PDA

View Full Version : Dwight is retiring a Laker

AirCanada
08-14-2012, 10:09 AM
His face says it all...

http://i.imgur.com/z7a4J.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/s1VZ6.gif

Then in a couple of years, Kevin Love will opt out and join him as a Laker, and no other team will ever even know what a rebound is.

wildchild11
08-14-2012, 10:14 AM
doubt it, Shaq went Orlando -> LA -> Miami -> Phoenix -> Cleveland -> Boston -> ????

Howard seems poised to follow in those footsteps

Fahnestock
08-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Lakers should acquire Love, brb Kobe chucking 50 shots a game, misses 40, not a single fuk given since they're all gettin' put back.

businesslawbrah
08-14-2012, 10:45 AM
The way Dwight was smiling in the press conference tells me all I need to know about his future with the lakers

whitetigerwoods
08-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Orlando -> LA -> Miami

See you next summer Dwight.

waytoodeep03
08-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Him looking at those trophy's should remind him that is what it is all about. Playing in Brooklyn with Jay -Z isnt.

SamuelTooli
08-14-2012, 12:16 PM
You guys do realize that Lebron can't be beaten. lol @ anyone including Dwight Howard playing D on Lebron

RogerSterling
08-14-2012, 12:18 PM
I hope the hatred for Dwight doesn't die down just because he's a laker.

god what an immense phaggot

Maximum
08-14-2012, 01:09 PM
I hope the hatred for Dwight doesn't die down just because he's a laker.

god what an immense phaggot

i hate him more than any other athlete on the planet pretty much. Never understood the love this guy got, and how people choose to just look away the past year during his nonsense....and still just hate Lebron.

DFINC
08-14-2012, 01:15 PM
You guys do realize that Lebron can't be beaten. lol @ anyone including Dwight Howard playing D on Lebron

What? You do know that Lebron shoots like 42% against Dwight led teams

CurryTech777
08-14-2012, 01:19 PM
i hate him more than any other athlete on the planet pretty much. Never understood the love this guy got, and how people choose to just look away the past year during his nonsense....and still just hate Lebron.

lebron left the team that gave him everything. Left a community that gave him anything and everything. I have said this before and i will say it again, had lebron stayed and won only 1 ring as a cav, he would go down as a legend. Now, hes just the guy that bailed. If wade gets hurt again and bosh isn't playing well, will lebron jump ship again to join the thunder? Dwight doesn't owe orlando anything, and dwight was traded, not like lebron who CHOSE to go to miami.

HelloDurr
08-14-2012, 01:22 PM

I agree with you.

Fauurk lebron! Let's go Dwight and the lakers!

RogerSterling
08-14-2012, 01:23 PM
lebron left the team that gave him everything. Left a community that gave him anything and everything. I have said this before and i will say it again, had lebron stayed and won only 1 ring as a cav, he would go down as a legend. Now, hes just the guy that bailed. If wade gets hurt again and bosh isn't playing well, will lebron jump ship again to join the thunder? Dwight doesn't owe orlando anything, and dwight was traded, not like lebron who CHOSE to go to miami.

Are you just going to pretend like all the bull **** flip flopping and getting the coach fired and being a cancer to his team didn't happen? Dwight was a free agent, flip flopped back and forth about going to a new team, then signed his 1 yr player option at the last minute. A couple months later demands a trade again, mere weeks after requesting that SVG be fired. Dwights phaggot status=confirmed.

Both LeBron and Dwight have given future NBA stars the perfect manual on how NOT to handle free agency. At least lebron finally shut his big stupid mouth and has begun to repair his image. But for most people the damage will be irreversible.

JBhaverhill
08-14-2012, 01:28 PM

So LeBron playing his heart out for 7 years, and then choosing to switch teams

vs

Dwight being a phaggot atleast 2 seasons, fighting with his coach, demanding trades, then taking it back, then demanding trade, then signing extension, then demanding trade and forcing Olando to trade him for **** in return.

and you giving Dwight a pass?

I don't think LeBron owes cleveland anything. He gave them 7 years to put pieces around him, and they failed to do that. 7 years for a superstar like him is more than enough time for management to make something happen. Its clevelands fault he left, simple as that.

HelloDurr
08-14-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm taking my talents to south beach.

What a tool.

Atleast the magics got something in return more than the cavs did. It's the Orlando organizations fault. Don't blame Dwight. He repeatedly said I want to be traded.

Magics hesitated too much and finally pulled the trigger. Cavs didn't even fking know where lebron was going until the last minute.

The Fauurk is that?!?!

CaptainWildcard
08-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Clearly Adidas has been a big influence on Howard's motivations for team destinations (I've read that Adidas had a kicker incentive if Howard made it to Brooklyn)

If Howard has shown me anything this last year, it's that you can't be sure what to expect and you can't expect him to always take what would be considered the logical or practical approach.

I think Dallas is still in the running. Cuban still has his ties to Hollywood and essentially what was HDNet. In terms of global branding, I think Mark Cuban can offer something relatively competitive, even to being in NY.

As for Howard this year, I think all anyone can do is let it all play out. He's not signing an extension now, while that's great for him signing for 5 years versus 3 if he waits, he could also blow out both knees during the season. The only thing for certain is that the Lakers have him this year and have his Bird Rights which makes him at minimum a trade asset of some kind.

