PDA

View Full Version : guys aware me on anything NBA related

PeakTimez
08-13-2012, 09:12 PM
So Misc, I've decided to start following the NBA again. I used to watch for a couple of years between 2004-2006 when it used to come on tv in the UK but it has stopped now. Anyway I supported the lakers when their squad was Bryant, Odam, Parker.. players like that. I don't remember much anymore etc since its not very documented in England. Do players such as duncan, garnett, mcgrady, iverson, carter,nash, ming etc play anymore? I watched every team USA game at the Olympics this year and really enjoyed it but only recognized one or two faces.

Anyway, put me up to date in NBA news..which team is the best right now? who's the top 5 players right now, popularity wise and skills wise? ( this will be highly subjective but give a general list)
Where do you watch NBA games on the internet? any good, consistent streaming sites?

also, just wondering how popular is the NBA in comparison to something such as the NFL or MLB.

turtle18
08-13-2012, 09:16 PM
So Misc, I've decided to start following the NBA again. I used to watch for a couple of years between 2004-2006 when it used to come on tv in the UK but it has stopped now. Anyway I supported the lakers when their squad was Bryant, Odam, Parker.. players like that. I don't remember much anymore etc since its not very documented in England. Do players such as duncan, garnett, mcgrady, iverson, carter,nash, ming etc play anymore? I watched every team USA game at the Olympics this year and really enjoyed it but only recognized one or two faces.

Anyway, put me up to date in NBA news..which team is the best right now? who's the top 5 players right now, popularity wise and skills wise? ( this will be highly subjective but give a general list)
Where do you watch NBA games on the internet? any good, consistent streaming sites?

also, just wondering how popular is the NBA in comparison to something such as the NFL or MLB.

5. dylan
4. dylan
3. dylan
2. dylan
1. lebron

DJGalactico
08-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Ask direct questions and I'll try to answer as many as possible brah.

P.s. LOL at mentioning Smush Parker

JoshSelbyfor3
08-13-2012, 09:27 PM
1. LeGOAT
2. Chris Paul
3. Kevin Durant
4. Dwyane Wade
5. Chris Bosh

wifestealer
08-13-2012, 09:28 PM
best teams, no particular order:
lakers
heat
thunder
spurs
celtics
bulls pre-rose injury

best players, no particular order:
lebron
kobe
durant
chris paul
deron williams
rajon rondo
dwight howard when he's not being a phaggot
rose when he isn't injured
carmelo anthony

summary of the league:
-3 team race for the title next season between OKC, lakers and heat.
-western conference is still deep compared to the east.
-most people will say that the spurs time is done, and most people outside of MA would say the same about the celtics.
-knicks continue to disappoint with a somewhat stacked roster, but there are claims that they have "bake" status since carmelo looks to be in great shape entering next season and have added a few more defensive personalities.
-the bulls, who led the eastern conference last season and were serious contenders lost their star player and former MVP to injury, so they will probably tank this season.
-dwight howard is now on the lakers after thoroughly porking the magic.
-the heat bench looks like the old seattle team (ray allen, rashard lewis)
-flopping epidemic throughout the league (lebron, harden, cp3, griffin etc.)
-phaggy posters on sports misc convinced of NBA consipracy (biased refs, rigged lottery, veto'd trades, sterns gonna stern etc.)

YellowOnYellow
08-13-2012, 09:32 PM
lakers
heat
thunder
spurs
celtics
bulls pre-rose injury

lebron
kobe
durant
chris paul
deron williams
rajon rondo
carmelo anthony

summary of the league:
-most people will say that the spurs time is done, and most people outside of MA would say the same about the celtics.
-knicks continue to disappoint with a somewhat stacked roster, but there are claims that they have "bake" status since carmelo looks to be in great shape entering next season and have added a few more defensive personalities.
-the bulls, who led the eastern conference last season and were serious contenders lost their star player and former MVP to injury, so they will probably tank this season.
-phaggy posters on sports misc convinced of NBA consipracy (biased refs, rigged lottery, veto'd trades, sterns gonna stern etc.)

Best cliffs for the nba ever. Only thing missing is a bunch of phaggot players complaining/talking to the refs on every fukking play.

JoshSelbyfor3
08-13-2012, 09:35 PM
lakers
heat
thunder
spurs
celtics
bulls pre-rose injury

lebron
kobe
durant
chris paul
deron williams
rajon rondo
carmelo anthony

summary of the league:

Lol'd hard at bold. OP wants to hear information from people who actively watch the NBA.

PeakTimez
Ask direct questions and I'll try to answer as many as possible brah.

P.s. LOL at mentioning Smush Parker

Who is better lebron or kobe?

