PDA

View Full Version : Why all the hate for the Lions?

BornAChampion
08-14-2012, 03:18 PM
So many people are saying the Lions will go 9-7 at best and shyt like that and not even make the playoffs, and I just don't get where all this hate is coming from, and no one's given me an accurate explanation of why they're predicting us to barely have a winning record. 9-7 is the worst-case, 12-4 the best case.

brb pass defense ranked 9th in YPG given up throughout mid-season before injuries
brb best young QB in the game
brb best receiver in the game
brb top 10 pass-blocking offensive line
brb 2/3 runningbacks healthy
brb Pettigrew ascending into a top 10 TE
brb Titus Young
brb Nate Burleson
brb Ryan Broyles (aka best receiver stat-wise in NCAA history)
brb 8-man defensive line rotation that takes pressure off the secondary
brb best backup QB in the league in Shaun Hill

TTexasTT
08-14-2012, 03:31 PM
9-7 isnt **** talking.
more like 6-10. srs

ziaziazia
08-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Look, fuk you and the lions. Nothing but a bunch of goddamned thugs if you ask me. They would probably win a few games if they weren't so immature.

floppyflaps
08-14-2012, 03:41 PM
people are probably going through the schedule and putting L if they played a team that was good last year/expected to be good this year, obviously that isn't a good way of doing things

but they probably think they will lose to: gb 2x, chicago 2x, houston, sf, and then lose some other random game

cor030
08-14-2012, 03:47 PM
I don't know about everyone else but I hate them because their coach is a crybaby phaggot

iamgenus
08-14-2012, 04:26 PM
I don't know about everyone else but I hate them because their coach is a crybaby phaggot

I don't even hate them but yeah, Schwartz is a phaggot.

OP I don't know why you're playing the disrespect card, just because people aren't putting them as superbowl favorites doesn't mean anyone hates them.

evansanity
08-14-2012, 05:02 PM
idk why either OP

brb best backfield
brb best QB
brb best WR
brb best DL
brb best headcoach
brb lions improved their OL, LB's and defensive backfield.

Hishiad
08-14-2012, 05:09 PM
I'd say they lose at least 1 to Chicago, 1 to Green Bay, 1 to SF, 1 to Atl or Philly, 1 to Houston or TN

But I could see them dropping 2 to Green Bay and possible losing to a team people don't expect to beat them like Seattle or Arizona....but if I was putting money I'd say 5 loses.

The_Albatross
08-14-2012, 05:14 PM
You listed nate burleson as a reason that the lions will be good...

BornAChampion
08-14-2012, 10:12 PM
You listed nate burleson as a reason that the lions will be good...

Just one of the many weapons for Stafford. Once Ryan Broyles is fully healthy, pepper your angus.

feardafronfz3
08-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Just one of the many weapons for Stafford. Once Ryan Broyles is fully healthy, pepper your angus.
I really hope Scheffler gets more passes thrown his way this year. With his speed, he can really take advantage of LBs in coverage

9w0huKzsk0I

check out Petti's blocking....he just mauls dudes off the line. Also, Willie Young is a complete animal and wouldn't mind seeing him start opposite Avril instead of KVB. He looks simply unblockable a lot of the time (not just in this vid, but whenever he gets on the field)

Wouldn't be surprised to see some 3-man fronts this year with Suh and Fairley at DE and Williams/Hill at DT. Ronnell Lewis would be the rush LB

BornAChampion
08-14-2012, 10:44 PM
I really hope Scheffler gets more passes thrown his way this year. With his speed, he can really take advantage of LBs in coverage

9w0huKzsk0I

check out Petti's blocking....he just mauls dudes off the line. Also, Willie Young is a complete animal and wouldn't mind seeing him start opposite Avril instead of KVB. He looks simply unblockable a lot of the time (not just in this vid, but whenever he gets on the field)

Wouldn't be surprised to see some 3-man fronts this year with Suh and Fairley at DE and Williams/Hill at DT. Ronnell Lewis would be the rush LB

Just look at this: EcQuJBDznBk

That play was so phucking nasty and at the perfect time.

