to last forever.. usually people choose journeys where they destroy them with their choices in 80-90 years... but they are forever, if treated a certain way.. it's all about consciousness... all about consciousness <3

dapits
08-22-2012, 04:13 AM
Make sure you are getting in enough fiber and fat. I understated the importance of fat in bowel movements when I was a noob, only getting in 40-45g fat/day and didn't know how to fit more in a cutting diet and I didn't see or feel the need for more. Everything went away when I started to consume 65-75g of fat everyday.

Good luck !

sinmarazul
08-22-2012, 06:13 AM
Make sure you are getting in enough fiber and fat. I understated the importance of fat in bowel movements when I was a noob, only getting in 40-45g fat/day and didn't know how to fit more in a cutting diet and I didn't see or feel the need for more. Everything went away when I started to consume 65-75g of fat everyday.

Good luck !

It really feels like this might be the issue. I've incorporated bacon into my morning meal and more saturated fats into my dinner and lunch. I might have to pull out the big guns and eat some pizza.

sinmarazul
08-22-2012, 06:15 AM
see a dr. i had this problem for a while, including the abdomen pain.

turns out i had ulcers

srs go to the dr and get an endoscopy

srs

Oh God :( What type of ulcer did you have? I'm terrified now :(

sinmarazul
08-22-2012, 06:16 AM
yes , the key is not using the medicine, but allowing the natural body capacity to heal itself, this is the key. Those bodies are originally intended to last forever.. usually people choose journeys where they destroy them with their choices in 80-90 years... but they are forever, if treated a certain way.. it's all about consciousness... all about consciousness <3

I feel like maybe the combination of fibers in Quest bars and sugar alcohols + low fat diet might be the culprit here. I used to do a fruit + vegetable shake everyday and I was super regular.

sinmarazul
08-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Could it be sucralose?

RN2590
02-13-2013, 11:45 AM
I was going to make a new thread but this one seems relatively new. I am finishing up my 40 lbs cut and was constipated for about 2 weeks and thought my diet hasn't changed by looked at my food log, only difference was I went from about 80g fat to 40, and replaced it with a couple of more servings of fruits. I thought the fiber would help but was it ever hard to push out the food. Took out some fruits, added 2 extra ounces of nuts and back to normal, lubricated you know what. Not to mention depression and foggy memory is gone. It's amazing what something as little as 30g fat can do!

Awesana
02-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Metamucil FTW. As long as it doesn't screw with your macros (there's a sugar free version as well), try drinking it every night for the next week. It should even things out and stop the diarrhea at least. Go with a tablespoon in about 10 oz of water, then CHUG. The longer it sits, the thicker it gets, and it is gross to drink it when it thickens. Chase it with more water.

The bonus: there's no stimulants that will suddenly send you running for the bathroom. It's just a fiber supplement.