PDA

View Full Version : Squat critique please!

sonti
08-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Oh yes, a video of the image-video elusive sonti. Can you guys help me with a 2nd pair of eyes? Normally I have decent squat form but my bulge is starting to make me have to modify my positioning etc. and I just want to know if you have any comments/observations. Apologies for the annoying Disney channel in the background, I'm sure most of you understand :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm9ugCQyPpc&feature=player_detailpage

rdferguson
08-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Got a bit of butt-wink happening there, but otherwise looks good.

sonti
08-16-2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks very much. I got a similar comment in the exercises section (along with a mandatory insult for not using a barbell, typical BB.com, the only place on the planet where an 8 month pregnant woman gets insulted for not using a barbell). I was thinking it looked a little off but wasn't really sure how, I will try and focus on that today thanks :)

tina722
08-16-2012, 10:16 AM
^^lol at the barbell comment.

I thought they looked good too - much better flexibility than mine.

Your son is adorable!

sonti
08-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Oh thanks Tina!! I had to stop abruptly. The kid ignores me and then decides to walk in front of me when I'm holding a kettlebell (if I'm doing swings, he'll run in front!). Sad thing is, that was the best out of like 5 takes, he just couldn't resist being a part of it.

And well, your bench is much better than mine ;) So we're even...

Michelle_Rose
08-16-2012, 12:02 PM
hey ! its not a barbell ! :)

ok, what the fudge is a butt wink ??

rdferguson
08-16-2012, 09:19 PM
hey ! its not a barbell ! :)

ok, what the fudge is a butt wink ??
"Butt wink" in training is when the bum tucks under at the bottom of a squat. Unlike butt wink in canine ownership when one's dog squints its anus in your general direction.

sonti
08-18-2012, 09:01 AM
"Butt wink" in training is when the bum tucks under at the bottom of a squat. Unlike butt wink in canine ownership when one's dog squints its anus in your general direction.

lol!

I've been practicing more and I can really see what you mean now. I think it has to do with having a bump (which sort of drags me forward a bit) but now I can really focus on it. I spent months working on knee caving problems and depth, now I've got this, but I'm almost there!!! :) Thanks appreciated.

Michelle_Rose
08-18-2012, 11:39 AM
lol!

I've been practicing more and I can really see what you mean now. I think it has to do with having a bump (which sort of drags me forward a bit) but now I can really focus on it. I spent months working on knee caving problems and depth, now I've got this, but I'm almost there!!! :) Thanks appreciated.

dont work too hard, you wont have that problem anymore in few months :P

sonti
08-18-2012, 11:44 AM
7-10 weeks or so I hope :) Not that I mind, I have an Oct 29th due date and hope I can be just enough overdue to take my boy out for his 2nd Halloween! :)

I'm quite interested in future kettlebell training/teaching/RKC so I want to get as much practice as I can.

Big_Sky_Guy
08-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Sonti- You grabbed that KB like it was a feather, but based on size I would estimate it as a 53. Are you superwoman? :)

Squats looked solid. Dropping in smooth and full depth and staying mid foot to heels and finishing with hip drive.

Do 3/4 view from front or rear so people can see how your knee tracts as that is the other major component to look at.

Love that you are staying active and lifting through your pregnancy. Gen (wife) still had upper abs at 6 months with our first child.

ilovethe80s
08-19-2012, 02:15 PM
wow sonti, looking good there, form and all. Pregnancy suits you. I cracked up when your son came over though. I was just thinking I was glad to see you got some alone time in the weightroom to make a vid. Nope! lol. I know your kids love to intercept your workouts as mine do, but to see it live in action is just priceless :)

sonti
08-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Sonti- You grabbed that KB like it was a feather, but based on size I would estimate it as a 53. Are you superwoman? :)

Squats looked solid. Dropping in smooth and full depth and staying mid foot to heels and finishing with hip drive.

Do 3/4 view from front or rear so people can see how your knee tracts as that is the other major component to look at.

Love that you are staying active and lifting through your pregnancy. Gen (wife) still had upper abs at 6 months with our first child.

Thank you!! :) It's only a 12kg though (so, 1/2 of the 53 ;)) but it's a competition-grade KB so they are all the same size (8kg is pink, 32kg is red, haha!). Upper abs at 6 months? Impressive! My abs were shot pretty quickly with #1, but then I was on the see-food diet with him.

wow sonti, looking good there, form and all. Pregnancy suits you. I cracked up when your son came over though. I was just thinking I was glad to see you got some alone time in the weightroom to make a vid. Nope! lol. I know your kids love to intercept your workouts as mine do, but to see it live in action is just priceless :)

Thank you :) Did you notice he tripped off the platform at the end?? ;) Yes this little guy is always trailing me around!

gailh
08-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks very much. I got a similar comment in the exercises section (along with a mandatory insult for not using a barbell, typical BB.com, the only place on the planet where an 8 month pregnant woman gets insulted for not using a barbell). I was thinking it looked a little off but wasn't really sure how, I will try and focus on that today thanks :)girl....i give you all the credit in the world!! good job!