Brah, imagine this. What if we traded Avril to Cleveland, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, or Jaguars (since they all struggle at pass-rushing) for their top corner (Haden, Talib, Greer, Mathis), so Willie would replace him (which wouldn't make a difference) and our defense would literally have a great shot at top 10. Imagine any of these guys as our #1 corner, Chris Houston as our #2 and Bentley as our nickel back, and Alphonso Smith/Jacob Lacey only seeing the field when we run dime packages.

feardafronfz3
08-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Just look at this: EcQuJBDznBk

That play was so phucking nasty and at the perfect time.

Brah, imagine this. What if we traded Avril to Cleveland, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, or Jaguars for their top corner (Haden, Talib, Greer, Mathis), so Willie would replace him (which wouldn't make a difference) and our defense would literally have a great shot at top 10. Imagine any of these guys as our #1 corner, Chris Houston as our #2 and Bentley as our nickel back, and Alphonso Smith/Jacob Lacey only seeing the field when we run dime packages.
Lol those are pretty far-fetched trade scenarios, but I have complete faith in Mayhew to do his due diligence and put the best team possible on the field. Hell, we tried to sign Cedric Benson and just today attempted to get another DT from the waiver wire. It's apparent from past history that Mayhew really does leave no stone unturned . Next offseason will be interesting to say the least because I have a feeling Houston is gonna go to whatever team ponies up the most money for him and Avril could do the same. Let's hope Mayhew can get a long term deal done with Houston during the season so he won't be tempted to test the free agency waters. Bill Bentley looks like a baller early on in his career and capable of eventually growing into a starting CB. Chris Greenwood is a prospect that I can see making a huge impact down the road-6'1 200 with 4.4 speed. He could develop into a nice player in the secondary

BornAChampion
08-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Lol those are pretty far-fetched trade scenarios, but I have complete faith in Mayhew to do his due diligence and put the best team possible on the field. Hell, we tried to sign Cedric Benson and just today attempted to get another DT from the waiver wire. It's apparent from past history that Mayhew really does leave no stone unturned . Next offseason will be interesting to say the least because I have a feeling Houston is gonna go to whatever team ponies up the most money for him and Avril could do the same. Let's hope Mayhew can get a long term deal done with Houston during the season so he won't be tempted to test the free agency waters. Bill Bentley looks like a baller early on in his career and capable of eventually growing into a starting CB. Chris Greenwood is a prospect that I can see making a huge impact down the road-6'1 200 with 4.4 speed. He could develop into a nice player in the secondary

I'm talking adding a 2nd or 3rd round pick to it if they needed to. If that happened we would be built to win NOW, literally this year since WY resigns next offseason.

avaela
08-15-2012, 01:48 AM
they're a bunch of thugs and Detroit is comparable to Mogadishu for ghettoness and criminal activity

feardafronfz3
08-15-2012, 06:22 AM
I'm talking adding a 2nd or 3rd round pick to it if they needed to. If that happened we would be built to win NOW, literally this year since WY resigns next offseason.
myron my new background?

went from this:

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/6886248/img/NFL/Detroit-CJ1.jpg

to this:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7138/7558112026_32c0091f79_o.jpg

monsterBEN
08-15-2012, 07:03 AM
Better than 9-7?

2 losses to the Packers, and 2 losses to the Bears will make it tough to go 10-2 vs the rest of their schedule.

Clives_Bicep
08-15-2012, 08:06 AM
because they are the lions?

iamgenus
08-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Yo Lion fans...what's the deal with Jahvid Best? Is he going to stay healthy or is he gonna be a phaggot again? And what's up with Leshoure?

Thinking about drafting him as my backup in a PPR league.

Paulie92
08-15-2012, 10:57 AM
*****s just love to hate bruh, lol on every different website in comment boxes everyone tries to burn lions with the "thug" or "POS" stuff.
BRB 10-6 in 2011 after what....eleven years of losing

Gotta love haters

SF49ers
08-15-2012, 11:22 AM
I like some of their players, however they have the biggest phaggot coach. No one likes that guy.

RogerSterling
08-15-2012, 11:23 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/gimsheorts.jpg

kronzino
08-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Didn't they call out their own fanbase labeling them "bandwagoners" after a few bad games?

feardafronfz3
08-15-2012, 12:00 PM
I like some of their players, however they have the biggest phaggot coach. No one likes that guy.
Username: SF49ers

feardafronfz3
08-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Yo Lion fans...what's the deal with Jahvid Best? Is he going to stay healthy or is he gonna be a phaggot again? And what's up with Leshoure?