For some reason I don't like lebron, then again I don't know much about it. Bryant is by far my favourite player though and durant also after watching them at the olympics.

snakeyesbrahs
5. dylan
4. dylan
3. dylan
2. dylan
1. dylan

Fixed and repped.

Z9lg6HqJeY0

IllPhill
firstrowsports brah

thank me later

DFINC
08-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Lol'd hard at bold. OP wants to hear information from people who actively watch the NBA.

And this guy here is an LBJ troll. A fanboy that basks himself in Lebron James' nuts, so naturally he hates Kobe (the 2nd GOAT) and the Lakers

businesslawbrah
08-13-2012, 09:45 PM
OP, memorize this video and song

iY9HjNWbJvA

/thread

mayweathermusic
08-13-2012, 09:47 PM
There's been a few changes here and there but all you really need to know is that the Knicks are bake.

JoshSelbyfor3
08-13-2012, 09:51 PM
And this guy here is an LBJ troll. A fanboy that basks himself in Lebron James' nuts, so naturally he hates Kobe (the 2nd GOAT) and the Lakers

Never made a troll post in my life. I'm above the likes of bizlawphag and co.

3jUPtfJjwX4

I can already see the Kobegeek sitting there at his computer, by the 1:30 mark of this video "awe man this sucks" (thumbs down) (clicks x) (goes to watch his favorite Kobetard worship mix). This video is specifically made for YOU if YOU are that guy.

First of all, Kobe is a top 6 perimeter player of all time, top 6, this has nothing to do with Kobe, this has to do with all of you Kobe fans who constantly send me the most ridiculous opinions when it pertains to Kobe. You act like he walks on water....

Kobe has a good stretch of games, that's an indication of his GOAT status to the Tards, Kobe has a stretch of brutally bad games, well it never happened. Kobe hits a tough shot, that's why he's the GOAT, the 4-5 times that Kobe tried to hit that shot and missed, never happened. Kobe wears rings on his fingers, that's because he's the GOAT, the repeated sub par performances on the way to that ring, never happened. Kobe scores 81 points on 46 shots and 20 free throws against the worst D in the NBA, amazing GOAT status, Kobe takes 47 shots and misses 30 of them (the 17-47 game), never happened. Kobe scores 62 in three quarters, it's GOAT material, the fact that he took 25 free throws in those 3 quarters and there were 7 technical fouls handed out to the Mavs because they couldn't believe some of the panzy calls, didn't happen. Life of a delusional Kobetard.

Furthermore, Kobe has it so hard, and that's why he struggles.... everyone else scores their buckets easily and defenses roll out a red carpet to the basket so they can score. Shaq was a fat lazy piece of garbage, he actually wasn't the most dominant player in the modern NBA. Pau Gasol is soft/weak/should shave, he actually didn't perform at a very high level on the way to their championships. Kobe's supporting cast is garbage, the Lakers actually don't have the highest payroll in the NBA for the last 4 years. LeBum James didn't shake hands with Dwight Howard, Kobe actually didn't walk off the court without shaking hands in the 2006 Playoffs against the Suns. Prince James quit on the Cavaliers against Boston, but Kobe actually didn't quit against the Suns in 2006 when every analyst worth his weight in salt called Kobe out for it. LeChoke James is a punk for leaving his team as a free agent, Kobe showed his killer instinct demanding a trade and telling people that the Lakers should "ship Bynum's ass out."

The contradictions are absolutely hilarious but so ignorant at the same time. Celebrity worship syndrome and pathetic vicarious living at it's finest level. Kobe would also have more MVP's if the media didn't hate him, yeah the same media that's all over his nutsack and constantly over rates his legacy, defense, and offensive ability. Screw Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, and LeBrick James, these guys never deserved MVP's, even though they out performed Kobe, were more efficient, and the year Kobe won his MVP Chris Paul was actually the most deserving player. (Kobe should have won in 2002-2003).

This video contains footage of LeBron James blocking Kobe Bryant, hitting jumpers over Kobe Bryant, shaking Kobe Bryant so hard his ankles snap, running over Kobe like he was a point guard, driving to the basket on Kobe, answering a Kobe miss with a make, and basically just owning Kobe Bryant over and over again. I actually couldn't include all of the footage of LeBron James owning Kobe because I ran out of patience making this video.

Oh, and Kobe is NOT a top 20 player currently, NOT a top 20 player all time, NOT a top 5 SG, and NOT a top 3 player on the Lakers. He is however first in chucking, missed shots, contested fadeaway mid range shots and ignoring open teammates.

wifestealer
08-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Never made a troll post in my life. I'm above the likes of bizlawphag and co.