He's a defensive monster, no doubt, he will elevate that defense, but he's gotta hit more of his free throws. He's a liability late game with his poor free throw shooting. You can see teams arming up just for that, OKC getting Thabeet and the Heat standing a good chance of picking up Milicic. Getting those 10-11th guys on the bench who are intended for giving six hard fouls a night.

JBhaverhill
08-14-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm taking my talents to south beach.

What a tool.

Atleast the magics got something in return more than the cavs did. It's the Orlando organizations fault. Don't blame Dwight. He repeatedly said I want to be traded.

Magics hesitated too much and finally pulled the trigger. Cavs didn't even fking know where lebron was going until the last minute.

The Fauurk is that?!?!

thats how free agency works you phaggot.

And yea Dwight said he wanted to be traded multiple times, but he also said he wanted to stay multiple times forcing them fire Van Gundy, and he signed an OPTIONAL extension showing intent he wanted to stay. Then he demands a trade again.

HelloDurr
08-14-2012, 01:39 PM
thats how free agency works you phaggot.

And yea Dwight said he wanted to be traded multiple times, but he also said he wanted to stay multiple times forcing them fire Van Gundy, and he signed an OPTIONAL extension showing intent he wanted to stay. Then he demands a trade again.

Hey phaggot, so every FA should go out like how lebron did. Interasdang...

He signed the extension to give the magics more time to get together a better trade . Magics knew he was gone.
They asked Dwight multiple times during the season if he can change his mind. Hell no

JBhaverhill
08-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Hey phaggot, so every FA should go out like how lebron did. Interasdang...

He signed the extension to give the magics more time to get together a better trade . Magics knew he was gone.
They asked Dwight multiple times during the season if he can change his mind. Hell no

Not everyone should get an 1 hour special to announce their decision. But you said "Cavs didn't even fking know where lebron was going until the last minute."

And that is how free agency works. A player picks a team, and he notifies the organizations/press. No other way to do it.

And you're an idiot if you think dwight wasnt constantly changing his mind about staying or going from Orlando, not just over the past season, but over the past 3 years when he started demanding trades.

Maximum
08-14-2012, 02:01 PM

vs

Dwight being a phaggot atleast 2 seasons, fighting with his coach, demanding trades, then taking it back, then demanding trade, then signing extension, then demanding trade and forcing Olando to trade him for **** in return.

I don't think LeBron owes cleveland anything. He gave them 7 years to put pieces around him, and they failed to do that. 7 years for a superstar like him is more than enough time for management to make something happen. Its clevelands fault he left, simple as that.

Bron took a worthless Cavs team to the Finals, one that rivaled AI's Sixers team for prob worst team to make it to the Finals in the past 25-30 years. He put the spotlight on a city that is overlooked otherwise for all those years. He left on his own time, didn't disrupt the team during the season anywhere like Dwight or Melo...or even DWill for that fact. You can think what you want of the Decision crap he did- honestly didn't bother me one bit.

AlliWantisLulz
08-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Are some people really saying what Lebron did was worse than what Dwight did?

Pls go choke on a dick

NickA44
08-14-2012, 02:22 PM
damn he's retiring ?

they just got him

serevei
08-14-2012, 02:27 PM
love simply cant say no to this cutie:
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0405/grant_a_rubio_b1_300.jpg

and if he says no to this guy he's in serious trouble

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc333/strahe79/avatars/PekSmashHoward.gif

I don't see love moving anytime in the near future when he has a core of: rubio-shved/roy-ak47-love-pek and dont underestimate the adelman factor

CurryTech777
08-14-2012, 02:37 PM

vs

failed to put pieces around him? As far as i know, lebron didn't take a pay cut to allow the cavs to sign players like he did with the heat. Play his heart out? he gave up in the finals. Dwight doesn't call himself the king and wear a mouthpiece with sixteen on it. Dwight is a clown much like shaq was and is easy to like. lebron is a self absorbed choke artist that won't win a title again.

AirCanada
08-14-2012, 03:08 PM
failed to put pieces around him? As far as i know, lebron didn't take a pay cut to allow the cavs to sign players like he did with the heat. Play his heart out? he gave up in the finals. Dwight doesn't call himself the king and wear a mouthpiece with sixteen on it. Dwight is a clown much like shaq was and is easy to like. lebron is a self absorbed choke artist that won't win a title again.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m46emf9PBr1r3ox4ao1_500.gif

StarfaceChris
08-14-2012, 04:23 PM
he was beaten 3 straight years with hca in the playoffs and he gets lucky the 4th time and now he's become some unbeatable god? lmao

problemz
08-14-2012, 04:32 PM

You're easily becoming a poster on this board filled with blind hate and no knowledge.

Hengman
08-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Bron took a worthless Cavs team to the Finals, one that rivaled AI's Sixers team for prob worst team to make it to the Finals in the past 25-30 years. He put the spotlight on a city that is overlooked otherwise for all those years. He left on his own time, didn't disrupt the team during the season anywhere like Dwight or Melo...or even DWill for that fact. You can think what you want of the Decision crap he did- honestly didn't bother me one bit.

Deron Williams requested a trade? I don't remember him wanting to leave Utah?

But yeah, LeBron did the unnecessary by making an ESPN special. Big smack to CLE fans for that move.

He could have just signed away quietly and nobody probably would make a big deal out of it.

Strizzz
02-20-2013, 10:05 AM
The way Dwight was smiling in the press conference tells me all I need to know about his future with the lakers

His face says it all...

Lol, I bet it did:

http://i46.tinypic.com/30hubfs.jpg

DubstepDealer
02-20-2013, 10:09 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/30hubfs.jpg