PDA

View Full Version : Question about junk food

dc1992hp
08-18-2012, 07:24 PM
if i eat a **** ton of un healthy food and the next day i only eat 1 meal will i burn off the fat and sugars from the previous day or instead go catabolic?

PrinceJontino
08-18-2012, 07:31 PM
you will blow up and die.

ZMan45
08-18-2012, 07:36 PM
if i eat a **** ton of un healthy food and the next day i only eat 1 meal will i burn off the fat and sugars from the previous day or instead go catabolic?Dependent on total calories. Just eat normally and move on.

dc1992hp
08-18-2012, 07:43 PM
you will blow up and die.

This is why im asking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK3Ra_Bv0m8

bodybuilder03
08-18-2012, 07:46 PM
No that will not work. By only eating once the whole day you are actually going to cause your metabolism to slow down and not process and utilize nutrients properly. In order for your metabolism to work and burn/utilize calories you need to still eat your normal meal thorough out the day.

pshickey
08-18-2012, 07:46 PM
No such thing as junk food.

dc1992hp
08-18-2012, 07:50 PM
No such thing as junk food. i disagree lol, food with chemicals added?

pshickey
08-18-2012, 07:51 PM
i disagree lol, food with chemicals added?

You have been misinformed.

ZMan45
08-18-2012, 08:03 PM
No that will not work. By only eating once the whole day you are actually going to cause your metabolism to slow down and not process and utilize nutrients properly. In order for your metabolism to work and burn/utilize calories you need to still eat your normal meal thorough out the day.lolwat.

MetilHed
08-18-2012, 08:06 PM

So what you really wanted was hits on your Youtube video of you eating bananas and belching ? Do all those dishes and you'll work it off . . .

vismal
08-18-2012, 08:09 PM
So what you really wanted was hits on your Youtube video of you eating bananas and belching ? Do all those dishes and you'll work it off . . .
lol'd and repped

dc1992hp
08-18-2012, 08:19 PM

5'8 260lbs? go run...

MetilHed
08-18-2012, 08:24 PM
5'8 260lbs? go run...

Working on it, that's why I'm here.

Kahldris
08-18-2012, 08:33 PM
if i eat a **** ton of un healthy food and the next day i only eat 1 meal will i burn off the fat and sugars from the previous day or instead go catabolic?

wtf am I reading

are you from the 80's?

dc1992hp
08-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Working on it, that's why I'm here.

I heard not being a smart ass on the forum is a good way to lose weight bra.

hattz19
08-18-2012, 08:41 PM

Hahhaha. Repped.

OP: As stupid as I think that video was, since I only enjoy FuriousPete and Adam Richman, I will answer your question seriously.

Two sprites are around 280 calories? 6 bananas, probably 600. You probably consumed somewhere around 900 calories. It depends, how big of a meal you plan on consuming the next day, the macros of that meal, etc, etc. I would just eat normally. Your body doesn't say "Oh, crap, a banana and Sprite... bad food." Your body cares about the nutrients you put into it, and really could care less about where they come from. Thus, you need to stop labeling food as healthy and unhealthy. Sprite isn't nutrient dense, it's next to nothing, but if you hit your macros and have room left for a Sprite, go ahead and glug away. Listen to ZMan and eat normally... depended on your goals learn to track your macros, track your calories, and if anything at a slightly larger deficit, and move on. If you had a spare 1,000 calories in your diet and hit your macros, that stunt in your video was just fine. Also, check your signature and please spell correctly, that is me being helpful to you. Good luck.

EDIT: Learn what broscience is, and then re-read everything you just posted.

Pladzor
08-18-2012, 08:52 PM
No such thing as junk food.

This man speaks the truth

desslok
08-18-2012, 08:57 PM

In the OP you said food with carbs and fat were junk food. So which is it?

EricTheAwesome
08-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Lol. Buddy your body cant tell the difference between mcdonalds meat and costco meat. maybe a little bit of added stuff you dont need but its w/e.

I eat about 10 mcdoubles a day, Why? Cause its 10 dollars for the whole day.

Gemuadrken
08-18-2012, 09:04 PM
5'8 260lbs? go run...

hey phaggot we don't make fun of overweight people here. We can make fun of them for their lack of information and on occasion height; but not for being overweight.

OP its great that you are interested in nutrition.

OP as far as weight loss all that matters is calories in/calories out. Going for a run is no magic bullet, but it can help increase your calorie deficit. You can calculate your calorie needs by using the stickied threads in the nutrition section; as well as your protein, carb, and fat needs.

