PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox are officially in turmoil

taxe91
08-14-2012, 03:30 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bobby-valentine-red-sox-mutiny-text-dustin-pedroia-larry-lucchino-john-henry-adrian-gonzalez-.html

The owners called the meeting for Boston's off-day in New York on July 26 after first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, texting on behalf of himself and some teammates, aired their dissatisfaction with Valentine for embarrassing starting pitcher Jon Lester by leaving him in to allow 11 runs during a July 22 start. It was the latest incident in a season's worth of bad relations bubbling between Red Sox players and Valentine.

the meeting was confirmed by Cherington. A-gon also confirmed the meeting in an interview about an hour ago.

Terry Francona turned these guys into a bunch of brats.

Phil9
08-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Terry Francona led them to 2 titles. Valentine looks like he is one and done.

taxe91
08-14-2012, 03:32 PM
we need Jason Varitek back

NewYorkMets
08-14-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't think it's fair to let go of a coach/manager after one season but this maybe the exception. Once he's gone you know there's going to be more stories coming out besides what we already know with this and the whole youlk fiasco.

89FoxBody
08-14-2012, 04:14 PM
pathetic franchise. what a bunch of bitchy babies.

iamgenus
08-14-2012, 04:22 PM
pathetic franchise. what a bunch of bitchy babies.

No they should keep their mouths shut when the manager is brutal.

Not that you're biased or anything.

taxe91
08-14-2012, 04:43 PM
No they should keep their mouths shut when the manager is brutal.

Not that you're biased or anything.

hes right about the babies thing. not that we can blame them, tito was babying them for years.

when Bobby called out youk they had two options: 1) lift their game and challenge their manager right back or 2) cry about it to Cherington. they chose the wrong option.

i kindve wish Bobby was harder on them than he has been, the backlash from the Youk comments really tamed him. when you've got a $100+ mill payroll at your disposal you should have full right to give them hell when they lose

whitetigerwoods
08-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Miami keeps beating the celtics and the red sox are falling apart again.

These are the best days of my life.

DlDNTREADLOL
08-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Miami keeps beating the celtics and the red sox are falling apart again.

These are the best days of my life.

Well at least the Pats still get to beat the Dolphins twice every year.....

Gator286
08-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Anyone who watched MLB a decade ago knew Bobby V was a terrible hire for the Sox. Anyone.

WheyneNewton
08-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Anyone who watched MLB a decade ago knew Bobby V was a terrible hire for the Sox. Anyone.

lettuce be reality, anyone who was vaguely aware of Bobby's past knew it wasn't gonna end well, lol

taxe91
08-14-2012, 05:28 PM

fair call. i didnt watch a decade ago but I think what they were going for was a 'dictator' type manager which is probably the right move. but bobby has turned into a subdued pussy since that day that everyone turned on him after he called out Youkilis.

look at what he said in response to the article today:

"Wow. Is that what was said really? That's what Dustin and Adrian said? It did say that? I didn't hear that," Valentine told reporters.

imagine if it was Ozzie Guillen in his shoes lol. pedroia and a-gon probably wouldnt even be in the lineup after that.