3jUPtfJjwX4

Oh, and Kobe is NOT a top 20 player currently, NOT a top 20 player all time, NOT a top 5 SG, and NOT a top 3 player on the Lakers. He is however first in chucking, missed shots, contested fadeaway mid range shots and ignoring open teammates.

you forgot to add fetal alcohol syndrome crew.

and i'm a lebron fan.

JoshSelbyfor3
08-13-2012, 09:59 PM
you forgot to add fetal alcohol syndrome crew.

and i'm a lebron fan.
Symptoms

A baby with fetal alcohol syndrome may have the following symptoms:
Poor growth while the baby is in the womb and after birth

5'8"

MJLaughing.gif

Shazik
08-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Too lazy to fill you in on players and whatnot, but as far as popularity goes Basketball is only 2nd to Am. Football in the states. Some phaggots will tell you that MLB Baseball is the 2nd place sport but those people are stuck in the past, NBA overtook it and while I can't be bothered to find it there was even an ESPN thing which proved it.

AlliWantisLulz
08-13-2012, 10:18 PM
you're a phaggot for deleting your other thread

like i said

top 5 players
lebron
durant
wade
dwight howard
chris paul

best team in the west: lakers or thunder

best team in the east: heat

toujane
08-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Too lazy to fill you in on players and whatnot, but as far as popularity goes Basketball is only 2nd to Am. Football in the states. Some phaggots will tell you that MLB Baseball is the 2nd place sport but those people are stuck in the past, NBA overtook it and while I can't be bothered to find it there was even an ESPN thing which proved it.

plz find :<

Lunatic
08-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Just watch LeBron, Dwayne Wade, and Harden if you wanna see horrible acting. Watch LeBron and Wade if you wanna see people bitch about not getting a foul call when they miss a shot.

AmazinJason
08-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Who is better lebron or kobe?

For some reason I don't like lebron, then again I don't know much about it. Bryant is by far my favourite player though and durant also after watching them at the olympics.
Kobe is the GOAT, but at this stage of their careers, I gotta give it to Lebron.

But Lebron will never be able to have as legendary of a career as Kobe GOAT Bryant.

gswarrior510
08-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Best teams:
1) Lakers
2) Heat
3) Thunder
4) Celtics
5) Clippers

Best players:
1) Lebron
2) Durant
3) Howard
4) Kobe
5) Paul
6) Wade
7) Carmelo
8) Ramon Ranjo
9) Rustle Westbrook
10) Dirk

Cliffs on teams:
-Knicks are horribly put together (Melo and Amare are too similar when they are playing without a good PG, Amare needs a good P&R PG to make a difference on that team..and for Melo to buy into playing off ball)
-Warriors might make playoffs (nobody cares, but they have a balanced team. Just need a slasher and health)
-Lakers should cruise to finals pending implementation of triangle (Nash/Howard are not really all that for triangle and Brown is not creative enough to make changes to implement them into it)
-Thunder might have a chance because Dwight has always struggled against Perkins and Gasol gets intimidated by athletic freaks like mcgee and ibaka
-Philly will put up a fight against Miami because of the combination of their defense and nobody to guard Bynum (pending Bynum's development of handling double teams)
-Celtics will put up a fight against anybody (besides Lakers..too much size) pending development of the youngsters and health

Cliffs on players:
-Lebron is the best player in NBA, but his jumper regressed a lot from his peak. Barely shoots now. He will run into a team that can pack the paint and when his 3pt shooters are not hot, they'll struggle (imo)
-Wade will be a beast next year coming off the surgery (paints his toe nails black and posts it on instagram for whatever reason)
-Bosh is very important to Heat's success. They dont win without him.
-Kobe will put up a lot of shots and have high efficiency next year (28 ppg on 58% TS probably as long as he's not a phaggot about it)
-Gasol will have a strong 1st half of the season till Dwight comes back
-Love, despite his amazing stats is not a superstar imo. He can't create his shot and doesnt play defense. Not too much of an impact player.

gotta do chem homework, ask some questions I'll answer

MurkinSeason
08-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Alright basically all you gotta know is.. the NBA is all about money. High market teams have the best players and its the same teams in the playoffs/finals every year. Enjoy

Masstastic
08-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Best teams:
1) Lakers
2) Heat
3) Thunder
4) Celtics
5) Clippers

Best players:
1) Lebron
2) Durant
3) Howard
4) Kobe
5) Paul
6) Wade
7) Carmelo
8) Ramon Ranjo
9) Rustle Westbrook
10) Dirk

