PDA

View Full Version : Did the Eagles make the right move going with Vick?

waytoodeep03
08-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Looks like the Vick experiment actually succeeded in Philly now Kolb just lost the starting job in Arizona. Man I thought the kid was good. I even had doubts that he shouldve been traded from philly but now I see.

CurryTech777
08-14-2012, 10:14 AM
yep 100million to a guy that plays 8 games out of the year.

thats the redskins business plan also

NJLife
08-14-2012, 10:23 AM
exciting player. too injury prone for my liking. wish they traded him for almost any durable starting caliber qb. imagine peyton manning with that philly offense

CCAurora
08-14-2012, 10:23 AM

Vick came along at the perfect time. McNabb was done and Kolb turned out to be just another system QB (see Feely, Detmer, etc)... they should start thinking about their QB of the future in the next 1-2 years, but Vick is definitely a top 10 QB

waytoodeep03
08-14-2012, 10:27 AM

Vick came along at the perfect time. McNabb was done and Kolb turned out to be just another system QB (see Feely, Detmer, etc)... they should start thinking about their QB of the future in the next 1-2 years, but Vick is definitely a top 10 QB

I agree. Kolb had those 3 games with 300 yards and everyone thought he was the next Brady LOL. The guy cant even start for the Arizona Cardinals. The same happened with Matt Flynn last year with GB. The guy was just in a good system he will be exposed in Seattle

CurryTech777
08-14-2012, 10:31 AM

Not even close, do you even read? Only a moron would be jealous of a franchise that has never won anything.

beepbeep
08-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Undoubtedly.

It was correct decision to move from McNabb to Kolb because a) Donovan clearly wasn't the same QB anymore and b) they needed to see what Kolb could offer.

It was also the correct decision to move from Kolb to Vick after watching Kolb flounder badly in the preseason/season opener. The Eagles are a much better team with Vick right now than they would be with either McNabb or Kolb.

The Eagles' front office is far from flawless, but no team in the league does a better job of cutting bait at the correct time, even if it isn't a popular move.

DaBest12
08-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Only time will tell.

regGQ
08-14-2012, 10:33 AM
What other move was there for Philly to make? lulz. One good year, one bad year. This season will really be the tale of Vick in Philly.

CurryTech777
08-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Undoubtedly.

It was correct decision to move from McNabb to Kolb because a) Donovan clearly wasn't the same QB anymore and b) they needed to see what Kolb could offer.

It was also the correct decision to move from Kolb to Vick after watching Kolb flounder badly in the preseason/season opener. The Eagles are a much better team with Vick right now than they would be with either McNabb or Kolb.

The Eagles' front office is far from flawless, but no team in the league does a better job of cutting bait at the correct time, even if it isn't a popular move.

imo mcnabb would have given better production than vick if he had stayed mainly because he would have played all 16 games un-injured. The team is stacked, and not making the playoffs is pathetic.

CCAurora
08-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Not even close, do you even read? Only a moron would be jealous of a franchise that has never won anything.

Age: 21. You were still ****ting your pants the last time Dallas knew how to win. May as well brag about Staubach.

FYI, Vick had a borderline MVP season in 2010. How did McNabb do?

CMNNHS
08-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Yay Nick Foles

Ecnewyx
08-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Undoubtedly.

This. Although whether rewarding Vick after his one stellar 4/5th season is questionable. It's not like the Eagles are that heavily invested in him though, if he doesn't workout they can cut him and that $80M contract becomes basically a $3 year $40M contract which is still a lot but about right for a QB.

beepbeep
08-14-2012, 11:12 AM
imo mcnabb would have given better production than vick if he had stayed mainly because he would have played all 16 games un-injured. The team is stacked, and not making the playoffs is pathetic.
No he wouldn't. McNabb can't even find a team to sign him after his disastrous stints in Washington and Minnesota. He was never the same QB after tearing his ACL in 2005 and his play has fallen off of a cliff the last couple of years.

And why would you think McNabb would play all 16 games? He's done that once since 2003 and only 3 times total in his career.

Last year's team was stacked on paper but virtually the entire team drastically underperformed (Vick included). Any mental mistake you could think of was committed by the team last year by players and coaches on both offense and defense. It was an epic cluster**** that was only partially caused by Vick being mediocre. Having McNabb or Kolb wouldn't have made the team any better.

