PDA

View Full Version : Rangers calling up Profar?

LostOne287
08-13-2012, 09:46 PM
The Rangers could promote Double A Frisco infielder Jurickson Profar to the big leagues when they go back to a four-man bench. Club officials said Monday “it’s been discussed” and Profar is one of the candidates who could get the call.

The Rangers are currently going with a three-man bench since Friday when reliever Mark Lowe was activated off the disabled list and infielder Alberto Gonzalez was outrighted to Triple A Round Rock. The Rangers are carrying an extra pitcher through this roadtrip but will probably an infielder when they return home on Monday to face the Orioles.

Right now Michael Young is the Rangers backup middle infielder but they have even worked out Mike Olt at shortstop to be ready in case of emergency. Manager Ron Washington said he wants another middle infielder.

“I’ve got the outfield covered,” Washington said. “I’ve got first base and third base covered. I need second base and shortstop covered. We have Michael but we need more than just Michael.”

Why the hell would they call him up to ride the bench? Would be horrible for his development IMO.

dasfeuer
08-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Why the hell would they call him up to ride the bench? Would be horrible for his development IMO.

They might bring him up in September to let him get a taste of the big leagues. He will get enough playing time from them giving guys rest leading up to the postseason

Future24
08-13-2012, 10:02 PM
He's a monster in MLB The Show 12.

taxe91
08-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Wtf calling him up to pretty much be a pinch hitter? Save that for when the minor league season is over..

Olt has only had 10 AB's since he got callsd up too.. Dunno what the rangers are trying to do here

cor030
08-13-2012, 10:29 PM
He's a monster in MLB The Show 12.

Playing this game right now lulz. Prob the best sports series out there.

I have no idea why but I do better with the prospects in that game than I do with the proven starts. For example I'm hiring like .330 with good power using Anthony rendon(nats top prospect) yet struggling with morse & Zimmerman.

Anyways back on topic lol..think they're doing this because of machado's early success?

Future24
08-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Playing this game right now lulz. Prob the best sports series out there.

I have no idea why but I do better with the prospects in that game than I do with the proven starts. For example I'm hiring like .330 with good power using Anthony rendon(nats top prospect) yet struggling with morse & Zimmerman.

Anyways back on topic lol..think they're doing this because of machado's early success?Game is amazing but agreed. With Trout I can't get a hit to save my life. With Profar I can't get out with him.

JaxBrah
08-13-2012, 11:11 PM
I guess they saw how the GOAT manny machado was doing and wanted a piece of the thunder