No one really knows about Best right now, he's listed as week-to-week whatever that means

Schefter tweeted this today
********@ AdamSchefter Lions RB Jahvid Best is likely to start this season on physically unable to perform list, which would sideline him at least first six games.

Lions' fans reaction:
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=93&f=1801&t=9232476

There are A LOT of posters who think his career is over, so take that for what it's worth

LeShoure practiced for the first time today and just did some individual stuff before heading back into the locker room. I don't think they're gonna push him too hard this camp and risk another injury when he has to serve the 2 game suspension anyways. Better off letting him heal up completely before rushing him back into the lineup

wheynweed
08-15-2012, 12:29 PM
This vid is fuking intenseee. I don't see them having a losing record, too much young talent. Definite wild card contender.
q3Qze4CnSEY

BornAChampion
08-15-2012, 01:09 PM

Still unable to do any contact drills. Concussions are no jokes and you're the phaggot. Leshoure has been said to be killing it in camp so far, he missed the last few weeks and the first preseason game with a sore hamstring, he might play against the Ravens this Friday.

I would too, he's a home-runner. If he gets just a bit of space he's gone.

BornAChampion
08-15-2012, 01:11 PM
This vid is fuking intenseee. I don't see them having a losing record, too much young talent. Definite wild card contender.
q3Qze4CnSEY

Best game I've ever witnessed live, hands down. The emotions I went through were unphucking believable. Lions NEED to work on these slow ass starts if we want to even sniff a division crown.

BornAChampion
08-15-2012, 01:25 PM

Brah, in lots of people's eyes Jim Harbaugh is a stubborn douchebag. Not mine, but in MANY's. He has a history of not being able to shake a coach's hand and say "good game". Everyone in Detroit loves Schwartz. He brings an intensity to this team that has changed it's culture from losing to winning. Harbaugh, in an interview before the WC game between the Saints/Lions was played, was asked about how he'd prepare for the divisional playoff game, and he talked about stopping the Saints, so he basically said the Lions had no chance of winning.

cor030
08-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Brah, in lots of people's eyes Jim Harbaugh is a stubborn douchebag. Not mine, but in MANY's. He has a history of not being able to shake a coach's hand and say "good game". Everyone in Detroit loves Schwartz. He brings an intensity to this team that has changed it's culture from losing to winning. Harbaugh, in an interview before the WC game between the Saints/Lions was played, was asked about how he'd prepare for the divisional playoff game, and he talked about stopping the Saints, so he basically said the Lions had no chance of winning.

Jim Schartz overly celebrated the week(might have been 2 weeks) they beat the Lions, running onto the field pumping his fist..

then he complained about Jim Harbaugh after his lions lost.

dude is a hypocrite. crybaby. phaggot. etc.

BornAChampion
08-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Jim Schartz overly celebrated the week(might have been 2 weeks) they beat the Lions, running onto the field pumping his fist..

then he complained about Jim Harbaugh after his lions lost.

dude is a hypocrite. crybaby. phaggot. etc.

LOL. So pumping your fist is worse than basically pushing another coach out of the way? GTFO with that ****.

iamgenus
08-15-2012, 02:43 PM
LOL. So pumping your fist is worse than basically pushing another coach out of the way? GTFO with that ****.

Oh common. Harbaugh may not be the most touchey feeley guy out there but during the game Schwartz wore this big grin on his face even taunting Harbaugh after he made a coaching snafu(can't remember if he challenged something that couldn't be or called 2 timeouts in a row) then got all pissed off when Harbaugh in a moment of happiness slapped him on the back a bit too hard?

I know Lions fans have to protect their own but that guy had no business being pissed off given the way he was acting earlier in the year in other games and in that one. And he wasn't just mad, he chased Harbaugh like he was actually going to do something then tried to make up some BS about how Harbaugh swore at him.

iamgenus
08-15-2012, 02:50 PM

Oh so he's smart?

Or maybe they already played the Lions that year so they wouldn't need as much work to prepare for a team they already played that season? Nah couldn't be that.

Besides I'm pretty sure he said they'd prepare for both but more so the Saints.

