PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Food.

Djd567
08-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Hey guys , On monday I'm Starting Bulking and i recently finished reading Zyzz's book.

He pretty much eats Oats like crazy but i can't do that.

So i did some shopping and i got these foods:

Chicken
Oats
Skrim Milk
Water
Omega 3 Capsules
Classic Whey Protein
Chopped Beef
Peanut Butter
Pita Bread
Chedar Cheese
Wholegrain Rice (Uncle Ben's)
Tuna (Packed in water)
Broccoli
Banana's
Apple's

So would you say this food is good enought to bulk? First time bulking.

Gotta get 3500 calories a day , Jeez thats alot.

sevd
08-18-2012, 03:32 PM
First of all of you are bulking thne you should probably switch from buying skim milk to buying whole milk, also buy some calorie dense foods if have trouble with getting enough calories, some examples are nuts, ice cream, nut butter, dried fruit, chocolate, cheese, eggs, and granola.

DieHards77
08-18-2012, 03:35 PM
First of all of you are bulking thne you should probably switch from buying skim milk to buying whole milk, also buy some calorie dense foods if have trouble with getting enough calories, some examples are nuts, ice cream, nut butter, dried fruit, chocolate, cheese, eggs, and granola.

I disagree. If he is eating ~3500 calories per day and wants to keep that food selection it should be really easy to his those calorie totals and not feel overly full.

Your food selection looks great IMO and is very similar to mine. Since you are bulking don't hesitate to expand your food selections into other things as well, like sevd suggestion. Food diversity is fine as long as you hit your target macronutrient goals for the day.

Djd567
08-18-2012, 03:37 PM
I disagree. If he is eating ~3500 calories per day and wants to keep that food selection it should be really easy to his those calorie totals and not feel overly full.

Your food selection looks great IMO and is very similar to mine. Since you are bulking don't hesitate to expand your food selections into other things as well, like sevd suggestion. Food diversity is fine as long as you hit your target macronutrient goals for the day.Thank you man :) :) Gotta get few Lbs up , Bulking for few months to see some gains then probobly stay the same and then cutting for summer :) Thanks brah.

DieHards77
08-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Thank you man :) :) Gotta get few Lbs up , Bulking for few months to see some gains then probobly stay the same and then cutting for summer :) Thanks brah.

No problem at all, glad I could help

JinKazama23
08-18-2012, 04:12 PM
I would also recommend full fat milk rather than skim.
And just a side-note, try buying all natural/organic peanut butter. It's a lot healthier are more delicious in my opinion.

Just find out what works for you and expand your food selection from time to time to switch things up. Best of luck!

psychodiver9
08-18-2012, 04:22 PM
are you going to supplement like zyzz too? Coping the diet of someone juiced to the gills is a bad idea. You do know he died from it right?

ZMan45
08-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Variety is the spice of life my friend. Looks like a fine list, but don't be afraid to venture out and try new things.

DieHards77
08-18-2012, 04:38 PM
I would also recommend full fat milk rather than skim.
And just a side-note, try buying all natural/organic peanut butter. It's a lot healthier are more delicious in my opinion.

Just find out what works for you and expand your food selection from time to time to switch things up. Best of luck!

can I ask why you suggest full fat milk over skim?

vismal
08-18-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm guessing because it has more calories.

Scoper50
08-18-2012, 04:46 PM

From the list of foods you provided, the only food with a significant amount of fat is the peanut butter. You seem to be afraid to consume fat. Remember, eating fat does not translate to gains in body fat. You should aim to get .35-.45g of fat per lb of body weight. Its important if you want to pack on muscle and keep your hormone levels in check. Whole milk is an excellent source of dietary fat.

DieHards77
08-18-2012, 05:32 PM
From the list of foods you provided, the only food with a significant amount of fat is the peanut butter. You seem to be afraid to consume fat. Remember, eating fat does not translate to gains in body fat. You should aim to get .35-.45g of fat per lb of body weight. Its important if you want to pack on muscle and keep your hormone levels in check. Whole milk is an excellent source of dietary fat.

I'm guessing because it has more calories.

But his food list said absolutely nothing about quantity so needing extra fat from another source is just your assumption, right? Peanut butter is a great fat source and if you want it to be your majority fat source I see nothing wrong with that. Again if you want to use whole milk IMO go right ahead, its all personal preference as long as you hit your daily macros.

Jemima92
08-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Hey guys , On monday I'm Starting Bulking and i recently finished reading Zyzz's book.

He pretty much eats Oats like crazy but i can't do that.

So i did some shopping and i got these foods:

Chicken
Oats
Skrim Milk
Water
Omega 3 Capsules
Classic Whey Protein
Chopped Beef
Peanut Butter
Pita Bread
Chedar Cheese
Wholegrain Rice (Uncle Ben's)
Tuna (Packed in water)
Broccoli
Banana's
Apple's

So would you say this food is good enought to bulk? First time bulking.

Gotta get 3500 calories a day , Jeez thats alot.

Dried fruit and nuts - heaps of micronutrients, healthy fat and calories. I am addicted to dried dates & walnuts.