PDA

View Full Version : So since the amount of points Dwight scores don't really matter

gswarrior510
08-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Is it safe to say that Shaq had no post game either? Of course he scored more, but on same (or lower) efficiency as Dwight.

My point is that you dont have to have Hakeem's moves to be a dominant post player. Shaq had 2 moves and 2 counter moves. That's all. The rest is purely physical and touch. Dwight has all that.

This myth that Dwight has no post game or that Bynum is somehow lightyears ahead of him offensively is fabricated by morons who dont watch NBA

jkeithc82
08-14-2012, 05:44 PM
My point is that you dont have to have Hakeem's moves to be a dominant post player.

Has anyone ever argued against this?

Mr_Peepers
08-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Shaq had better footwork and could make quick decisions on which way to spin off defender to get to the hoop. Dwight can not consistently do that.

gswarrior510
08-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Has anyone ever argued against this?

uh always...

Dwight has no moves
Dwight has no offense
Bynum is so much better

Maximum
08-14-2012, 06:11 PM
one thing ive always wondered about D12. He's so athletic and so good at blocking shots...instead of batting half of his blocked shots to the front row to please crowds, why doesn't he just block them and keep them in bounds to start the fast break? i always shook my head at this.

Hengman
08-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Is it safe to say that Shaq had no post game either? Of course he scored more, but on same (or lower) efficiency as Dwight.

My point is that you dont have to have Hakeem's moves to be a dominant post player. Shaq had 2 moves and 2 counter moves. That's all. The rest is purely physical and touch. Dwight has all that.

This myth that Dwight has no post game or that Bynum is somehow lightyears ahead of him offensively is fabricated by morons who dont watch NBA

Points are points, and Dwight can score from what we've seen. Just as long as he does what he does to get those points without ****ing up, then he's very efficient on the court. Dwight can rebound, he's fast, and he's very athletic. Is he as dominant as Shaq? Nah. Shaq is a bigger guy who utilized his size over his skills and used it to his advantage. Howard is smaller of course, but that's why Dwight had to start utilizing different moves.

He learned from the great Olajuwon, which the moves that Hakeem gave to Dwight made Dwight a better player around the post.

DFINC
08-14-2012, 06:41 PM
This is probably irrelevant to what you're asking, but Dwight is a better fit than Bynum on a team filled with other scorers because he can score better on putbacks, pick and rolls, cuts, alleys.