HoustonMiscer
08-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Thanksgiving game finna be good OP. Can't wait

BornAChampion
08-16-2012, 01:35 AM
Oh common. Harbaugh may not be the most touchey feeley guy out there but during the game Schwartz wore this big grin on his face even taunting Harbaugh after he made a coaching snafu(can't remember if he challenged something that couldn't be or called 2 timeouts in a row) then got all pissed off when Harbaugh in a moment of happiness slapped him on the back a bit too hard?

I know Lions fans have to protect their own but that guy had no business being pissed off given the way he was acting earlier in the year in other games and in that one. And he wasn't just mad, he chased Harbaugh like he was actually going to do something then tried to make up some BS about how Harbaugh swore at him.

I gotta admit I did see some interviews with Schwartz giving cocky answers and he kept hinting towards suggesting he'd have no problem beating the 9ers, and it backfired. But brah, if the coaches completely switched roles, I'd still take the side against whoever pushed the other out of the way. Harbaugh would've had no problem afterwards and would've admittedly made Schwartz feel like a dumbass if he just shook his hand then celebrated with his team.

I can't wait for our Week 2 matchup on MNF. Hopefully no BS will happen during or after the handshake.

BornAChampion
08-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Thanksgiving game finna be good OP. Can't wait

Definitely. That's definitely a top 3 game on our schedule next year IMO. Thank goodness we got home in that game, hopefully the crowd causes some false starts!

BornAChampion
08-16-2012, 01:39 AM
Oh so he's smart?

Or maybe they already played the Lions that year so they wouldn't need as much work to prepare for a team they already played that season? Nah couldn't be that.

Besides I'm pretty sure he said they'd prepare for both but more so the Saints.

No, in the interview the way he said it was that he was ONLY preparing for the Saints. I have no idea where I read it, I know you can look it up and find it tho.

And because he's smart? Brah... if the refs didn't hate us we would've had a very good shot at winning that game, and that's with a completely ****ed up secondary including 3 key players playing with major injuries. Remember that fumble we caused and took back for a TD but had called back because the play was ruled dead? How about our 3 dropped picks? We had our chances but unfortunately couldn't take advantage of a single one of them. I just wanted us to win so bad so Harbaugh would feel stupid as hell for his comments.

Hardcore_D00d
08-16-2012, 01:43 AM
the only likable guy on the team is calvin johnson

feardafronfz3
08-16-2012, 01:44 AM
I gotta admit I did see some interviews with Schwartz giving cocky answers and he kept hinting towards suggesting he'd have no problem beating the 9ers, and it backfired. But brah, if the coaches completely switched roles, I'd still take the side against whoever pushed the other out of the way. Harbaugh would've had no problem afterwards and would've admittedly made Schwartz feel like a dumbass if he just shook his hand then celebrated with his team.

I can't wait for our Week 2 matchup on MNF. Hopefully no BS will happen during or after the handshake.

You know Cliff and Anthony Davis are gonna be going at it

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/751601/AnthonyDavis_medium.PNG
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/751605/Davis2_medium.PNG

Avril's response:
@cliffavril
Cliff Avril @AnthonyDavis76 lol that's real professional homie... Well meet again and see what's up

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/751613/Davis3_medium.PNG
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/751617/Davis4_medium.PNG

@cliffavril
Cliff Avril Ima grown man I don't need to talk trash to anybody on twitter... I beef with no one on twitter...

LoJack then comes in and drops some truth
@LoJackson94
Lawrence Jackson Example of a fake twitter gangster: @AnthonyDavis76 the classic tweet and delete move...GROW UP HOMEBOY...

Dis gun be real good

BornAChampion
08-16-2012, 04:35 PM
You know Cliff and Anthony Davis are gonna be going at it

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/751601/AnthonyDavis_medium.PNG
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/751605/Davis2_medium.PNG

Avril's response:
@cliffavril
Cliff Avril @AnthonyDavis76 lol that's real professional homie... Well meet again and see what's up

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/751613/Davis3_medium.PNG
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/751617/Davis4_medium.PNG

@cliffavril
Cliff Avril Ima grown man I don't need to talk trash to anybody on twitter... I beef with no one on twitter...

LoJack then comes in and drops some truth
@LoJackson94
Lawrence Jackson Example of a fake twitter gangster: @AnthonyDavis76 the classic tweet and delete move...GROW UP HOMEBOY...

Dis gun be real good

That's funny. Anthony Davis is straight up average, who is he to take all that credit for a game won on a crazy 4th and 6 play that shouldn't have even been a TD.