Junk food does not exist, nor does healthy food. But a healthy diet can exist. A healthy diet is one that incorperates all the foods you love (pizza, burgers, icecream, etc...), while still hitting your macronutrient goals; as well as getting sufficient micronutrients. which are not hard to come by.

1Lb of fat is about 3500 calories, so subtracting 500 calories per day from your body's calorie needs will lose you 1lb a week. 1000 calorie deficit will lose you 2lbs a week, and so on.

GL.

And also, wtf is up with all this janky info in this thread? Cant tell if srs about a lot of you lol

dc1992hp
08-18-2012, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=Gemuadrken;935238333]hey phaggot we don't make fun of overweight people here. We can make fun of them for their lack of information and on occasion height; but not for being overweight.

OP its great that you are interested in nutrition.

OP as far as weight loss all that matters is calories in/calories out. Going for a run is no magic bullet, but it can help increase your calorie deficit. You can calculate your calorie needs by using the stickied threads in the nutrition section; as well as your protein, carb, and fat needs.

Junk food does not exist, nor does healthy food. But a healthy diet can exist. A healthy diet is one that incorperates all the foods you love (pizza, burgers, icecream, etc...), while still hitting your macronutrient goals; as well as getting sufficient micronutrients. which are not hard to come by.

1Lb of fat is about 3500 calories, so subtracting 500 calories per day from your body's calorie needs will lose you 1lb a week. 1000 calorie deficit will lose you 2lbs a week, and so on.

GL.

Your body is smart it is most efficent at burning fat when you do high intensity cardio such as running. Its the best solution besides dieting. Your the phaggot.

dc1992hp
08-18-2012, 09:37 PM
By the way "phaggot" this a BB forum not BigGame.com so change your damn pp

rolandszi
08-18-2012, 09:37 PM
fatty foods ok once in a while.

VQ35DE
08-18-2012, 09:59 PM

Your not in the teen forum anymore my man. Time to learn to spell and grow up, because lets be real. When you made this bs thread what did you expect?

Chad31275
08-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Your not in the teen forum anymore my man. Time to learn to spell and grow up, because lets be real. When you made this bs thread what did you expect?Word.

JasonDB
08-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Op there is no such thing as junk food or healthy food or unhealthy food. There is only healthy overall diet and lifestyle vs unhealthy overall diet and lifestyle. A healthy diet would be described as any diet that meets all of the following:
-whose food is varied enough for good nutrient diversity
-total daily and weekly food intake does not create much, if any, caloric surplus, or excessive caloric deficit
-meets all of your protein, essential fat, vitamin and mineral needs
-does not contain toxic levels of anything which can include vitamins and minerals.
- does not contain foods that you personally are allergic too or intolerant of enough to cause medical issues

Individual food choices themself in isolation are generally speaking, never healthy or unhealthy other than the last point in which case those foods are unhealthy for specific individuals, but not the general populace. In other words if the above are met, it doesn't matter what foods you eat to achieve these goals and a healthy diet and even a fat loss diet can contain pizza, ice cream, sugar, hamburgers and other foods many consider "junk food" as long as they are in moderation enough so that all of the above criteria are met.

hattz19
08-19-2012, 01:23 AM

I'm not surprised you heard that, since it fits in perfectly with all the other bull**** you've spewed together in this dumb thread.

hattz19
08-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Op there is no such thing as junk food or healthy food or unhealthy food. There is only healthy overall diet and lifestyle vs unhealthy overall diet and lifestyle. A healthy diet would be described as any diet that meets all of the following:
-whose food is varied enough for good nutrient diversity
-total daily and weekly food intake does not create much, if any, caloric surplus, or excessive caloric deficit
-meets all of your protein, essential fat, vitamin and mineral needs
-does not contain toxic levels of anything which can include vitamins and minerals.
- does not contain foods that you personally are allergic too or intolerant of enough to cause medical issues

Individual food choices themself in isolation are generally speaking, never healthy or unhealthy other than the last point in which case those foods are unhealthy for specific individuals, but not the general populace. In other words if the above are met, it doesn't matter what foods you eat to achieve these goals and a healthy diet and even a fat loss diet can contain pizza, ice cream, sugar, hamburgers and other foods many consider "junk food" as long as they are in moderation enough so that all of the above criteria are met.

This, OP please read this. Will rep when I can rep you again.