Cliffs on teams:
-Knicks are horribly put together (Melo and Amare are too similar when they are playing without a good PG, Amare needs a good P&R PG to make a difference on that team..and for Melo to buy into playing off ball)-Warriors might make playoffs (nobody cares, but they have a balanced team. Just need a slasher and health)
-Lakers should cruise to finals pending implementation of triangle (Nash/Howard are not really all that for triangle and Brown is not creative enough to make changes to implement them into it)
-Thunder might have a chance because Dwight has always struggled against Perkins and Gasol gets intimidated by athletic freaks like mcgee and ibaka
-Philly will put up a fight against Miami because of the combination of their defense and nobody to guard Bynum (pending Bynum's development of handling double teams)
-Celtics will put up a fight against anybody (besides Lakers..too much size) pending development of the youngsters and health

Cliffs on players:
-Lebron is the best player in NBA, but his jumper regressed a lot from his peak. Barely shoots now. He will run into a team that can pack the paint and when his 3pt shooters are not hot, they'll struggle (imo)
-Wade will be a beast next year coming off the surgery (paints his toe nails black and posts it on instagram for whatever reason)
-Bosh is very important to Heat's success. They dont win without him.
-Kobe will put up a lot of shots and have high efficiency next year (28 ppg on 58% TS probably as long as he's not a phaggot about it)
-Gasol will have a strong 1st half of the season till Dwight comes back
-Love, despite his amazing stats is not a superstar imo. He can't create his shot and doesnt play defense. Not too much of an impact player.

gotta do chem homework, ask some questions I'll answer

Agree with everything except these 2.

Westbrick better than Derrick Rose? If we're knocking people for injuries than both Wade & Dwight shouldn't be in the Top 10 right now either, if you truly believe Westbrick is better than Rose I have no words for you.

Knicks aren't horribly put together. Amare is strictly a pick & roll player, who showed flashes of a high post iso game for 50 games and now everyone cites those 50 games instead of the 500+ he's played in his career as strictly a pick & roll player. Melo has no problem playing off the ball, the only thing is he has to touch the ball on the Knicks because their offense will get stagnant so quick.

gswarrior510
08-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Agree with everything except these 2.

Westbrick better than Derrick Rose? If we're knocking people for injuries than both Wade & Dwight shouldn't be in the Top 10 right now either, if you truly believe Westbrick is better than Rose I have no words for you.

Knicks aren't horribly put together. Amare is strictly a pick & roll player, who showed flashes of a high post iso game for 50 games and now everyone cites those 50 games instead of the 500+ he's played in his career as strictly a pick & roll player. Melo has no problem playing off the ball, the only thing is he has to touch the ball on the Knicks because their offense will get stagnant so quick.

Err I'd put Rose over Kobe if he returns from his injury as good as he was in his MVP season. I just left him off because his injury is more serious than Dwight's and Wade's

I see your point on Knicks, but I still have doubts about what you said

bodybuilder89
08-14-2012, 12:28 AM
cliffs
-lebron has a ring
-kobe doesn't pass
-javale mcgee is dumb
-bobcats suck

Masstastic
08-14-2012, 12:33 AM
Err I'd put Rose over Kobe if he returns from his injury as good as he was in his MVP season. I just left him off because his injury is more serious than Dwight's and Wade's
Rose's torn ACL isn't as serious as the arthritic knee Kobe has been playing on & needing blood platelet therapy on after every season nor the ticking time bomb that is Chris Paul's left knee.

You gotta give him the benefit of the doubt unless he literally comes back and starts shooting 35%.

I see your point on Knicks, but I still have doubts about what you said

You dont have to doubt it, because the Knicks are still going to run the same Iso Melo **** everyone saw at the end of last season. I was just speaking on hypotheticals as if the Knicks actually had some semblance of an offense and how Amare/Melo could've fit together.

gswarrior510
08-14-2012, 01:24 AM
Rose's torn ACL isn't as serious as the arthritic knee Kobe has been playing on & needing blood platelet therapy on after every season nor the ticking time bomb that is Chris Paul's left knee.

You gotta give him the benefit of the doubt unless he literally comes back and starts shooting 35%.

You dont have to doubt it, because the Knicks are still going to run the same Iso Melo **** everyone saw at the end of last season. I was just speaking on hypotheticals as if the Knicks actually had some semblance of an offense and how Amare/Melo could've fit together.

then you can put him at 4 right before Kobe

DFINC
08-14-2012, 01:38 AM
Also, Kobe once scored 81 in a game

s7P4SVFG7a8

He used to be so good that now he's only 60-70% of what he was at his peak, but he's still a top 5 player in the NBA.

caliasthetics
08-14-2012, 03:18 AM
All you need to know is that the Lakers have assembled one of the greatest teams ever.

PeakTimez
08-14-2012, 06:37 AM
cliffs
-lebron has a ring
-kobe doesn't pass
-javale mcgee is dumb
-bobcats suck

lol, I noticed that at the olympics.. when ever brah got the ball he just took it own his own lolol.