PDA

View Full Version : How can anyone actually dislike Tebow?

P51
08-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Guy is down to Earth and just an overall cool guy. Doesn't come across cocky or anything.

AlternateHandle
08-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Not his fault the media rides his dick.

Backus21
08-14-2012, 08:48 PM
I really like Tebow and hope he does well but the thing I cant stand is the CONSTANT coverage on him by ESPN and ****. That is probably what most people dislike about him is all the coverage which really isnt his fault at all.

TTexasTT
08-14-2012, 08:48 PM
agreed. dude seems to be a legit good guy. im dont dig the christian scene but i like the way he handles himself.
I guess what Im trying to say is that i would totally blow him.

cor030
08-14-2012, 08:53 PM
I don't dislike him, I just don't think he is a good quarterback.

Fahnestock
08-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Its the media's fault. There's very little not to like about the guy. brb discussing the backup quarterback of a mediocre team 24/7, yep I don't see the problem with this.

RogerSterling
08-14-2012, 09:00 PM
I think 90% of the population likes Tim Tebow. Saying he isn't a good QB isn't the same as not liking him. I like him a lot, think he's an awesome athlete. I also think he sucks as an NFL QB. brb has a worse throwing motion than my sister.

What people hate is the media and irrational fans dick riding him.

AmazinJason
08-14-2012, 09:00 PM
I don't understand why people would hate Tebow AS A PERSON (there are reasons why people might dislike him as a football player), vs. all the thugs in the NFL who get arrested for beating their wives and drunk driving every other week. If they choose to single out Tebow to hate, they have some serious self-evaluation they should do, cuz that's just sad. I absolutely detest people who drink and drive, putting other people's innocent lives at risk. Yet it seems like there are people who hate Tebow more than those thugs.

Hate his football skills. Hate his inability to throw the ball. Maybe you don't like the fact that he is so open about his faith. But how can you hate him as a person?

NoS_oUtLaSt
08-14-2012, 09:01 PM
I honestly don't think anyone hates him like they use to hate him at Florida. I mean the NFL has shown he can't throw that well and who seriously hates someone that is bad. Just overblown media coverage frustrates everyone. I hope the best for Tebow. I'd love to see him in a full time spread option offense where he was put into position to do what he does best. Sadly that isn't the Jets. Think it would be cool if nothing else to see him in Oakland with all that speed in an option offense. Might not win too many games but would be entertaining as fuuuu

Shiden11
08-14-2012, 09:06 PM
He's a Gator

/thread

Masstastic
08-14-2012, 09:13 PM
I think 90% of the population likes Tim Tebow. Saying he isn't a good QB isn't the same as not liking him. I like him a lot, think he's an awesome athlete. I also think he sucks as an NFL QB. brb has a worse throwing motion than my sister.

What people hate is the media and irrational fans dick riding him.
This.

I could understand it in college, but now its gotten to the point where people are riding his dick for no apparent reason except to say they're a "Tebow fan". Its unbearable.

The media has to go with what brings the most ratings and Tebow does.

PervedOut
08-15-2012, 08:06 AM
I have always like Tebow, even when he was winning 41-14 over my boys in the NC game. I was always told "haters" are defined as someone that you "cant be like/do the things they do". Tebow is wealthy, successful, good looking (no homo), and still stands by his strong beliefs. If my son grew up to be just like him I would have zero problems with it.

gentao
08-15-2012, 08:07 AM
hope he does better than expected, guy seems like a decent human being

The_Albatross
08-15-2012, 08:10 AM
He is a celebrity not a quarterback.

I follow sports for the athletes not celebrities.

Covering a shirtless tim tebow prancing around should not be something ESPN does, that is TMz type phaggotry

regGQ
08-15-2012, 09:28 AM
He's not good at his job.

sdballer5588
08-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Tebow is a great guy, and RegGQ, how is he bad at his job? He brought his team into the playoffs from nothing, then WON their first round.

You saying that is a perfect example of an irrational hater.

He has irrational FANS and HATERs. You can say his throwing mechanics are bad but that doesn't make him bad at his job, at all.

KC2892
08-15-2012, 10:09 AM
It's not that I don't like him, I don't like the player the media tries to portray him to be. He's not a good quarterback, he will never be a above average starting QB. Sure his work ethic is good, he still has absolute **** mechanics. He's back to his old college throwing motion, with a long ass wind up, his accuracy isn't great by any means, and his arm strength is just bad, no zip on the ball. He can run, that's about it. He'd be a much better purpose player than a 1 position guy.

KC2892
08-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Tebow is a great guy, and RegGQ, how is he bad at his job? He brought his team into the playoffs from nothing, then WON their first round.

You saying that is a perfect example of an irrational hater.

He has irrational FANS and HATERs. You can say his throwing mechanics are bad but that doesn't make him bad at his job, at all.

We're not all 15 year olds here, drop the word hater. Tebow didn't single single-handedly lead them into the playoffs. 12-6 TD/INT ratio with under 1800 yards, doesn't get you to the playoffs. The way you say he brought his team, almost makes it seem like their defense had no part in the entire season, and that my friend, makes me lmfao.

newtmiscer
08-15-2012, 10:19 AM
seems like a cool, if not the brightest dude, but when espn basically has a camera on him or someone analyzing him 24/7, it gets old

onelochevy
08-15-2012, 11:26 AM
I dont dislike him as a person, I just get tired of the media like everyone else. Every sportscenter episode has a segment from Jets camp. Why is a team with two grossly overrated QB's and head coach that loves to hear himself talk and that probably won't finish with a winning record on TV every day? I wonder how many Giants fans go apeshyt that the Jets are everywhere and nothing gets said about the defending superbowl champs.

BusterMudd
08-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Maybe you don't like the fact that he is so open about his faith. But how can you hate him as a person?

The problem with being "open about [your] faith" (sic) is that it's impossible to be "open" without coming across as proselytizing. Tebow annoys the crap out of me because whenever he opens his mouth about Christianity it comes from a position of presumed superiority. My God's Better Than Your God. I'm Going To Heaven, You're Not. And that shouldn't surprise anyone because that elitism is built in to the fundamental tenets of Christianity.

I'd be completely indifferent to Tebow if he would just stfu and play football. But no, he has to point to the magic sky ghost every time he scores, and for that idiocy I detest him.

ArchangelDante
08-15-2012, 11:32 AM
i actually really like tebow but, same with nash, i can't root for him anymore because of the team he plays for.

dougefresh93
08-15-2012, 11:33 AM
i like him and cheer for him, dude is good person, but ESPN needs to be stopped. Is he an NFL QB, I dont think so. Does he have the talent and work ethic to be an NFL PLAYER, i think so. just how i feel on the subject.

bdub2070
08-15-2012, 12:08 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/tim-tebow-sexy-jesus.jpg