Big7Ben86
08-14-2012, 11:13 AM
in terms of creating excitement and having a team that you cant rule out until late season, yes

in terms of having a legit shot of actually winning and competing with top tier teams, no.

but then again, i enjoy winning

KC2892
08-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Vick was the best choice they had. Mcnabb was done, Kolb has been a awful system QB from the get-go.

CurryTech777
08-14-2012, 12:49 PM
age: 21. You were still ****ting your pants the last time dallas knew how to win. May as well brag about staubach.

Fyi, vick had a borderline mvp season in 2010. How did mcnabb do?

bro, read my sig, i'm a raider fan from the bay, i simply live in texas now. No reason to have bitter hatred towards the eagles, thanks for taking namdi's contract lol

CurryTech777
08-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Vick was the best choice they had. Mcnabb was done, Kolb has been a awful system QB from the get-go.

the eagles have a good qb system, so why not let kolb play in it? Would have been cheaper and a better long term solution.

beepbeep
08-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Because Kolb absolutely sucks and has lost two starting jobs that were handed to him uncontested, the second only a year after the team gave up a 2nd round pick and a 25 year old former Pro Bowl CB to get him.

regGQ
08-14-2012, 02:49 PM
the eagles have a good qb system, so why not let kolb play in it? Would have been cheaper and a better long term solution.
http://i.imgur.com/9ROfP.gif

you should be banned from talking football

Impurityz
08-14-2012, 02:50 PM

Lol kolb doesn't have .000001% of Vicks talent.

SpiderSense
08-14-2012, 02:51 PM
CC Aurora exposed as intelligent and rational :o

Wu-Massacre
08-14-2012, 02:52 PM
People seem to forget that the reason Vick even played in 2010 was due to the injury of Kolb at the time there was no other way to go then just play Vick

Loswaldo
08-14-2012, 03:13 PM

I think a Raiders fan should know better than to criticise.

But I think Vick when healthy is an elite QB.

He has a great arm, can make deep passes and has amazing arm speed for the slot passes etc.
If pocket breaks down he has his feet and is pretty damn quick and gain 8+ yards easily if he has the space, he can even make passes whilst scrambling
He has a pretty decent football IQ too, the only bad thing is and I blame Andy Reid for this. It's his time management. If in the play-offs 2 seasons ago he had spiked that ball and waited for players to get into better field position, rather than running up field and throwing a pass that just screamed rushed short. Then we could be saying he is a top 10 if not top 5 in the leage right now.

However and I agree he still has alot to prove, but he has the talent thats undeniable. But it's whether he can utilise it at the right time, his decision making hurts him.

ziaziazia
08-14-2012, 03:50 PM
No, Philly absolutely made the wrong decision. Has vick gotten them to the Superbowl? No. They cut kolbs legs out from under him. Yeah kolb sucks now, because he was in Arizona. He was set up for failure. Atleast vick Is fun to watch...

bigcc
08-14-2012, 03:51 PM
I agree. Kolb had those 3 games with 300 yards and everyone thought he was the next Brady LOL. The guy cant even start for the Arizona Cardinals. The same happened with Matt Flynn last year with GB. The guy was just in a good system he will be exposed in Seattle

we paid him 3/19...... nobody expects him to be the next anything except an improvement over t-jack

regGQ
08-14-2012, 04:51 PM
No, Philly absolutely made the wrong decision. Has vick gotten them to the Superbowl? No. They cut kolbs legs out from under him. Yeah kolb sucks now, because he was in Arizona. He was set up for failure. Atleast vick Is fun to watch...
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/279/981/f45.gif

penorOFpeace
08-14-2012, 05:04 PM

McNabb sucked bro - he had a cannon but was dumb and his legs lost explosiveness quickly

problemz
08-14-2012, 05:06 PM

Raiders

lulz

Redskins = / = Cerrato the ex gm.

joedirt87
08-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Kolb never showed anything. He played something like 5 games for Donovan McNabb and performed equally to what Feely and Detmer had done in previous seasons. Andy Reid with an even greater troll on the Arizona. then when he did it to Miami or Washington. Rod Graves and Wisenhunt need to be fired after this season.

Hengman
08-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Matt Lienart failed hard in AZ... So did McCown and some other players who people thought were going to do fine in AZ. I don't blame Kolb. I think he's on the wrong team.

One thing I really disliked a lot about Kolb was that he always rushed himself with every play. Each time he would rush a play, he would mess up the play. Happened a lot in Philly. He had what? 3 games for 300 yards? But he made a lot of mistakes during those games too.